Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #316
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The Great Swiss Assassin

Here we are CD and I will get you a bottle of the best txakoli (Basque wine) from my family's vineyards

And at this rate, Roger is gonna retire the Rafole generation

Last edited by Arkulari : 03-19-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #317
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats CD. You are some kind of visionary clearly. I am not expecting #74 in Miami, but I am waiting for your prediction cause I won't bet against you.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #318
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

If Federer keeps playing like this, it wouldn't be too far a stretch for him to get to 80 by the end of the year:

Current: Career - 73, 2012 - 3

Clay season: 1 win - Madrid,
Grass season: 2 wins during the grass season (any combination of Halle, Wimbledon and the Olympics)
US Open Hard Court season: 1 win (Toronto, Cincinnati, US Open),
Indoor season: 3 wins. Basel, WTF and 1 other

If he does that, he'll have 80 total and 10 tournaments during 2012.
Tough, but possible.

Then it means he needs to average 5 titles a year for 4 years or 4 for 5 years.
With his style of play and his love for the game, playing til 35-36 years old is not a stretch either.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #319
country flag fasnik

fasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond reputefasnik has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you opened this topic after US open I wouldn't give him 0,01% of chance for that happening. Today, six months later and with six titles more and playing almost as good as before (haters gonna hate) I would say there is a possibility for that. Not big, but a possibility.

As masterclass said; if he can reach 80 or 80+ titles in this year I would say it's doable. Of course that's all with the assumption of staying healthy. Back problems could be a significant factor in the next years as with some players in his age. And also, who knows: if Nadal and Đoković are absent because of the injuries for some time he could benefit greatly from that. As was the case three years ago.

To conclude, I thought that it's impossible for him to reach 1000 victories in his career, and yet it seems, I was mistaken. With current ratio of winning, 2014 seems like a year when it will be done.
fasnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #320
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasnik View Post
Well, if you opened this topic after US open I wouldn't give him 0,01% of chance for that happening. Today, six months later and with six titles more and playing almost as good as before (haters gonna hate) I would say there is a possibility for that. Not big, but a possibility.

As masterclass said; if he can reach 80 or 80+ titles in this year I would say it's doable. Of course that's all with the assumption of staying healthy. Back problems could be a significant factor in the next years as with some players in his age. And also, who knows: if Nadal and Đoković are absent because of the injuries for some time he could benefit greatly from that. As was the case three years ago.

To conclude, I thought that it's impossible for him to reach 1000 victories in his career, and yet it seems, I was mistaken. With current ratio of winning, 2014 seems like a year when it will be done.
Agree. And of course, he has to stay healthy, and any of another myriad of variables have to not go against him, like another top 4 player getting hot, other lower ranked players rising (like an Isner), etc. But since this is a prediction thread, and we are just trying to estimate possibilities, it's fair to say it's possible given the current status, that it's more likely than it might have looked say, 8 months ago. Obviously a big year with a lot of titles gets him much closer. Can't expect many more big years though, unless his main competition somehow goes away.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #321
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

What's hurt Fed's chances of getting to 100 is the fact he really missed out on some MM titles from 2008. He's only had 4 titles per year since then (if he had 6 he'd have about 80+ now). I don't think he'll be able to get to 100 but if he stays fit anything and everything is possible.

If Aggassi, at 34, was able to reach the USO final and push the Mighty Fed in his prime, I'm sure Fed himself stands a great chance of doing really well, even at 35-36.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #322
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner
What's hurt Fed's chances of getting to 100 is the fact he really missed out on some MM titles from 2008.
He lost some big finals in 2010 too. The year was a stinker in slam terms post AO., but he made four straight Masters finals, losing three of them. He should have made it 5 straight TMS finals before he clowned it up against Monfils in Paris-Bercy SF. I think he was 5-4 or something in finals in 2010. He should have done better there.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #323
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, post AO 2010 until USO 2011 was really a bad period for Rogi title-wise. He won something like 5 titles in 18 months. He's won more in the last 6 lol.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #324
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

so fed has a date with none other than no-djok in the semis in miami. could there be title #74 for fed if he can jump over this hurdle?

the surface is slightly slicker. and it will be a lot warmer in miami than it was in indian wells.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #325
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Fed wont beat Novak in Miami ...........on that surface....no ....when was the last time he did beat him on outdoor hard like 2010 or something
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #326
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Fed wont beat Novak in Miami ...........on that surface....no ....when was the last time he did beat him on outdoor hard like 2010 or something
Maybe somebody takes out Nole before the Fed meeting, like it happened in Dubai(Murray) and IW(Isner).
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #327
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

some of the players do have some tennis under their belts now so they will be looking to get on a bit of a roll of their own. of course the same applies to those who did well in indian wells.

and some come in with added pressure.

dont be surprised to see some upsets here. and now with that being said, how do you like fed`s chances here?

#74 is only a possibility if fed jumps right over no-djok in the semis and lands his ass in the final. so the key for fed is the semis.

you know his confidence will be sky high if he lands in the semis.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #328
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
It hadn't happened against Rafa for much longer and last week it did. Tomorrow is not always a copy of yesterday and in any case he was very close several times last year.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #329
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The King Of Switzerland, Roger Federer

the way fed is playing right now, nobody is safe in a best of 3 sets foremats.

one blink of the eye and its over.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #330
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The King Of Switzerland, Roger Federer

i was just thinking that if fed is able to hold on to this form and his fitness, he is going to be among the favorites on grass.

anybody feels differently?