Bad Match Up.. A delusional Fancy term or does it has any truth in it? - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Bad Match Up.. A delusional Fancy term or does it has any truth in it?

A Delusional fancy Term Indeed 9 8.74%
It has some truth 92 89.32%
Cannot Say 2 1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #151
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Match Up.. A delusional Fancy term or does it has any truth in it?

Sensible posts + MTF = bad match up

Ajde

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #152
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Match Up.. A delusional Fancy term or does it has any truth in it?

I know you should never let trolls wind you up but once in a while they catch you with your guard down and nail you with a sucker punch.

My god. Shaking my head so hard I might dislocate my fucking neck.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #153
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
I know you should never let trolls wind you up but once in a while they catch you with your guard down and nail you with a sucker punch.

My god. Shaking my head so hard I might dislocate my fucking neck.
indeed, there is some spellbinding stuff here... though, i believe i have pretty much identified their pain, and thus their motives, with my previous post...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #154
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
for so long djokovic would suffer defeat at the hands of nadal, even though quite obviously to tennis observers djokovic was the player of the two with the most complete backcourt game... yet, by comparison, so immature and weak of mind was djokovic that he would fail to press home any back court advantage he may have had... the mental game of nadal was just so strong and there lay the imbalance... so clutch on the big points... nadal always had maturity beyond his years...

but these things always balance out...

fast forward to 2011, and the mental imbalance had been redressed... djokovic's resolve had not been broken by nadal, only strengthened... djokovic had accepted what he must do to match his foe nadal... he discarded the wta-like need for drama, the vain need to be loved and the penchant for retirements... and what unfolded was the biggest match up issue since federer vs nadal... what is ironic was that without nadal, the djokovic of 2011 could not have happened...

what we have today is the match up issue that tennis observers expected to unfold between nadal and djokovic... nadal's default two shot finishing combo vs federer that has collected innumerable points (of high and heavy forehand to the ad court + finishing strike to the deuce court or in behind) did not work against djokovic... in fact, as seen in the match up, djokovic likes striking it up there at chin level... similarly, murray's inability to strike a confident forehand down the line, allows nadal to camp in his favoured position way right of centre and take control of the rallies murray often lets him...

but with djokovic, nadal has nowhere to retreat to... for nadal, there is nowhere to run... nowhere to make the rally neutral... nowhere on the court he can find some breathing space with some 50/50 ball... djokovic is all over him like a very severe case of genital warts - and all over him all of the time... just like an ageing nalbandian displayed in indian wells, djokovic's ability to strike down the line and cross court with authority from both shoulder height and from a low contact height means that nadal's dominant rally position is now more centred - nadal can see that djokovic can strike easily at the open ad court should he offer the space, and djokovic obliges just to let him know... what is the result of nadal's more centred rally position: yes, that's right... nadal's weaker backhand is exposed...

the match-up of djokovic, nalbandian and davydenko vs nadal is perhaps the most obvious match up issue we have on hardcourts today... less so on clay as nadal has more retrieval and recovery time, but djokovic showed us in 2011 that the match up does extend to clay also...

players adept at cross court and down the line shotmaking at any contact height are nadal's match up issue... unfortunately for nadal he does not possess the skills to overcome this match up issue... he has tried slicing down the line to djokovic to change the rally speed and work djokovic's strange inability to do anything substantial with off pace balls, but the nadal slice is largely inferior to those that have gained reward against djokovic with it, it is better left as something defensive...

simply put, nadal has nowhere to run vs djokovic... gone are the days where the match up was based in the mental realm... as i said, that imbalance has been redressed....

we are witnessing the match up issue of this age... one that will cause a negative H2H match up record where once it was mightily positive... the technical limitations that nadal's mental fortitude hid vs supreme ball strikers is negated...
This is too sensible for MTF. Thanks mate.

Best match in 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auv_J0RcW0Q
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #155
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I didn't say go all out, I said attacking. That is what make someone like Davydenko so difficult for Nadal because he doesn't let up on either wing. Federer likes to throw in the variation. A slice, topspin, flat, etc. Someone like Davydenko who normally just hits through every ball causes problems for Nadal, and you see when Federer plays less of his variation style of play he gets the better of Nadal more often.

Where is the one person controlling the accounts of Failerko, Tard da Fail, Clay Fail and FailFK? Posts one time using his quad accounts and leaves.
LMAO what?

By the way just for the record (in case there exists a dope smoking MTF mod that shoots first and asks questions later) I'm not a quad account of not a single other account whatsoever, neither of Start Da Game nor of ClayDeath nor of whoever the fuck this lunatic nutsack calling himself HKz is referring to as "failFK".
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #156
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
LMAO what?

By the way just for the record (in case there exists a dope smoking MTF mod that shoots first and asks questions later) I'm not a quad account of not a single other account whatsoever, neither of Start Da Game nor of ClayDeath nor of whoever the fuck this lunatic nutsack calling himself HKz is referring to as "failFK".
Do you have a comprehension issue? Was I talking to you in referance to those four accounts?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #157
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
anyone who doesnt believe there are matchups in tennis is a dickhead quite frankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
As Shown By Federer after Beating Nadal, Where he clearly took the attack to Nadal; taking the Ball early Playing Aggresively all the while and hence beating Nadal.

Does it now show that there was nothing called as Bad match Up for federer against Nadal. It was the same old SLOW COURT same Old Nadal and his game Plan of hitting Looping Balls to federer's Backhand. And Gues what? It somehow didnt work.

What does it show then?

All the while when Federer lost to nadal he purely had a Mental Block which came from losing the previous Match Badly. He said in his quotes also after his victory against Nadal

This shows that he clearly was carrying Baggage from his previous matches against Nadal and there was little Truth in the so Called Match Up.

I wanna go ahead and say that. Federer clearly a very talented player,all the while depending on his talent alone was winning over the rest of the Tour. but when faced Nadal he clearly got rattled and never really recovered after that. He himself said that baggage was preventing him from playing at his best and thereby laying to rest the Myth called as

Bad Match Up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
Delusional term used by people who cant explain why someone they dont like won a tennis match
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
affirmative.

it may have more of meaning in team sports like basketball.

it does not apply to tennis at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
concurred.....end of story.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
It's just an excuse Federer fans use when he loses to Nadal.

No such thing as matchups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
there are no bad match ups, there are only bad strategies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Matchups do not exist. They are for team sports like football where there is a lot of people. Tennis is one on one and really not that complex a sport. Matchup talk is for people like Action Jackson and the infectus who like to make people think they know a lot about tennis.

thats all that must be said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
The world number one can't have a bad match-up against the world number 2
Bad match-ups exist between one superior and another inferior players(teams)
For example, Lyon vs. Real Madrid was a bad match-up, but Barcelona vs. Real Madrid certainly isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by out_grinder View Post
Yeh Nadal's game is based on being a bad match up for as much of the tour as possible.

His unnatural left-handedness is designed to be awkward for righties. His extreme topspin is designed to be difficult for righties backhands.

But then you could say that Federer's accurate and penetrating forehand is designed to be difficult to get to. His low slice is designed to be hard to attack. His serve is deigned to be diffiult to return.

In short, all players are trying to be a bad match up for everyone. Therefore overall there is no such thing as a bad match up. There are only players who are better than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
"matchups" are excuses as to why someone's favorite player can't win. You beat your "bad matchup" other times, yet lose to him other times. An excuse.. Nothing more. Nadal has beaten Fed more times then not (mostly at the slams ) because hes a better player on that day... Period.

Djoker has beaten Nadal recently in the past year, because he has been the better player on those days
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #158
country flag fast_clay

Code:
MTF SHITLIST

Shinoj
Rafa = Fed Killa
Clay Death
Start da Game
finishingmove
ossie
Everko
Infinity
out_gringer
SetSampras
Old 03-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #159
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #160
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Arsen finally makes the cut

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #161
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
I think posts like this should be a banable offence.

I'm sure I'm at least 2% stupider for having read it.

Jesus fucking Christ.
While I'm no stranger to opening a can of forum self-righteousness, you easily surpass my degree of condescension and belong to that rare elite of internet douche-bag-cowards by insulting deity for no apparent reason.

I've read your posts--you are no Socrates either.

Commie rat bastard.

DJOKOCOASTER
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #162
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

One on that list is trolling.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #163
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #164
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Arsen in illustrious company there.

Ajde

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #165
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Arsen in illustrious company there.

Ajde
Arsen is a class troll.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote