Golf 2013 - Waiting for Augusta - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #196
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf 2012 - Waiting for Augusta

Competition is closer now with quality players from all around the world and especially with Tiger being less dominant in the majors.

Former major winners such as Els, Goosen, Harrington, Singh and Mickelson have struggled in recent years bar Mickelson obviously.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #197
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Had some hope Peter Hanson could secure Swedens first major but the putting wasn't that good and was some obvious distraction with all the hype around Mickelson. Still a decent round but neither him or Mickelson had a good a really good day. Meanwhile Oosthuizen buried that albatross and Bubba raised him game just to hang on.

Mickelson on the 4th hole was crazy. Why didn't he take a 1 stroke penalty and reset fromt he tee? Even if he got the ball out a few meters on the first try it's still harder to hit the green from there than from the tee. He could easily have escaped with a bogey if he played from the tee instead. Think his caddie should have made his case better because Mickelson got a little overconfident in his abilities there and the tripple bogey cost him dearly.

That's what makes golf exciting. Over 18 holes even most pro's can do a bad tee-shot to the woods/crowd or whatever. I can relate as an amateur having to recover from the woods wish I had Bubba Watsons options. Well-deserved winner in the end
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #198
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

ridiculous

a hillbilly winning the Masters

and what the hell was with all the crying, ffs
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #199
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
ridiculous

a hillbilly winning the Masters

and what the hell was with all the crying, ffs
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #200
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Had some hope Peter Hanson could secure Swedens first major but the putting wasn't that good and was some obvious distraction with all the hype around Mickelson. Still a decent round but neither him or Mickelson had a good a really good day. Meanwhile Oosthuizen buried that albatross and Bubba raised him game just to hang on.

Mickelson on the 4th hole was crazy. Why didn't he take a 1 stroke penalty and reset fromt he tee? Even if he got the ball out a few meters on the first try it's still harder to hit the green from there than from the tee. He could easily have escaped with a bogey if he played from the tee instead. Think his caddie should have made his case better because Mickelson got a little overconfident in his abilities there and the tripple bogey cost him dearly.

That's what makes golf exciting. Over 18 holes even most pro's can do a bad tee-shot to the woods/crowd or whatever. I can relate as an amateur having to recover from the woods wish I had Bubba Watsons options. Well-deserved winner in the end
Hanson is a very good player who was just uncomfortable with the situation.

His swing can get quick when under pressure which causes bad shots and puts pressure on his putting even more.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #201
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a golf fan (also freelancer for some brazilian web-sites) and after Augusta I started a golf blog in portuguese http://diariodogolfe.blogspot.com.br/ please take a little look

Golf is growing here due to olympics 2016

btw Who you think wins The Players? I'm with Kuchar or Curtis

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #202
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like this will be a tight US Open. Nobody even close to running away with anything.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #203
country flag Kolya

Very unpredictable, still a long way to go.

1 bad round can put you out of contention while a great round can put you back.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #204
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care who wins. There is just someone I don't want to win the Open (no name mentioned).

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #205
country flag Kolya

I really hope Colsaerts doesn't choke and continues to do well.

He is crazy long!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #206
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Tiger has this, maybe only Furyk wouldnt melt on Sunday with Woods up there on the l-board

Donald and Mcilroy

Westwood too far back at +5 unless he can shoot mid 60's which seems near impossible on this course.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #207
country flag Kolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Tiger has this, maybe only Furyk wouldnt melt on Sunday with Woods up there on the l-board

Donald and Mcilroy

Westwood too far back at +5 unless he can shoot mid 60's which seems near impossible on this course.
Donald doesn't have a good record at the US Open.

Short and inaccurate driving, you will never do well at the event.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #208
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Love the choice of course for the Open. I assume the greensmen will put the clowns' heads, windmills and little mazes back on the greens on Monday.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #209
country flag Kolya

Tiger who?
Old 06-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #210
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

This is so so unpredictable. One exceptionally good 65/66 round from anyone within 5 strokes can win this.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote