^*the Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo Picture & Cheering Thread*^ - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #91
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^*the Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo Picture & Cheering Thread*^

Well, Ruben's results haven't been getting much better. He's playing a challenger in Zagreb, Croatia next week, and plays a WC in R1. He has a great draw, he needs to take advantage and go deep.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #92
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Ruben lost in R1 of singles again, but did win the doubles title in Zagreb with Daniel Munoz De La Nava. His doubles results have been much better than his singles this season. Hopefully his doubles success will start translating in singles and it helps him gain confidence.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #93
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Roland Garros, Paris:

1st rnd against Marin Cilic (CRO)

Could have been a better draw, but as this is a Grand Slam, can't expect cupcakes... Let's hope for a decent result.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #94
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing result

(Photo by FFT)
Attached Images
File Type: png stats.png (23.4 KB, 6 views)
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2

Last edited by Tulipe : 05-22-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #95
country flag Tulipe

Found this on YouTube recently:

Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #96
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben qualified at both Vina Del Mar and Sao Paulo to start his season, but unfortunately got injured last week in Florianopolis challenger and is out the next few weeks. He should be back for some challengers in the attempt to make the French MD direct. He defends 39 points until the French cutoff; not a huge amount. He's about 1-2 big results away from the top 100 again. Hopefully he recovers from this latest injury and performs well in his upcoming events to make the top 100 again. He defends little until the 2nd half of the season so he has every opportunity to rise up the ranks.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #97
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben is playing this week in Baranquilla, Colombia, vs a qualifier in R1. He has a great opportunity there to go deep in the draw and pick up a lot of points to help him reach the top 100 by the time the French Open cutoff is released. He will be playing several South American challengers these next weeks so hopefully he has big performances in all of them and regains a top 100 spot. GL in Colombia, Ruben!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #98
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben defeated the qualifier Stadler 6-2 6-4 in the first round but lost in R2 to Alund 3-6 2-6. His service numbers were very poor in both matches, so hopefully he turns that around as he gains his rhythm back from not having played matches in a while.

He is in the doubles SF with Zeballos as the #1 seeds and they will be playing Monroe/Sykut for a place in the finals. Hopefully he wins the doubles and it gives him confidence in singles in future events.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:29 AM   #99
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben and Zeballos lost 8-10 in the final set tiebreaker in the doubles final in Barranquilla to Monroe/Sykut. So his tournament in Colombia is over. Next stop: San Luis Potosi.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #100
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben plays a qualifier in the first round of San Luis Potosi.

It's a very winnable tournament so hopefully Ruben can get the job done and take the title!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #101
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben defeated the qualifier Echazu 6-1 6-0.

He plays another qualifier, Andrej Martin, as the fourth match on the center court Wednesday. Great opportunity for another quick victory for Ruben, and hopefully he takes advantage.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #102
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

6-2 3-6 6-2 victory over Martin in the second round. He played his best at the start and end of the match, hopefully he uses the positive momentum from the end and transfers that to his QF match.

Ruben plays Clezar tomorrow in the QF. Hopefully he can make it through to his first SF of the season!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #103
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben won 6-2 4-6 6-1 over Clezar. He played better than he did in his last match, which is what is most important. He plays Velotti in the SF. Velotti is coming off a nearly three hour match so Ruben should be able to take advantage and win. Hopefully he can grab a spot in the finals!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #104
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben is also in the doubles SF with Decoud defeating Borvanov/Zivkovic 6-3 4-6 10-6 in R2. They play Monroe/Stadler for a spot in the finals. GL to Ruben and Sebastian, double titles in Mexico would be awesome!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #105
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Ruben won the singles title in San Luis Potosi!! In the SF he defeated Velotti 6-2 5-7 6-4 in over 3 hours. He was up 6-2 5-2, so he really should have won easier. But he found a way to hang in mentally and win the match, outlasting the Argentine who was cramping at the end.

In the finals, Ruben defeated Lorenzi 3-6 6-3 6-4 in 2 hours and 42 minutes to take the title! He played his best tennis of the week after falling behind 1-5 in the first set. Such an amazing performance from Ruben with over 8 hours spent on court the past three days of competition! After he won he put the racquet and his hat to the ground, looked up to the skies and put his hands to his head in relief He fought so hard for this title and really saved his best for last.

With this title, Ruben will be ranked #106 in the provisional rankings on Monday. He's getting close to sealing his participation at the French Open and with a couple of wins this upcoming week in the Pereira challenger in Colombia, it would be secure. Who would have thought when he was losing challenger R1s this time last year that Ruben would have a career resurgence once again? He's a fighter and has earned everything he's done in tennis throughout the years