Greatest Match Fix I've Ever Experienced - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
country flag desigundah

desigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond reputedesigundah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Greatest Match Fix I've Ever Experienced

I am a big time loser when it comes to betting tennis. I've been playing, probably about half the entire tennis season on and off the last 4˝ years. I've taken some vicious lumps mainly, of course, on betting large favorites.

I'm a firm believer that American sports such as the NBA, NFL and MLB are not rigged. Betting is a multi million dollar industry, but those sports are a multi BILLION dollar industry hence I don't think theres cheating involved. I'm not sold on collegiate sports or cricket and tennis, however.

The most blatant match fixing I experienced was in late 2010 when Tipsarevic was defending his Moscow runner up appearance against Horacio Zeballos. As I stated above, I took a beating betting heavy favorite but never learned my lesson. Tipsarevic opened at 1.3, and I bet him at this price. I bet this at 2 AM eastern standard time in the US and the match was scheduled for 5 AM. I kept looking at the odds, for whatever reason, and saw them steadily move in the favor of Zeballos. Before match time, and this is NOT a misprint, Tipsarevic went from 1.3 at 2 AM to 2.2 at 5 AM!!!

The match began and both guys held serve. I didn't really know what to expect. I knew something was up with the line move but both guys looked fine. Tipsarevic did his work and at 5-4* he broke to take the first set. The odds in the first set were pretty much 1.9ish throughout. After Tipsarevic won the first set, I thought I was in a good place and that I would escape this mysterious line move. After the set, I expected to see the Serb return to atleast 1.35 territory. Well to my surprise, the price stayed at 1.9!!!! Tipsarevic lost the second set 6-4 and the price fell to, and again this is not a mistake, Zeballos 1.1!!!!!! Tipsarevic proceeded to lose the match 6-4 4-6 3-6.

I still to this day have not seeked an explanation for this mostly because I lost so much on this match (again, sounds foolish to lose so much in an early round ATP 250 tourney with such a heavy favorite but I am a degenerate gambler) and didn't really want to think about it but it made me sick. This though really convinced me that there is heavy match fixing in tennis. Is there an explanation for anything like this??? Tipsarevic didn't call the trainer once and looked great physically. Zeballos is now ranked 113 in the world and has not qualified to play in 3 out of the last 5 grand slams.

Still to this day, this match result blows my mind. After the result, Tipsarevic posted on his twitter, "Always play like shit when I have points to defend!". Its still there, you can look it up. Janko of course ended up winning Moscow a few months ago.
desigundah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greatest Match Fix I've Ever Experienced

Nice write up mate, nothing new though dolgopolov fixed a few matches last year along with quite a few others, it does seem to be reducing from a few years back though, fixes all the time then, obvious ones aswell if you followed the match on betfair.
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greatest Match Fix I've Ever Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigundah View Post
I am a big time loser when it comes to betting tennis. I've been playing, probably about half the entire tennis season on and off the last 4˝ years. I've taken some vicious lumps mainly, of course, on betting large favorites.

I'm a firm believer that American sports such as the NBA, NFL and MLB are not rigged. Betting is a multi million dollar industry, but those sports are a multi BILLION dollar industry hence I don't think theres cheating involved. I'm not sold on collegiate sports or cricket and tennis, however.

The most blatant match fixing I experienced was in late 2010 when Tipsarevic was defending his Moscow runner up appearance against Horacio Zeballos. As I stated above, I took a beating betting heavy favorite but never learned my lesson. Tipsarevic opened at 1.3, and I bet him at this price. I bet this at 2 AM eastern standard time in the US and the match was scheduled for 5 AM. I kept looking at the odds, for whatever reason, and saw them steadily move in the favor of Zeballos. Before match time, and this is NOT a misprint, Tipsarevic went from 1.3 at 2 AM to 2.2 at 5 AM!!!

The match began and both guys held serve. I didn't really know what to expect. I knew something was up with the line move but both guys looked fine. Tipsarevic did his work and at 5-4* he broke to take the first set. The odds in the first set were pretty much 1.9ish throughout. After Tipsarevic won the first set, I thought I was in a good place and that I would escape this mysterious line move. After the set, I expected to see the Serb return to atleast 1.35 territory. Well to my surprise, the price stayed at 1.9!!!! Tipsarevic lost the second set 6-4 and the price fell to, and again this is not a mistake, Zeballos 1.1!!!!!! Tipsarevic proceeded to lose the match 6-4 4-6 3-6.

I still to this day have not seeked an explanation for this mostly because I lost so much on this match (again, sounds foolish to lose so much in an early round ATP 250 tourney with such a heavy favorite but I am a degenerate gambler) and didn't really want to think about it but it made me sick. This though really convinced me that there is heavy match fixing in tennis. Is there an explanation for anything like this??? Tipsarevic didn't call the trainer once and looked great physically. Zeballos is now ranked 113 in the world and has not qualified to play in 3 out of the last 5 grand slams.

Still to this day, this match result blows my mind. After the result, Tipsarevic posted on his twitter, "Always play like shit when I have points to defend!". Its still there, you can look it up. Janko of course ended up winning Moscow a few months ago.
American sports like the NBA,NFL,MLB not rigged,come on man you need to wake up and open your eyes to the Real World!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote