Davis Cup 2014: " We will miss David Nalbandian" - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #16
country flag HuaTuo

HuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David in Davis Cup matches, Buenos Aires, Argentina April 6-8, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Today David with his partner E. Schwank could win an epic match vs M. Cilic, I. Karlovic
Last set in tiebreaks 8-6 vs Croatian giants!!!
D. Nalbandian
E. Schwank 3 7 6 6 8
M. Cilic
I. Karlovic 6 6 3 7 6

Argentina vs Croatia 2-1
IMO,it was a long set,not TB

Federer aus der Schweiz; Haas aus Deutschland; Melzer aus Österreich
alle Spieler, die Deutsch als Muttersprache sprechen
HuaTuo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
country flag HuaTuo

HuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but if not- David has to beat Croatian GIANT Ivo
David is too tired,if there be the deciding rubber,Pico will replace David IMO

Federer aus der Schweiz; Haas aus Deutschland; Melzer aus Österreich
alle Spieler, die Deutsch als Muttersprache sprechen
HuaTuo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #18
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Not just in your opinion. Martin Jaite planned it like that from the start.
It's just that at the draw ceremony, only two singles players are named.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Time schedule (CET: Paris/Amsterdam/Berlin) for matches

15:30 Del Potro - Cilic (Argentina - Croatia)

18:00 Nalbandian - Karlovic (Argentina - Croatia)
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuaTuo View Post
IMO,it was a long set,not TB
i forgotten to correct it,
but I knew you will do it for me

nice to see you in the forum again
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #21
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Time schedule (CET: Paris/Amsterdam/Berlin) for matches

15:30 Del Potro - Cilic (Argentina - Croatia)

18:00 Nalbandian - Karlovic (Argentina - Croatia)
Watch it on live:

http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
country flag Stephan

Between allergy and back Delpo Monaco
The Tower of Tandil continuing health problems, but still is today before Cilic, in case of a fifth point, Pico will play and will be infiltrated
April 8, 2012 - 00:34

Once defined the doubles point for Argentina, the attention turned to the local costume, trying to know the status of the players today albiceleste seek passage to the semifinals of Davis Cup: Juan Martin del Potro and Juan Monaco, provided it is necessary to dispute the fifth and final point. The biggest question revolved around the number 10 in the world, from the Thursday night suffering from a flu-like, allergy eyes and vomiting. However, Del Potro will play today the fourth point against Marin Cilic.

The Tower of Tandil stepped on the court yesterday with his teammates during the announcement of the equipment and prepared to observe the doubles from the side, with head and neck covered by a towel, with the intention that the sun does not affect him, Delpo endured recently and went to the locker room. There followed the game on TV, until he decided to train for an hour with his coach, Franco Davin, one of the auxiliary fields Rock Park. Over the afternoon, allergy affect your eyes again Del Potro and the team doctor, Michael Khoury, examined. But just as a precaution.

"John Martin had dinner last night [on Monday night] with us at the hotel and then left to rest in his room. His eyes were a little swollen as it continues to affect allergy, but it will be fine to play with Cilic, I have doubts. Beyond that John Martin is not one hundred percent, we need it. their presence is very important, "said Captain Martin Jaite albiceleste.

If the series had to be defined in the fifth point, Jaite maintain its initial strategy: Pico Monaco will be responsible for representing Argentina against Karlovic and Nalbandian, although the Cordoba yesterday insisted be in good physical condition beyond have played about ten hours over two days. "If necessary, you will play Pico" said Jaite, at a press conference, sitting about 30 inches Nalbandian, who remained serious.

Like the situation of Del Potro, the state of Monaco is not the best. The fan Estudiantes suffering back pain for several weeks, also suffered in the 1000 Miami Masters, which reached the semifinals, and if playing against Karlovic, Pico will be infiltrated. The Tandil not in the best conditions, but fit enough to try that Argentina gets a point and place to think about the semi-finals as elusive and coveted Davis Cup.

Exhausted, but still play
"I would be lying if I said I'm not tired after playing ten hours in two days, but will do my best to stay well. I know the level of Del Potro and that does not surprise me, but he is cooler than me and that could weigh" Marin Cilic said. Captain Croatian Zeljko Krajan, confirmed the presence of Cilic.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
country flag Stephan

Nalbandian: "I want to thank people, make us feel great"
After five hours of game, David was happy for the victory in the doubles and dedicated it to the fans, "The truth that was tremendous, the series is playing hardball," he added
The fatigue that had he looked in his eyes, but still continued. David Nalbandian, who played more than five hours yesterday and five today, was happy for the victory in the doubles and thanked the people who went to watch the game Rock Park. "I want to thank people, make us feel incredible," said David at the end of the match. "These are things memorable, thank you all," he said.

With respect to more than ten hours played yesterday and today, Nalbandian said he's not tired. "I'm fine, happy, and you have to keep playing," he said.

Referring to duel with Croatia, said: "All the series are different, this is complicated, very hard and we must continue fighting."

