Davis Cup World Cup 2012 First Round - Switzerland vs USA *** Hopp Schwiz!!! *** - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #61
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup World Cup 2012 First Round - Switzerland vs USA *** Hopp Schwiz!!! ***

According to the player stats on the Davis Cup site, this is the first singles match Roger has lost in DC since the loss to Hewitt in 2003

Is that right? They have the nerve to complain about Roger's DC participation when he has won 16 singles matches in a row and played at least once every year except 2010? (while compiling a GOAT singles career in that time, btw).
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #62
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup World Cup 2012 First Round - Switzerland vs USA *** Hopp Schwiz!!! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
According to the player stats on the Davis Cup site, this is the first singles match Roger has lost in DC since the loss to Hewitt in 2003

Is that right? They have the nerve to complain about Roger's DC participation when he has won 16 singles matches in a row and played at least once every year except 2010? (while compiling a GOAT singles career in that time, btw).
yes, it's true.

As for "they have the nerve to complain", I see a lot of critics from "Fedfans" here about both Federer and Wawrinka who just tried their best this week-end.

Always easy to say "should have, could have" behind a computer.

Too many people have been spoilt by Federer, and I don't understand the critics to Wawrinka who has made so many efforts in Davis cup in his carreer and who is a great player for a country like Switzerland.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #63
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I'd now prefer that Fed doesn't play Davis cup anymore.

I liked the idea that he played with his friends and his team,

but there's much more than that when you're supposed to represent a country, including dealing with the Swiss media ... when you're supposed to represent a country, the media always like to melt the shit and criticize everything. Nationalism is a bitch. In France, the choice of Llodra over Simon for the final match of the Davis cup final has been discussed for days and days ... and of course everybody knew better than Forget

"Staying positive" is Fed's mantra, it's not Switzerland's one : "he owes them the win" as he is supposed to be invincible, if he gives them what they wanted, they will be just fairly happy (anyway they expected it), if not they will cry like a spoilt child.

Just let them go to hell with their negativity. And Rosset's big mouth will be fair as a captain for Bohli and Lammer.

The only remaining reason to play that in my eyes would be for Stan

Last edited by duong : 02-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #64
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Adding insult to injury was the mis-translation of Federer's French remarks into English after he and Olympic gold-medal partner Stanislas were beaten in doubles.
While Federer said: "I played a good doubles, and Stan not a bad one," the remark was reported in English as Federer saying his partner played poorly.

But the Swiss said the matter has been put to rest along with any lingering memories. "It was a tough weekend for us, we were clearly not at our best at home," said the 30-year-old, who begins Rotterdam play as top seed on Wednesday night against Frenchman Nicolas Mahut.

"It was a disappointing result. But I had a day to recover on Sunday and that helped. The Stan comment was taken completely the wrong way.

"I'd never say that, and I'll move on quickly. I spoke with both (captain) Severin (Luthi) and Stan to make sure there is no misunderstanding."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...ecd8ee7d8c.611

those jerks
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #65
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I were creative enough to twist Roger's words to mean something completely different.

Thanks for the post Fed_Ds.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #66
country flag duong

Stan himself said that there's no problem inside the team :

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/tennis/...story/17570178

the problem is not inside the team, but with the Swiss press, especially the French-speaking one.

The win was presented as "certain" then they needed to highlight a "problem inside the team" to "explain" the defeat.

Fed gave them the pretext with this sentence in the middle of his interview.

Anyway, the only reason to take part in Davis cup is his mates, Marco Chiudinelli, Luthi, and Stan, the Swiss and especially the Swiss media (and Rosset who wants Luthi's job) will always be there to create the shit, and now Fed has to be prepared for that.

Federer himself made an interview to say that he was sorry about how his words had been taken :

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/tennis/...story/25298243
Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #67
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I'd now prefer that Fed doesn't play Davis cup anymore.
As long as he is active people will always demand that he plays Davis Cup.

