Challenger challenge 2012 #11. Nadie is our champion. Congratulations!!!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #46
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Challenger challenge 2012 #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Well, this is not like TT that there are a bunch of rules, this is more 'housemade'.

It might not be very smart to put two players from the same half of the draw in the final, but imagine you have a very strong first half of the draw and a week second half of the draw. I think this was not Chilenaitors intention, really, but if you're not sure who'll get into the final from the stronger part of the draw, you would get right at least one of the finalists, so you wont throw away the possibility of getting 150 points but asure the other 150.
If someone is willing to throw away 150 points, and risk that if both of the 2 people they picked to the final loses(which is very possible, 14 people on that half of the draw that could get to the final) throw away another 150 points(along with the 200 for winning) and they'd even throw away the bonus 100 for getting everything correct(as that'd now be impossible) then I say let them.

If it's a strategy that someone thinks were help then I don't have a problem with it. Strategies are often a part of games like this.

If the only guidelines are pick 4 semifinalists, and out of those semifinalists pick 2 finalists, and then out of those pick 1 winner then as long as that's done then I don't see anything wrong, strategies make a game more fun imo, more thinking involved. I don't think anyone would do this intentionally but in case it gets done unintentially then it would be allowed.

That's just my opinion obviously, but I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

I believe I have seen it done earlier this year when I noticed someone's picks after the deadline had passed, I didn't say anything like this time because the person wouldn't have been able to correct it anyway. I believe diego entered those picks(whether he noticed the error or not I'm not sure). I just assumed at the time that it was allowed, but maybe it was because diego missed it. I'll go check and see if I can find it

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #47
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

found it, J99 in Caloundra in CC 3 who was also a newcomer and probably made an error

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Caloundra
SF: Lu, Matosevic, Duckworth, Jones
F: Lu, Jones
W: Lu

BU:
Mitchell

Dallas
SF:
F:
W:

BU:

Quimper
SF:
F:
W:

BU:
Lu, and Jones were in the same half.

It happens often when backups come into play as well when the person who withdraw and your backup are on different halfs, in fact when the person you pick who withdrew and you backup are in different quarters you have 2 picks from the same quarter.

If it's counted when backup's come into play it should be counted when you pick something like that by accident imo.

But I'll shutup now, because I'm cluttering this thread with this rule talk

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #48
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
found it, J99 in Caloundra in CC 3 who was also a newcomer and probably made an error

Lu, and Jones were in the same half.

It happens often when backups come into play as well when the person who withdraw and your backup are on different halfs, in fact when the person you pick who withdrew and you backup are in different quarters you have 2 picks from the same quarter.

If it's counted when backup's come into play it should be counted when you pick something like that by accident imo.

But I'll shutup now, because I'm cluttering this thread with this rule talk
Ok, you convinced me, I'll count it, but SHUT UP!!!

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #49
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

After Friday's results:

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 04-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #50
country flag sfar

FINAL STANDINGS:

Congratulations Nadie!!! Great tournament.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #51
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Challenger challenge 2012 #11. Nadie is our champion. Congratulations!!!!

thank you!
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #52
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Challenger challenge 2012 #11. Nadie is our champion. Congratulations!!!!

Poor week for everyone. Congrats to the winner and thanks to the organizer.