His partner in the doubles, Eduardo Schwank, followed the same line as David in the statements: "It cost a lot, was very difficult by the wind, but these games always what people earn 90% and today we won by 100% ".
Old 04-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
country flag Stephan

Del Potro easely won vs Cilic 6-1, 6-2, 6-1...
And Monaco then crushed substitute of Karlovic
So David did not play...

It can happen that Argentina will win Davis Cup without David Nalbandian...
what he will do?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #25
country flag Stephan

It seems David again is skiping number of tournaments:
He is not in the list of
1.) Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters
April 16-22, Monte-Carlo, Monaco
2.) Barcelona Open
April 23-29, Barcelona, Spain
3.) Estoril Open
April 30-May 6, Estoril, Portugal

But he is in the list of
1) Serbia Open
April 30-May 6, Belgrade, Serbia
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

He's lighly injured (left adductor) but plans to play Belgrade, Madrid, Roma and RG if his body allows him to play...wait and see
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #27
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
He's lighly injured (left adductor) but plans to play Belgrade, Madrid, Roma and RG if his body allows him to play...wait and see
i think he is switched from Estoril Open
to Serbia because of Del Potro will play in Estoril...
they're trying to make minimum of meetings?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #28
country flag Stephan

Juan Monaco: "We will miss David Nalbandian"

NEWS ARTICLE 17 January 2014

Photo: David Nalbandian & Juan Monaco (ARG)

Argentina will start its 2014 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas campaign in the knowledge that for the first time in over a decade David Nalbandian will play no part for his country.
The talismanic Argentine retired at the end of last year and it's safe to say he will be missed by his Davis Cup team-mates.
Juan Monaco, who will have to step up and lead the team in Nalbandian's absence, is well aware of the impact that not having the man from Cordoba will have this year.
"He played every tie that I was there," said Monaco. "He had a great record playing Davis Cup. For us he was very important, he's a guy with huge experience, so we're going to miss him for sure a lot."
Argentina will not only be without Nalbandian - whose 39 wins for the South American side in Davis Cup is second only to Guillermo Vilas' 57 - but they will also be missing Juan Martin del Potro, who declared himself unavailable until later in the year.
Monaco fully understands that his team face a very difficult first round opponent in Italy.
The Argentine said: "They have big players like Fognini, he had a great year last year, and Seppi also is a very complete player. They have a very good doubles also so every point is going to be 50-50.
"We have a little advantage playing at home, we have a good record playing at home, especially we’re close to my home town, so for me it’s going to give me a new enthusiasm. It’s going to be a difficult tie but we're happy to play again at home."
When asked if Nalbandian would be making an appearance at the first round clash against Italy, Monaco added: "He could be, because Mar Del Plata is a nice city, you have a beach there, nice restaurants so i think we have to invite him to give some tips and advice!"
Regardless of the fact that Argentina is depleted without two of its best players in recent years, Monaco doesn't think his team should be written off.
"Last year we didn’t have Del Potro and also Nalbandian for the last tie and we made the semifinals - it’s a huge result for us. There are many teams with great Federations behind them and they couldn’t win the first tie and we made the semifinals with a humble team. That brings big confidence for us."
Argentina is trying to preserve a fantastic record of always winning its first round tie since returning to the World Group in 2002 and although it's going to be difficult the home crowd could be just as important as having a full-strength team.
They support the Davis Cup like a soccer match," Monaco said. "We live the same way. For us is very important playing beinhd a big crowd. I enjoy it a lot."
Monaco and the crowd will presumably enjoy it a whole lot more if the South Americans win.
Argentina and Italy go head-to-head on 31 January-2 February.

Read more at http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/1661...QOBLGxd8eP1.99

Last edited by Stephan : 01-23-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #29
country flag Stephan

Default Re: Davis Cup 2014: " We will miss David Nalbandian"

David Nalbandian Davis lived next to the Argentine bank and was cheered
The former reached the stage of Mar del Plata and I was honored by the great fans, I watched the game behind Lendl and equipment

Mar del Plata -. Andras Carlos Berlocq and Seppi played the first set. Suddenly the fans recognized him and broke the standing ovation at the skating rink in the seaside resort. David Nalbandian, with black hat and glasses, sat behind the Argentinean bench and in the stands down the applause.

David, junto a Yunis, entrenador de Berlocq. Foto: DyN

"Olé, olé, David, David," the song of the Argentine supporters when they recognized the idol of the Davis Cup in tennis. Nalbandian is the great symbol of Argentina in the tournament. He played 50 games with 39 wins and 11 losses, participated in the series last year to Germany and France, but could not play the semifinal against Czech Republic. He chose to be accompanying the team, with Schwank and Zeballos and behind Lendl Martin. He sat next to coach Berlocq Francisco Yunis.

Late last year announced that he was retiring after suffering several injuries. The latter, on the shoulder, definitely left it out of the courts ..

Last edited by Stephan : 02-01-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #30
country flag Stephan

Default Re: Davis Cup 2014: " We will miss David Nalbandian"

Jaite: "El punto del dobles es importante, pero no es definitivo"