I was in Fribourg and it was surely frustrating to see the Swiss team losing, even more considering that they were favorites to win. But surprises in sport can happen.

Isner played an incredible match against Roger. His serve was outstanding and he was hitting the lines all the time. Let's not forget that he forced Rafa to play 5 sets on clay last year in RG.

The US doubles included the best doubles player of the last years and you could clearly see it on the court.

It's easy to say now that the Swiss team should have used another surface and concentrate on the strength of their top player. It's wrong to think that Americans can't play on clay. The US DC captain is a good example here

The atmosphere in Fribourg was great and the Swiss fans supported the team still when the encounter was already decided.

I really hope Roger will continue to play DC when he feels fit for it
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #68
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
The atmosphere in Fribourg was great and the Swiss fans supported the team still when the encounter was already decided.

I really hope Roger will continue to play DC when he feels fit for it
Thanks for the news about the atmosphere there

It seems he will actually keep on, yes, that's what he said, and he wants to play the play-off (if they keep on being very unlucky they could play in Great-Britain against Murray )

It's nice in a way, but just these newspapers : this week, le Temps (FRench-speaking Swiss newspaper) didn't make any article about Fed's win in Rotterdam but made an article about Wawrinka coming back to win one match in Buenos-Aires

Anyway, I read a very complete article about all which happened about these interviews and Fed was very clumsy indeed :

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...n-translation/

he always wants to stay positive about his game, which I understand, but then he can't say publicly a more "objective" judgment about Stan's game. Also because I think that Stan puts a lot of pressure on himself in Davis cup and the priority for him should be to release that pressure.

I just hope his relationships with Stan are OK : on sunday, it was little Alexia's second birthday then Stan had a very very good reason to be missing of course as usual the very discreet Stan didn't say anything about that

As for the Swiss newspapers, he should be much much more careful : the French-speaking Swiss media won't forgive him anything.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #69
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the news about the atmosphere there
Someone from our group met someone from the US fans who is travelling around the world to accompany the US team. This American said that he never saw such dedicated fans as the Swiss' and that the team could be very proud to have such fans.

Quote:
It seems he will actually keep on, yes, that's what he said, and he wants to play the play-off (if they keep on being very unlucky they could play in Great-Britain against Murray )
Roger enjoys it to be together with the team and I think it will only be positive for him to be amongst his friends there. This last DC encounter was a disappointment but there's no need to feel depressed about the outcome as the result can't be changed.

An encounter against Great Britain would surely be interesting - maybe Mikey would consider to attend it to see his two favorite players playing

But let's wait and see who Switzerland will have to play against in the play-off

Quote:
It's nice in a way, but just these newspapers :
But we all know how the media works

Quote:
Anyway, I read a very complete article about all which happened about these interviews and Fed was very clumsy indeed :

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...n-translation/

he always wants to stay positive about his game, which I understand, but then he can't say publicly a more "objective" judgment about Stan's game. Also because I think that Stan puts a lot of pressure on himself in Davis cup and the priority for him should be to release that pressure.
When I was in Switzerland I saw a short interview with Roger on TV where I couldn't notice anything negative about Stan and therefore I was very surprised when I came back from Rotterdam and read about the "problems".

People really make a mountain out of a molehil sometimes, especially when analyzing each word in an interview.

As if the loss of the Swiss team wasn't enough they had to made a story about problems in the team

Quote:
I just hope his relationships with Stan are OK
Stan also knows how the media works and so I think there's nothing wrong in the friendship between him and Roger

Quote:
on sunday, it was little Alexia's second birthday then Stan had a very very good reason to be missing of course as usual the very discreet Stan didn't say anything about that
I was surprised that Stan wasn't around on Sunday but then someone told me that it would be Alexia's birthday.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #70
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute

Switzerland has to go to the Netherlands to play for a place in the 2013 WG!

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote