"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 307 80.37%
Leave them as they are 75 19.63%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #541
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
Wow, I wrote my post because I had only read this thread until page 30 or so and I didn't see that Start the Game covered all the points that I had about Federer's game, sure in a more inflammatory Rafa fan way, but overall he is right about Federer style, which can't be considered really aggressive from 90s or early 00.

If you played Sampras, Edberg, Becker in anything remotely fast in a good day for them you would barely be able to see the color of the ball, as it would have past you by most of the time. With Federer, even in the fastest of conditions it wouldn't be the case, as he likes to rally, let you in points and gain a certain rhythm.

Sure he can be devastating, consistent, versatile with the right touch of aggression like he did with Hewitt in the US open of 2004. But guys like Goran, Becker's on a hot day you would barely be able to touch the ball. That's the difference in aggression in faster conditions.
You know Federer was 5-0 against Sampras, Federer and Krajicek on very fast carpet/grasscourts when he was only 19-20 playing them when they were 29-30?

Federer handling Ivanisevic's serve:

Federer breaking Krajicek:

Federer never had a problem with big serves, in fact I think he hates returning Nadal's serve much more on grass, so much spin he cant counter the pace back at Nadal.
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #542
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

It does annoy me that the like's of Wimbledon is now a slow surface. I don't think all court's need to be speeded up, just some of them. USO & Wimbly should be fast surface. Having all the big tournament's with slow surface (apart from WTF) is simply not fair on the guys on tour who's game suits faster courts. There should be more range.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #543
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

IW is too slow but this is too fast, unplayable

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/18/0/v-380044.html
Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #544
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Well the good news is that not every player can sustain very high levels of play on such slow, grinding surfaces which is probably why Nadal wants a much shorter season. Unfortunately for him, the financial commitments and interests of the ATP, players and tournaments far outweigh his needs so if he wants to stay at the top he's going to have to keep grinding it out on that plexicushion which is slower than RG.

It all depends on how advancements in sports science (hyperbaric chambers, PRP, gene therapy) can keep up with these slow surfaces. I have a feeling that the ATP is going to start panicking when guys like Federer and Nadal aren't making the SFs and Fs like they used to on super slow hard court. In a way (and I say this jokingly because I like Novak), Djokovic was the best thing that could have happened to the ATP because then they started to realize that they had swung so far in one direction to favor one player, they never considered that another guy was simply better than him in all respects.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #545
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Gilbert just posted this:

Quote:
Heard from a very reliable source: Courts are playing much quicker this yr-not much grit-very unusual for MIAMI, big hitters will like that.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #546
country flag Friday16

Friday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post

Quote:
Heard from a very reliable source: Courts are playing much quicker this yr-not much grit-very unusual for MIAMI, big hitters will like that.
Roger said and they made the courts faster, no?
Friday16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #547
country flag Tennis-Life

Tennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
finaly, good for the sport. Pushers, moonballers
Tennis-Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #548
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Also heard the bounce has been reduced since there is much much less grit in it than last year. So faster, lower bouncing courts should be a nice change. Good for big hitters.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #549
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Won't believe it until I see it, but I truly hope that this is the case.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #550
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

djokovic humiliated healthy opponents, including fed & nadal, on different surfaces, but he is supposed to be dismissed as a 2nd tier champion?
Lmao

do you see big servers making a dozen semis & finals on faster surfaces since 2002?
roddick, safin, ljubicic, phillippousis, etc.? lol
if djoker had not won 29 titles, federer'd have 90 titles.
what a damn joke.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #551
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Faster and lower bouncing = GOOD FOR TENNIS.
Thank God there's a sign of stopping the rot.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #552
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
Faster and lower bouncing = GOOD FOR TENNIS.
Thank God there's a sign of stopping the rot.

Could make the harrison and roddick matches harder for fed. ALthough I think roddick may loses to giles muller so who knows.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #553
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Lets see if Gilbert isn't full of hot air.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #554
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Could make the harrison and roddick matches harder for fed. ALthough I think roddick may loses to giles muller so who knows.
Harrison plays defensively, so it'll make the match easier for Roger. He serves well, but come on, Fed just took out Raonic and Isner.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #555
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

I want to change my vote after seeing Raonic indoors. Fast courts are horrible for tennis.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote