Winter/Spring Hardcourt Season 2012 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #106
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter/Spring Hardcourt Season 2012

He would not have say this few years ago now he prefers to be in a good place or in France.

He picks Dan Evans for his first round not so easy. Evans made improvements this year he beats Dancevic took a set to GGL. The match is scheduled late in the evening so it can be tricky. Arno will also play double with Dlouhy.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #107
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

i've just discovered that the atp/wta live scores app provides same info for challengers. now it's so easy to keep up! don't know why though, the arno/evans match does not have a score and it must be too late for a match to start now.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #108
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

46/46 The match must have started after 10 pm with the long matches before according the scoreboard

Arno was so happy to come in Le Gosier more than in Miami but fall again in round 1 . Dan Evan write on his twitter that it was great evening of tennis and good fun and his coach write Its good to see @Evo151216 got the win against A Clément in Guadaloupe ☺ 64 64 first R great level great experience . A bit more every day☺ and Ifound on facebook that there were not many faults during set 2 so it seems Evens played good tennis. Not fun for Arno who was motivated but not enough game for the win. Now he will have to leave the paradise to come back in Paris unless they made good run in doubles but it's even more unpredictable

Anyway he can't play two good tournaments in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
please post any news of his clay plans
Wait the grass unfortunately he surely the opportunity to make the cut for Wimbledon. He was hoping to play MC qualies but he's only 11 ALT so no idea when he will play first on clay. And for RG WC or not
Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #109
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Really disappointing result, because if he had a big result here, he would have put himself in an extremely good position and been close to assuring a spot in Wimbledon and he would be near the top 100. In any case, if he can get some good results on grass before Wimbledon, there is a decent shot he'll get a WC for his previous results there. What makes me sad is he sounded so energized and motivated from Miami and in a few days he loses R1, it's like all his hopes were deflated

Hopefully he doesn't allow this loss to impact him much and he can continue playing decent tennis.........on the grass at least

If Benoit and Adrian can get into the top 100 by the RG cutoff, I don't see any way Arno doesn't get a WC into the French
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #110
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
What makes me sad is he sounded so energized and motivated from Miami and in a few days he loses R1, it's like all his hopes were deflated
The same He was so happy about his level and always wants to do well in french tournament and he gets a bad loss

Quote:
Hopefully he doesn't allow this loss to impact him much and he can continue playing decent tennis.........on the grass at least
Yes but we have clay now

Quote:
If Benoit and Adrian can get into the top 100 by the RG cutoff, I don't see any way Arno doesn't get a WC into the French
For Benoit I'm pretty sure it will be OK Adrian needs a good run before the 16 of april. Arno got one last year and we know that if they give him a WC this year it's more for his name and last RG

There is a maximum of 6 WC for french guys. I think Paulo will not used his PR and have the WC that's sure the question is only about the fact he uses or not his PR not about the WC indeed.
Then guys who would need a WC Mannarino = I'm giving him one, Prodon = FFT don't care about him I think, Robert = well for Berdych win last year ?, Serra = yes he's training at FFT and need one, Rufin = of course he gets one, DeSchepper = average year for the moment, Gicquel = maybe his last RG a WC as a gift , Gensse = now trains at FFT and clay player qualifies last year, Texeira Ouanna Olivetti and many others.

I think we have to wait a bit to see how the clay season is if some guys do well but as usual not easy to tell who deserve a WC
Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #111
country flag soulage

Video with some extract of the match by FFT http://www.fft.fr/actualites/tennis-...ment-la-trappe and it seems that indeed Evans made a great match at the end at the net Arno says to him good match. Young guys are motivated by beating Arno like Schoorel who did his best match in Cherbourg against Arno. They don't respect old people

Well bad luck for Arno.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #112
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Schoorel that he's so tall, I can't reach his face to slap him for not respecting my dear Arnaud. No, I'm joking.
I can imagine they are motivated. I hope for Arnaud that he will get his level from Miami back and has some luck with the wildcards.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #113
country flag soulage

They won in doubles against Duclos and Pospisil while Pospisil retired early in single due to fatigue Sometimes the rules are strange. Next round more tough but more days in Guadeloupe to make tourisme and petanque

According l'equipe Julien Jeanpierre will be again the sparring of Azarenka for clay season from 2 to 20 april in monte carlo. Maybe Arno will spend some days there to train well I think he will rather train in RG and Geneva with the others guys who help him than with Azarenka
Old 03-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #114
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Yes but we have clay now
Yeah, I intentionally didn't bring it up

But hopefully he can surprise us all and perform well on the red stuff

Quote:
For Benoit I'm pretty sure it will be OK Adrian needs a good run before the 16 of april. Arno got one last year and we know that if they give him a WC this year it's more for his name and last RG

There is a maximum of 6 WC for french guys. I think Paulo will not used his PR and have the WC that's sure the question is only about the fact he uses or not his PR not about the WC indeed.
Then guys who would need a WC Mannarino = I'm giving him one, Prodon = FFT don't care about him I think, Robert = well for Berdych win last year ?, Serra = yes he's training at FFT and need one, Rufin = of course he gets one, DeSchepper = average year for the moment, Gicquel = maybe his last RG a WC as a gift , Gensse = now trains at FFT and clay player qualifies last year, Texeira Ouanna Olivetti and many others.

I think we have to wait a bit to see how the clay season is if some guys do well but as usual not easy to tell who deserve a WC
The cutoff comes on April 23 this season, so luckily Adrian has an extra week than he normally would. Paulo definitely will get a WC and not use his PR. Rufin will get one, and Ouanna will probably get one as of right now since he's the one having the best results of all of the lower-ranked Frenchman and he's had good performances there in the past.

The rest are toss-ups. Arno is more likely to get one than any of the other veterans (Robert, Prodon, Gicquel, Serra) and the unproven youngsters (DeSchepper, Olivetti). His results overall are the best of all these players so far this season and FFT has consistently been there for him in terms of wildcards. But as you said, we have to see how the clay season works out before making final statements.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #115
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

The cutoff is April 23rd because there is an extra week in April this year

23rd, 30th, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th (May 28th, the start of the French)

So this season players have an extra week than others seasons. Hopefully Arno and some fellow Frenchies take advantage of this!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #116
country flag soulage

Quote:
The cutoff is April 23rd because there is an extra week in April this year

23rd, 30th, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th (May 28th, the start of the French)

So this season players have an extra week than others seasons. Hopefully Arno and some fellow Frenchies take advantage of this!
I don't understand why you count 5 weeks . Next monday is the cut for Rome. The 9th of april the cut for Nice and the 16th the cut for RG.

ERV is leading against Dan Evans 4-1. These boys all did their best against Arno and fall after
Old 03-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #117
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I guess you're right I thought it was 6 weeks from the start of the French to the cutoff in April. The 23rd of April to the 28th of May is six weeks But I probably should have said nothing as to not cause confusion

ERV has been bad for Arno in the past so maybe he losing in first round simply meant his H2H vs Doud wouldn't become worse