Rhyne Williams - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #16
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rhyne Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Has anyone here seen Rhyne play? He's only 16 (born on 3-22-1991) and the 10th ranked junior player in the world.

More impressive than that however, is that Rhyne is in the final of USA F16 Futures this week.

Hope to see Rhyne continue to get solid results on the pro tour.
I have seen him play only on the grainy live feed that they had at the NCAAs a couple months ago. His forehand is really really good. He hits it with a bit of a whiplash motion in a way that reminds me a bit of the way Rios hit his forehand. His backhand is fine, and I actually don't think he gives it quite enough credit. He is constantly running around it when I don't know that he necessarily needs to do that, but who the heck am I? I've actually heard him (or just seen the quote) say in an interview that he is at his best when he is moving his opponent around the court with his forehand...that that's his game.

He's got a big serve and he moves well. He is definitely reluctant to move forward to the net. I would say a little bit too reluctant.

The biggest knock on him -- and I would agree with this -- is that he is a bit streaky. Or at least unable to sustain his best tennis for as long as maybe you would like. I don't know him personally or anything, so I don't know if that is a byproduct of focus or fitness, but I definitely saw it in the final of the NCAAs. He was working Steve Johns over pretty good in the first set, and really appeared to be the better player. And then Johnson worked him over in the last two sets.

Rhyne has got some nice wins under his belt, though. And now that he is a pro, I hope to see him get a bunch more.

Full disclosure: I'm a Tennessee grad. So I'm definitely rooting for him.
kidbourbon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #17
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

I saw him in person when Tennessee played Baylor in 2010. He beat Atila Bucko that day 6-3 6-2. I was watching the JP Smith vs Lukacs match at the time.

Rhyne has been having some good results lately. Right now he is playing better than Shabaz,Kosakowski or Sandgren

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #18
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Rhyne qualified for Indian Wells and he will make his ATP level debut.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #19
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Great job and good luck
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

He lost to Gil (LL) in 3 sets Wasted such a big chance.

Serenus
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, he will get more chances in the near future.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #22
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hopefully, he can gain valuable lessons from the Davis Cup experience (practice partner along with Kudla and Krajicek).
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Mike Bryan‏@Bryanbrothers

Big thanks to the practice boys this week. Definitely sharpened us up for France. Follow twit newbie @rhynewilliams. http://pic.twitter.com/twFkLhaI

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #25
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

WC into Sarasota Challenger

Will play Gabashvili in the first round: Draw

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Q against Zavala 1st round in Savannah (draw)

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Through to the maindraw and will play Alex Bogdanovic in the lst round.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #28
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Won 4&2

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

76(4) 75 over Yani, will play the winner of Sweeting and Van Der Merwe in the 1/8.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lost 1&4 to Sweeting. Still a good week.

Rhyne's Picture Thread