Trayvon Martin support/discussion thread. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trayvon Martin support/discussion thread.

Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trayvon Martin support/discussion thread.

He will not fucking die in vain. This 17 year old child from Sanford, Florida, who celebrated his birthday just three weeks prior to being shot and killed, while unarmed, carrying a bag of skittles for his stepbrother and Arizona iced-tea, by an unofficial neighborhood watch volunteer by the name of George Zimmerman, a Hispanic 28-year-old man who used the words coons while making the 911 call to police to report Trayvon as suspicious, stalked Trayvon with a gun for several blocks, and who was specifically told by the police to wait until they arrived to take any action and had pre-determined that Trayvon was a criminal solely because he was a black man in a hoodie, has sparked a national outrage and a discussion on race-issues not just in America, but across the country. As a gay man who is mixed, this affects me in SOOOOOO many profound ways. First of all, because I know DAMN well that if I lived in a state like Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, hell even in rural Virginia and not in Richmond, that the same could happen to me. Stereotyped for my skin color. And although this isn't a gay hate case, what it is, is a hate crime. And as a gay man, I know DAMN well in these same areas, I would basically be in hell being openly gay. Trayvon Martin, who had no criminal record and was an honor student, dreamed of being pilot when he grew up and flew to various locations throughout the United States with his mother on school holidays. His dreams were taken away from him in the blink of an eye, solely because he is black.

I'm tired, people. I'm tired of hearing stories of MY people being murdered, attacked, spit on, solely because of who they are. It's time to stand up, it's time to speak out, it's time for all of us to do our part and fix things. Things have to change.

This thread is for all those who want to send their memories out to Trayvon, send their well wishes to the family/friends of Trayvon, as well as discuss the merits of what happened, the consequences that should come with what has transpired, social and cultural issues revolving around race, violence, guns and whatever else comes to mind, latest news reports on the story at hand, gun laws in America and in the world and whether you think they are too restrictive/too unrestricted and the SELF-DEFENSE STAND YOUR GROUND law that is being used as the reason why Mr. Zimmerman killed this child, a law in 22 American states that allows individuals to kill if they feel threatened without any potential prosecution, meaning that Mr. Zimmerman has not been arrested nor charged with any crime in this case and his whereabouts are currently unknown. Whatever it is about this story and others similar, whatever your thoughts regarding whatever comes to mind when reading/thinking about this tragedy, this is the place to air those thoughts. Please keep it civil and respect the deceased individual in this situation and his family. Thank you.

Last edited by Filo V. : 03-24-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know you were biracial

Back on topic though, this is a disgraceful tragedy, sickening and pathetic from Zimmerman, who should've been arrested the night of the incident. The fact that Florida has these ridiculous laws that have allowed for this guy to practically get away with murdering this innocent young kid is just another sad commentary on how awful this country's gun laws really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Black, white, Spanish, American-Indian, remember when I told you that a few months ago

I know that the first feeling of emotion should be sadness in a case like this, and I've felt that, I've nearly cried thinking about it, but the first feeling I got from this case was just..............this is fucking PATHETIC. That word just sticks in my head. Pathetic. It's incredibly pathetic that this happened, that George Zimmerman hasn't and really, let's get real, he will not be charged unless it's decided that the backlash from murdering yet another minority individual without cause is too much to bare, and it's pathetic that all it takes is being black with a hoodie on to get you shot in America in the year 2012. Our guns laws are beyond pathetic, America's obsession with solving problems with violence is pathetic, our countries' regressive societal ways of thinking is pathetic. It's like we haven't learned a fucking thing.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #5
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

What's ridiculous is that Zimmerman followed Martin as if he was some kind of plague and then shot him when he had just watch him do nothing harmful for a long period of time.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the “Stand Firm” law is significantly altered.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #7
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is, this boy was just going to the store to get candy for his little brother. It was raining, he put his hood up and he was talking on the phone to his girlfriend as he walked home.

They played the 911 call from a bystander on the news, I think she was standing on her porch, and you can hear this poor kid screaming "Help, help!" in the background and then a gunshot and silence. How this guy hasn't been arrested yet...

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

If it was a black cop shooting a white teenager, he'd already be on death row.

Sad, but true.

This reminds me of the cop a few months ago that tazered that girl and she fell and banged her head on the concrete and now she's in a coma, likely never to come out. He hasn't been charged either.

Cops have too much power.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #9
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
If it was a black cop shooting a white teenager, he'd already be on death row.

Sad, but true.

This reminds me of the cop a few months ago that tazered that girl and she fell and banged her head on the concrete and now she's in a coma, likely never to come out. He hasn't been charged either.

Cops have too much power.
I so agree with this. In California for example alot of dirty cops always get away with murder killing people because of discrimination and even racism, in 1991 for example it was a riot between the young teens and kids vs the cops, its always been like that for a long time, and im not surprise if it still happens not just in cali but elsewhere in the usa
Old 03-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
I so agree with this. In California for example alot of dirty cops always get away with murder killing people because of discrimination and even racism, in 1991 for example it was a riot between the young teens and kids vs the cops, its always been like that for a long time, and im not surprise if it still happens not just in cali but elsewhere in the usa
Yep. It is a shame. Have we humans not learned from our ancestors? Racism and discrimination have torn humans apart since the ancient Egyptians and Mesopotamians

The first thing Christopher Columbus wrote in his diary after landing in the Bahamas in October 1492? "The people are cheerful, unarmed, and mostly nude. They will make great slaves"

Did you see the Miami Heat and their hoodies showing support for Trayvon?

http://uptownmagazine.com/files/2012/03/Miami-Heat.jpg
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
The first thing Christopher Columbus wrote in his diary after landing in the Bahamas in October 1492? "The people are cheerful, unarmed, and mostly nude. They will make great slaves"
omg

Quote:
Did you see the Miami Heat and their hoodies showing support for Trayvon?

http://uptownmagazine.com/files/2012/03/Miami-Heat.jpg
I saw this. I'm not a fan of the Heat (scorned Cavs fan here ) but I really respect the team for doing this. Can't believe that clown Geraldo Riviera had the nerve to say that black and Latino teens should just stop wearing hoodies because if Trayvon hadn't been wearing a hoodie, Zimmerman might've left him alone. Yeah, I'm sure that's why he targeted this kid That nut had a history of reporting black kids, including once when he reported a seven or eight year old child.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Geraldo Rivera, I HATE going here, but it needs to be said. Mr. Rivera, being of Puerto Rican/Jewish decent, needs to realize that he really ain't that far off from being just another token minority among bigoted conservative white men, and one that these people will not feel any remorse to treat like shit, as they already are doing with other minorities, and minorities who are Puerto Rican/Jewish themselves. Who does he think he is? Because they will DROP his ass in a New York minute and never look back. He should know better than to be foolish enough not to realize what's going on here, but I guess not. I guess he's been brainwashed too much and is simply too damaged mentally to see through the bullshit.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Rivera sounds like a jackass and a dick at the same time, i think those two are similar in meaning