Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 AM   #31
country flag david_is_not_fat
Registered User
 
david_is_not_fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Telmo
Age: 23
Posts: 224
david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
what i know, and i'm sure:
David retire - i retire from forum too...


unfortunately there will be no players like Andre and David, or even like Pete, and Scud, in common future whom i could support
Don't retire, let's enjoy David's momments

By the way, i'm a dreamer too ´(add to that i'm from Argentina)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Yeah, and that sucks for his Argentine fans...
You're so right in that one. It's like... he does it on purpose, to keep alive the hatred of the haters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Though he's scheduled to play that exho against Federer in December.
Yes! and CAN'T WAIT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Anyway, for me, the only thing that matters is that Delpo can help David win DC.
Same here.
__________________
"We can't always agree on everything."
RF
david_is_not_fat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #32
country flag Stephan
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,029
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Yes, Del po lost to Ferrer last night in Miami...
may be he will contribute to DC play
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #33
country flag Joolz
Registered User
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In this twilight
Posts: 685
Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Yes, Del po lost to Ferrer last night in Miami...
may be he will contribute to DC play
Of course he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_is_not_fat View Post
You're so right in that one. It's like... he does it on purpose, to keep alive the hatred of the haters.
Well, he doesn't play the Golden Swing so he also doesn't play the Copa Claro. But I don't understand why he has never played the Copa Argentina.

Quote:
Yes! and CAN'T WAIT.
I was hoping that Fed would play against David. And at first it looked like this would be the case. I mean, with Fed's and David's history... Would've been really nice.

Quote:
Same here.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
country flag Stephan
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,029
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Of course he will.


i searched news on Dave and found an interview in your site...

He says there, because he is 30 - that is why cannot get a GS anymore. he thinks Federer, Murray, Djokovic and Nadal will not give him that chance...


David is forgotten that Federer is also 30!, Federer still is searching those chances, working for it... :
Yes, my favorite player Agassi, he won 4 GSs after 29, and almost was close to one more in the end...

I think, man has just to wish it first of all, to try go for it, to make more fitness exercices, etc, etc...(if he is talanted professional tennis player) and it can come one day

Yes, David was close to beat Nadal in last match ...
and i still cannot understand what happens already third time: David is almost beating Nadal, but fails in the end...
similar behaviour i remember in French Open vs. G. Gaudio and in 2003 in US Open vs. Roddick...

mentality problems?
i afraid i'm right
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
country flag Joolz
Registered User
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In this twilight
Posts: 685
Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

What's the big difference between David and Federer - I mean, apart from 16 Slams?
Federer has never suffered any serious injury while David has had three surgeries, including hip surgery.
No player has ever won a Slam after undergoing that sort of operation. And for enough players, it meant the end of their career (e.g. Guga Kuerten).

David has worked really, really hard to get back on track again, after hip surgery, after the double hernia/adductor surgery last year, and all the muscular injuries he suffered during the last two seasons.
By now, he's finally able to train and play regularly again. And that's what matters, even if it's not enough to beat for example Nadal.
But the days when David could simply go and beat anybody on a good day are over.
And those victories he has had over Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray have one thing in common - they all date back to the days before hip surgery.

And yet, after all he's been through he's still around now and he still has the chance to win the one title he has always wanted to win.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
country flag david_is_not_fat
Registered User
 
david_is_not_fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Telmo
Age: 23
Posts: 224
david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Well, he doesn't play the Golden Swing so he also doesn't play the Copa Claro. But I don't understand why he has never played the Copa Argentina.
I know... I thought he had played once... but looking at the Copa Peugeot Argentina web, he doesn't appear xD


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
I was hoping that Fed would play against David. And at first it looked like this would be the case. I mean, with Fed's and David's history... Would've been really nice.
The first opponent was David (if i remember right) but now Delpo, wich is ok but no . Anyway RF is the one who only matter.
__________________
"We can't always agree on everything."
RF
david_is_not_fat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #37
country flag Stephan
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,029
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
What's the big difference between David and Federer - I mean, apart from 16 Slams?
Federer has never suffered any serious injury while David has had three surgeries, including hip surgery.
No player has ever won a Slam after undergoing that sort of operation. And for enough players, it meant the end of their career (e.g. Guga Kuerten).

David has worked really, really hard to get back on track again, after hip surgery, after the double hernia/adductor surgery last year, and all the muscular injuries he suffered during the last two seasons.
By now, he's finally able to train and play regularly again. And that's what matters, even if it's not enough to beat for example Nadal.
But the days when David could simply go and beat anybody on a good day are over.
And those victories he has had over Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray have one thing in common - they all date back to the days before hip surgery.

And yet, after all he's been through he's still around now and he still has the chance to win the one title he has always wanted to win.
David was not injured in 2002 in Wimbledon,...
OK he was just too young however Hewitt was also young?
And in 2003 vs Roddick in US Open and in 2004 vs Gaudio?
those three most close to win a GS situations...
He should win those matches


David has to be more strong mentally, more stable...
(he was strong couple of times,- in 2005 and in 2007 for example;
yes it was already 100 years ago...)
has to believe himself..and it will help him in other aspects...
then he can beat every one...

Who can transfer my words to him?

by the way, does he have a coach at this moment,
who is his trainer? Murray used experience of Ivan Lendl,
may be David also can ask for help of some good coach?
this year is his last chance to do something in tennis...
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #38
country flag Joolz
Registered User
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In this twilight
Posts: 685
Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_is_not_fat View Post
I know... I thought he had played once... but looking at the Copa Peugeot Argentina web, he doesn't appear xD
Yeah, that's right - and strange, at least as far as I'm concerned. Also because for my part, I really like the Copa Argentina.

Quote:
The first opponent was David (if i remember right) but now Delpo, wich is ok but no . Anyway RF is the one who only matter.
I think that initially, it was supposed to be David, yeah. No idea why that changed. Anyway - I'm sure you'll enjoy Federer's visit to Argentina.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
David was not injured in 2002 in Wimbledon,...
OK he was just too young however Hewitt was also young?
And in 2003 vs Roddick in US Open and in 2004 vs Gaudio?
those three most close to win a GS situations...
He should win those matches
You can't change what happened in the past. And that's why I don't see any point in lamenting past losses or missed opportunities.
(But just for the record, Hewitt was #1 in the world at the time and had already won a Slam.)

Quote:
David has to be more strong mentally, more stable...
(he was strong couple of times,- in 2005 and in 2007 for example;
yes it was already 100 years ago...)
has to believe himself..and it will help him in other aspects...
then he can beat every one...
Sorry, but did you actually read anything I wrote in my post that you quoted?
It's just that I don't think I can be much clearer than that... Well, I'll try.
You need a functioning body to play tennis.
And that is much more David's problem than anything else.
But if you don't believe me, or David himself, then take a look at other players who had hip surgery.
Lleyton Hewitt, Fernando Gonzalez, Tommy Haas... You think their problem also is that they're not strong enough, mentally?

Quote:
by the way, does he have a coach at this moment,
who is his trainer? Murray used experience of Ivan Lendl,
may be David also can ask for help of some good coach?
this year is his last chance to do something in tennis...
No, he doesn't have a coach at the moment. He occasionally works with different coaches but he doesn't have a fixed one.
And whether it's his last chance to do something depends on how you define "do something".
I'll be happy enough to see him go on playing for as long as he can and stills wants to.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #39
country flag Stephan
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,029
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

you are skiping what i wrote:
David was not injured during all his career!

but always (or very often) has same behaviour:
he lost important matches to those guys who was stronger
mentally at that concrete moment...
besides Nadal and Hewitt, also to Baghdatis, Wavrinka, Isner, etc, etc...

and i find that playing so long without coach is not normal ...furthermore, if he (or every player) wanted to achieve good results, he should have two of them (earlier he had too): for fitness and for "tennis" itself
yes, it is his own busines, but David shows how serious he is...

nobody want/can force him to do in the end of his career those things: great wins, etc... that he never could do in his whole tennis life...

and i wish him just to get easely that what he wants himself,
and more good luck, no injuries and dramas
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,262
nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

True Stephan : David was not injured all along his carrer but he was wrist injured whane he played his semi vs Roddick (USO 2003) he has a coastal injury when he played his semi vs Gaudio (RG 2004) and he had an abdo strain when he played his semi vs Baghdatis (AO 2006)...so even if he had won those matches, he would have W/O the day of the final so he was far away to win a GS but who cares ? I prefer David to Gaudio, Johansson, Delpony or Ivanisevic...who all won a GS by fluke !!!
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #41
country flag Joolz
Registered User
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In this twilight
Posts: 685
Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
you are skiping what i wrote:
David was not injured during all his career!

but always (or very often) has same behaviour:
he lost important matches to those guys who was stronger
mentally at that concrete moment...
besides Nadal and Hewitt, also to Baghdatis, Wavrinka, Isner, etc, etc...
So you're basically saying - nothing has changed during the last three years. David is still the same he always was and he still loses matches like that because he doesn't believe in himself.

I'm saying - an awful lot has changed during the last three years. He's no longer as fit and physically strong as he used to be. There simply are physical limits to what he's able to do at this stage of his career. And that makes things more difficult for him, including believing himself.

I mean, I've tried my best to explain the situation as it is now. And why it's that way. And what having hip surgery has done to other players and their careers.
If you prefer to pretend that these things never happened, that they have no effect on David and that only his mentality is to blame - well... If it makes you happy.
I mean, I can understand the appeal of looking at it that way. Because it would mean that anything is still possible and it's all just up to David. But unfortunately, it's not that simple.

Quote:
and i find that playing so long without coach is not normal ...furthermore, if he (or every player) wanted to achieve good results, he should have two of them (earlier he had too): for fitness and for "tennis" itself
He has three people, who are in charge of his physical health and fitness. They've been with him for many years.

Quote:
yes, it is his own busines, but David shows how serious he is...
Don't you think that if he wasn't serious about tennis he could've simply quit? And a couple of times by now? But no, he fought his way through those very difficult years.
I can't think of any better way of proving that he still takes tennis very seriously.

Quote:
nobody want/can force him to do in the end of his career those things: great wins, etc... that he never could do in his whole tennis life...
He's had some great wins in his tennis life. And the biggest one is hopefully still to come.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #42
country flag Stephan
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,029
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post


He has three people, who are in charge of his physical health and fitness. They've been with him for many years.
that was may be the problem, may be he should change trainers?
like others do (Federer, Agassi Murray, Roddick)?...take for example Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi (my dream ), Jim Courier, Willas, ... unfortunately they will not do, they will not believe him that he really will fight

Quote:
Don't you think that if he wasn't serious about tennis he could've simply quit? And a couple of times by now? But no, he fought his way through those very difficult years.
I can't think of any better way of proving that he still takes tennis very seriously.
sometimes it looks like he does obligatory rutine job, i thought he just do tennis for contract periode for Yonex, but it was not true...
he really wants "to try to win" DC or Olympics for Argentina i think...

Quote:
He's had some great wins in his tennis life. And the biggest one is hopefully still to come.
i like his tennis very much no problem he did not win GS
If some one doesnot know, He could win Masters Cup in 2005

i fill it in same way like he,.. and get all emotions like David does... really
yes, if "me were in the tennis court" instead of him, i would do everything like Dave does, all those his mistakes and unforced errors, all those unneccessary sometimes (but very nice) dropshots, and bad serves, ... only i would just try to win something big for him


no time for more serious letter, may be later ...
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
country flag Joolz
Registered User
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In this twilight
Posts: 685
Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
that was may be the problem, may be he should change trainers?
like others do (Federer, Agassi Murray, Roddick)?...take for example Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi (my dream ), Jim Courier, Willas, ... unfortunately they will not do, they will not believe him that he really will fight
I've explained to you what the problem is. I've explained it a number of times now...
You're determined to ignore it. And obviously nothing I (or David himself, for that matter) could possibly say can do anything to change that.

Quote:
sometimes it looks like he does obligatory rutine job, i thought he just do tennis for contract periode for Yonex, but it was not true...
And with other players that never happens? Tennis is their job. And as with all jobs there are good days and bad days.

Quote:
If some one doesnot know, He could win Masters Cup in 2005
You were the one who said he could "never get any great wins in his whole tennis life"...
And I think Madrid and Paris 2007 qualify as great wins, too.

I don't think there's anything more for me to say. I could only repeat myself again and again and I don't really see the point of going in circles.
As I've said before, I can understand why you want to see things that way. But I also think that the reality of it is very different.
So I'll just leave you to it.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:07 AM   #44
country flag Stephan
Registered User
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,029
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

yes, why you are repeating so many times same things so long?
your simple idea is: "accept him as he is", it was clear for every one

i think fans of tennis player have to support him (every one has his own way, it can be stadium or internet...), show that he is not alone, show that he is always wanted... make him happy on the court when he is producing his so beautiful tennis play...
say him good words in spanish, english, armenian, etc (he told in Armenia, how important for him was when he could hear just one single supporting armenian voice in stadium... )
fans can wish him better achievements, wish him good luck, lot of wins, even if it is almost impossible...wish him lot of glorious matches, give him your (virtual) energy... share that positive energy with other fans...
why not?, he is their "gladiator" (i consider tennis as a fighting type of sport, and it really is...)

otherwise you can be just as his "biography writer", the information collector,...as some kind of loser,
you will just follow him as a "shadow", nothing more...
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #45
country flag Joolz
Registered User
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In this twilight
Posts: 685
Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalby will retire at the end of 2012 ?

I'm aware that it's more difficult now for him to do well than it was in the past.
That doesn't mean I don't want him to do well.

Accepting him as he is now, instead of ignoring reality - that's being a fan.
Also seeing the human being and not just the "gladiator".

Do you really think I'd be keeping my blog if I was just a neutral chronicler of events?
It would be far too much work, if my heart wasn't in it.

As I've said before, we have very different ways of seeing things and of being a fan.
And another difference between us is that I've tried to keep this discussion on a respectful level...
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios