My eating habits. - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Does Filo V. have an eating disorder?

Yes 15 65.22%
No 4 17.39%
I'm not a doctor, why ask me? 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #91
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My eating habits.

I rarely ate fried food even before my new mean plan so I can't say I've had deep fried brussel sprouts
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #92
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

My mentality has changed the past few days. I'm a lot less strict and less paranoid about what I eat now. I'm more loose about what I want to eat. But today I'm just going to have oatmeal, a banana, some salad and fish and a green. After all the fiber/carbs I had with spaghetti on Tuesday I need to take a couple days off heavy eating
Old 03-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #93
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol alright. But in general, I actually don't mind brussel sprouts. I like that bitter, earthy flavour that it gives. Raw or cooked (in many ways), I don't mind.

Fuck man, should start like a Yummy Food thread, so peeps can post pics of food and/or recipe on how to make it or whatever.. (or is there a similar existing thread already?)
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #94
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Brussel sprouts are my second favorite green. I just love to be able to bite into them when they are soft, the juices from them. Just delicious all around.

I saw your food thread, it's cool but I don't see myself eating most of the stuff that has been mentioned in the thread
Old 03-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #95
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I got wrapped up in the tennis and didn't have dinner tonight. Major mistake. So I'm going to have to make sure to eat a little earlier tomorrow so if I do get invested in the tennis again to the point I can't keep my eyes off the scoreboard, I would have eaten beforehand.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #96
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I've been eating a TON of spaghetti recently. I've gotten less concerned about what I eat recently. And with that, I've been really basically addicted to spaghetti and tonight I'm having lasagna. Of course, I only eat wheat noodles, of course, and low fat, low sodium tomato sauce. So my weight and appearance is still a focus, but you just can't pass up good food!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #97
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, if you're gonna have so much pasta, all those carbs, you gotta burn it off. Go running, lift weights, play an hour or two of tennis or something. Otherwise, it's gonna turn to fat

And definitely don't eat right before going to bed, that's the worst. But also make sure you don't go to bed starving, as that is also unhealthy.

Me, I like to eat a good hour or two before bed, and when I wake up, I've lost more than when I don't eat at all.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #98
country flag Bagelicious

Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I've been eating a TON of spaghetti recently. I've gotten less concerned about what I eat recently. And with that, I've been really basically addicted to spaghetti and tonight I'm having lasagna. Of course, I only eat wheat noodles, of course, and low fat, low sodium tomato sauce. So my weight and appearance is still a focus, but you just can't pass up good food!
After going through this entire thread, this is a good thing. Your mentality and attitude toward food is really unhealthy - if you want to keep weight off and look good you can still eat waaaay more than you're currently eating.

Also, as someone else mentioned, the body needs fat to function. And if you want to look good, you need to include some fat, because people who are too skinny don't look good either.

Your earlier posts sound like a classic case of anorexia in the early stages - that disease centres around severely controlling food and calorie intake to the point that it becomes your whole identity, and you feel good/bad based on what you've eaten.

Your self-esteem shouldn't come from food/not eating, because there is so much more to you as a person than what you eat and how you look.

Out of curiosity - what are the other things that you care about? Family/friends, school/career, hobbies?

Some of your posts also sound as though you're suffering from some depression (feeling numb, etc.), which is something that I've had to deal with in the past. Not eating & sleeping enough definitely plays a role in that, and it might partly explain why you're fixated on your looks to the exclusion of everything else.

Anyway, that was a really long post, and it sounds as though you're already easing up with the food, so that's a really good sign. I wish you all the best.

I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #99
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Dude, if you're gonna have so much pasta, all those carbs, you gotta burn it off. Go running, lift weights, play an hour or two of tennis or something. Otherwise, it's gonna turn to fat

And definitely don't eat right before going to bed, that's the worst. But also make sure you don't go to bed starving, as that is also unhealthy.

Me, I like to eat a good hour or two before bed, and when I wake up, I've lost more than when I don't eat at all.
If it's under the basic consumption, then it won't turn to fat.

Cooked pasta has around 100 calories per 100 grams. So you'd have to eat 2kg of it to get 2000 calories.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #100
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagelicious View Post
After going through this entire thread, this is a good thing. Your mentality and attitude toward food is really unhealthy - if you want to keep weight off and look good you can still eat waaaay more than you're currently eating.

Also, as someone else mentioned, the body needs fat to function. And if you want to look good, you need to include some fat, because people who are too skinny don't look good either.
I've never really realized/though of my mentality towards food as being unhealthy, really until I got here. Is it delusion, is it ignorance, I don't know. I've never seen myself as hating food or anti-food but maybe I am. I'm still focused about eating healthy but the past week has been a lot of fun and I'm just enjoying eating what I like to eat. That's a good thing, I know. But I would still trade it all in for the perfect look. Right now it's just not in my mind----tennis has actually preoccupied my mind and I think that's probably why I've been focusing less on my looks.

I agree about being too skinny not being attractive. I've honestly been borderline scared of fat.........in the sense that, if I see something that has much or any fat at all, I'll flat out run away from eating it. Completely will not eat it and will delete it as an option to eat from my mind. I've always thought I can maintain a healthy-but-thin weight while also cutting fat, that I can have little-to-no fat at all but also look cut and trim, without being gaunt. It's going to be hard for me to change, I have to change my mentality towards fat to feel comfortable about eating some. Even right now I feel a little uncomfortable talking about it.

Quote:
Your earlier posts sound like a classic case of anorexia in the early stages - that disease centres around severely controlling food and calorie intake to the point that it becomes your whole identity, and you feel good/bad based on what you've eaten.

Your self-esteem shouldn't come from food/not eating, because there is so much more to you as a person than what you eat and how you look.
I think my self-esteem revolves more around looks than eating...........that's why I've never really seen myself as having an eating disorder or being anti-food, because everything comes back to looks for me. At the same time I do agree and see what you're saying, that my identity and how I feel about myself many days comes down to solely what I eat. Well, if I eat something I think will hurt my looks. And that sort of paranoia isn't a good thing, reading up on the symptoms of anorexia I definitely have fit some of the traits and that's sort of weird to think about. I know there is more to me than my looks but even right now when I'm not really thinking about my looks, I still see it as my #1 attribute. I still think about working up, getting in perfect shape and looking sexy. The problem I guess comes in where I guess I don't really like the way I look which is why I'm so obsessive and paranoid over it.

Quote:
Out of curiosity - what are the other things that you care about? Family/friends, school/career, hobbies?
The #1 thing I care about are my friends who I absolutely love and adore and get me through the bad times, and my community, the gay community, and our straight allies. By a wide margin, it's the #1 thing I care about. LGBTQ children in schools, LGBTQ homeless, HIV within the gay community, all the serious issues, all the minor issues. Also I care about my grandmother deeply because she's basically the one who I look up to, the one who took the most/best care for me when I was young, and I love her so much for everything she's done for me.

Quote:
Some of your posts also sound as though you're suffering from some depression (feeling numb, etc.), which is something that I've had to deal with in the past. Not eating & sleeping enough definitely plays a role in that, and it might partly explain why you're fixated on your looks to the exclusion of everything else.
I definitely think I suffer from a depression to some extent. I think sometimes I'm too emotionally vulnerable and sensitive for my own good. The stories about gay teens committing suicide, and gay bashings across the world, politicians going out of their way to denigrate and discriminate against the gay community, the fact we're not respected as a community as other groups are and there is still so much ignorance surrounding the issue of homosexuality. That has a severe impact on my view of the world and life in general. It makes me uptight a lot, and it makes me anxious. More than that, it makes me sad. And it's not even a personal thing since I've never personally been discriminated against ever and my friends all love me and accept me. But it's like I don't feel totally free. Even on this forum, I've been attacked on NUMEROUS occasions on the basis of my sexuality. It makes me feel like an outcast, and misunderstood. And then I feel foolish for caring so much. I try not to care and I say I don't care, sometimes I succeed, but other times like right now, I feel hurt and sadness.

Does that end up coming back to my looks and why I'm so fixated on that? Maybe, I guess, I'm really not sure. I don't tend to think of anything else but my appearance when I get in those zones where I focus solely on my looks. I just think about being hot. Thinking about that now, I feel pretty not OK about that and mad at myself a bit because I think I represent the gay community badly when I act like that, and I feel like it's degrading to the gay community and to myself. But I love the attention my looks give me, and I'm extremely conscious about it whenever I go out anywhere.

Quote:
Anyway, that was a really long post, and it sounds as though you're already easing up with the food, so that's a really good sign. I wish you all the best.
Thank you, long is fine, it means you have a lot of constructive thoughts going through your head and that's a great thing! I'm just living, trying to at least. It's hard sometimes, and I should count myself lucky, I could have it SOOOOO much worse. I'm not sure if I'm actually happy or not. I have to figure that out, figure out if I'm missing something in my life, if I'm really empty or not. I don't know, it's crazy, a lot of thoughts and emotions. The food thing is still there, but as of right now it's not a focus so I guess it's good. As long as my mind and taste buds are totally desiring pasta that's basically what I'm going to keep eating.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 AM   #101
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I have been...........I've gone out the past like 4 days to walk around and get my body moving. Especially since pasta gives me energy, since carbs=sugar, and yes, I know pasta can be extremely fattening so I've had to essentially force myself to start mini-exercising to off-set that. The downside is that I've been going to sleep later because I feel less tired at night

Quote:

I never eat past 8:00 PM and I usually like to go to sleep around midnight, so definitely agree to never eat before going to bed. I always drink some water about an hour before bed and then right when I wake up to clean my insides and also to self-hydrate.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #102
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
If it's under the basic consumption, then it won't turn to fat.

Cooked pasta has around 100 calories per 100 grams. So you'd have to eat 2kg of it to get 2000 calories.
Well I think I should be safe then.............maybe at least I don't think I eat that much in a day
Old 03-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #103
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Today is my egg salad day, meaning a cheat day. I usually have one or two cheat days per week to eat egg salad, spaghetti, chicken, something of the sort.

Then I make up for it by cutting back for several days consecutively. So tomorrow, I'll have an apple for breakfast, salad for lunch, and probably a green and more salad for dinner, or maybe fish and a green. And that will be virtually no sodium, little cholesterol, and 500 calories or less. Do that for several days, and everything is fine. No exercise yet lose weight; it's perfect!!!
That does sound like how many people start and then get gripped with a disorder.

To be healthy you need to be your correct weight through eating and exercising. If you're slim solely through eating salad and cutting back on calories then you will bloat up as soon as you eat normally.

I would get some professional advice quickly.

Aga; Ana; Maria; Vika. Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!

Andy, Novak. Have a wonderful 2013!!

Roger Federer
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #104
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never really realized/though of my mentality towards food as being unhealthy, really until I got here. Is it delusion, is it ignorance, I don't know. I've never seen myself as hating food or anti-food but maybe I am. I'm still focused about eating healthy but the past week has been a lot of fun and I'm just enjoying eating what I like to eat. That's a good thing, I know. But I would still trade it all in for the perfect look. Right now it's just not in my mind----tennis has actually preoccupied my mind and I think that's probably why I've been focusing less on my looks.

I agree about being too skinny not being attractive. I've honestly been borderline scared of fat.........in the sense that, if I see something that has much or any fat at all, I'll flat out run away from eating it. Completely will not eat it and will delete it as an option to eat from my mind. I've always thought I can maintain a healthy-but-thin weight while also cutting fat, that I can have little-to-no fat at all but also look cut and trim, without being gaunt. It's going to be hard for me to change, I have to change my mentality towards fat to feel comfortable about eating some. Even right now I feel a little uncomfortable talking about it.

I think my self-esteem revolves more around looks than eating...........that's why I've never really seen myself as having an eating disorder or being anti-food, because everything comes back to looks for me. At the same time I do agree and see what you're saying, that my identity and how I feel about myself many days comes down to solely what I eat. Well, if I eat something I think will hurt my looks. And that sort of paranoia isn't a good thing, reading up on the symptoms of anorexia I definitely have fit some of the traits and that's sort of weird to think about. I know there is more to me than my looks but even right now when I'm not really thinking about my looks, I still see it as my #1 attribute. I still think about working up, getting in perfect shape and looking sexy. The problem I guess comes in where I guess I don't really like the way I look which is why I'm so obsessive and paranoid over it.

The #1 thing I care about are my friends who I absolutely love and adore and get me through the bad times, and my community, the gay community, and our straight allies. By a wide margin, it's the #1 thing I care about. LGBTQ children in schools, LGBTQ homeless, HIV within the gay community, all the serious issues, all the minor issues. Also I care about my grandmother deeply because she's basically the one who I look up to, the one who took the most/best care for me when I was young, and I love her so much for everything she's done for me.

I definitely think I suffer from a depression to some extent. I think sometimes I'm too emotionally vulnerable and sensitive for my own good. The stories about gay teens committing suicide, and gay bashings across the world, politicians going out of their way to denigrate and discriminate against the gay community, the fact we're not respected as a community as other groups are and there is still so much ignorance surrounding the issue of homosexuality. That has a severe impact on my view of the world and life in general. It makes me uptight a lot, and it makes me anxious. More than that, it makes me sad. And it's not even a personal thing since I've never personally been discriminated against ever and my friends all love me and accept me. But it's like I don't feel totally free. Even on this forum, I've been attacked on NUMEROUS occasions on the basis of my sexuality. It makes me feel like an outcast, and misunderstood. And then I feel foolish for caring so much. I try not to care and I say I don't care, sometimes I succeed, but other times like right now, I feel hurt and sadness.

Does that end up coming back to my looks and why I'm so fixated on that? Maybe, I guess, I'm really not sure. I don't tend to think of anything else but my appearance when I get in those zones where I focus solely on my looks. I just think about being hot. Thinking about that now, I feel pretty not OK about that and mad at myself a bit because I think I represent the gay community badly when I act like that, and I feel like it's degrading to the gay community and to myself. But I love the attention my looks give me, and I'm extremely conscious about it whenever I go out anywhere.

Thank you, long is fine, it means you have a lot of constructive thoughts going through your head and that's a great thing! I'm just living, trying to at least. It's hard sometimes, and I should count myself lucky, I could have it SOOOOO much worse. I'm not sure if I'm actually happy or not. I have to figure that out, figure out if I'm missing something in my life, if I'm really empty or not. I don't know, it's crazy, a lot of thoughts and emotions. The food thing is still there, but as of right now it's not a focus so I guess it's good. As long as my mind and taste buds are totally desiring pasta that's basically what I'm going to keep eating.
There are lots and lots of people who don't care if someone is gay or not, and understand and believe it is as normal to be gay as straight. People don't choose their sexuality. They are who they are. It may be tougher in America, but many people here in Britain share my view. Mu uncle is gay and is as happy and successful as anyone else and no one cares. He is a successful business man with a successful partner. I see him a lot and love him to bits.

Take heart from the fact decent people and many people don't care if you're gay, rather than from fixating on food and being thin. Anyway, I think you'll find many gay men prefer chunkier boyfriends - my uncle and his partner are both chunky and people think they're wonderful! It's how you come across to other people too that counts. Take care

Aga; Ana; Maria; Vika. Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!

Andy, Novak. Have a wonderful 2013!!

Roger Federer
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #105
country flag Bagelicious

Bagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond reputeBagelicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The #1 thing I care about are my friends who I absolutely love and adore and get me through the bad times, and my community, the gay community, and our straight allies. By a wide margin, it's the #1 thing I care about. LGBTQ children in schools, LGBTQ homeless, HIV within the gay community, all the serious issues, all the minor issues.
It's perfectly okay to get sensitive about these issues - they affect your life everyday, especially when sometimes it feels like a constant fight to get people to acknowledge you just as you are.

I don't know how active you are in the gay community, but I think getting out there, being part of a volunteer program for teens or working with organisations that focus on these issues would be something that would make a difference for you. It's meaningful to you and it'll help you feel less anxious about the issues you face when you know that you're doing something to change the situation - not just for you, but for other people out there.

I smell bagels!!! Lots of them!!!
Bagelicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote