If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #31
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Definitely off to check that out now.
Careful now, the "cup" debate is more heated than the GOAT one.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you'd be a journalist, what question would you ask Federer in a presser?

I can't find it.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKoh View Post
If I had the chance, I would ask him about the infamous "cup" so we can finally settle that debate in the Bulge Thread.

Obviously, I have my priorities straight.
!!

Roger... did you know you appear in a thread named The Bulge Thread? Then we make an emoticon with his reaction face
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #34
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q: What was the last question you didn't expect and what was the question and what did you answer and when? Do you remember?
Roger Federer: Don't know. Maybe one of yours. I don't know.

Q: Are you missing Nadal at this tournament?
Roger Federer: We're not dating, so no.

Q: Talking about legends, in 2003 you managed to beat Pete Sampras at Wimbledon. He was an icon at that time.
Roger Federer: 2001.

Q: You're on the official car this year. How does it feel to see yourself on the move every day?
Roger Federer: I can't sleep at night, it's so amazing, the feeling...

Q: Before you make the challenge there's a picture of two players on the court. Yours was red and black and blurry. It's just not very flattering. Perhaps you could change the quality of the picture?
Roger Federer: [No response]

Q: Is there any chance of getting one of your towels?
Roger Federer: No. We don't have that many. They're for my friends. I don't know you. But good try.

Q: You're still No. 1. That's good.
Roger Federer: Thank you. I'm happy you say so.

Q: Do you still think you can win Roland Garros?
Roger Federer: Yes.

Q: Are you sure?
Roger Federer: Well, if you want me to answer no if that makes you happy, then no. Choose the answer. I said yes.

Q: Imagine it's 2009 and this little fairy comes to you and says, You're going to win one tournament, but you have to choose - Wimbledon or Roland Garros. Which one?
Roger Federer: I don't want to answer these stupid questions any more. They're too stupid.

Q: But why?
Roger Federer: Because I want to win at everything. I have no preference.

Q: So you waited 27 years to win in Paris. You won the US Open, Wimbledon and the Australian Open much earlier. Does it give a special flavor to this trophy?
Roger Federer: First, I never waited 27 years, because 27 years ago I was just born. My parents never told me, If you don't win Roland Garros we take you to the orphanage.
SOURCE

I would just storm off if I was asked this kind of bullshit

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #35
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

So if Rogi retired and never won Roland Garros his parents would send him to an orphanage?

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #36
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
SOURCE

Too good.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #37
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

And this reporter puts every other fangirl in the planet to shame

Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #38
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SOURCE

Quote:
Q: Before you make the challenge there's a picture of two players on the court. Yours was red and black and blurry. It's just not very flattering. Perhaps you could change the quality of the picture?
Roger Federer: [No response]
omg
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #39
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

I finally found a serious question to ask. I just went over a chapter in that book by Rene Stauffer, apparently one of the things IMG promised him to sweeten the pot in 2005 was a profit-sharing/equity arrangement. Good chance that Federer might have been given stock in IMG to convince him to sign with them and he gets a big profit if they ever decide to sell. He might possibly own a stake in the corporation right now.

Wow.

This was never confirmed (he was good friends with the former CEO) but this is alluded to in the book. IMG was bought for 750 million dollars and if the investors decide to sell it to the Private Equity firms that have come calling, it will probably be for about 3 billion dollars.

The question I'd ask is how big is that stake he was given in IMG and does it have that rumored profit-sharing arrangement? Even if they gave him 2% of the company, he'd get 60 million should they choose to sell it. Also, the shares in IMG means that he gets a cut of everybody's endorsement money, including Nadal's. That's crazy.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #40
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

I wouldn't be surprised Roger has a banker soul and is very smart about his investments

Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #41
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SOURCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #42
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And this reporter puts every other fangirl in the planet to shame

At that distance she could put Roger in her bag and run away