IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #136
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4

Nadal should be fined for taking more than 25 seconds. It doesnt matter really whether it is a critical juncture or not. He could be or he should be fined at any juncture in a match regardless of the situation.

I will give out the reason why.

To reach at a critical juncture he would have played at all those time when it was not critical at his own sweet rhythm. And in effect playing at his own rhythm he would have disturbed his opponent's rhythm countless times. So he already gains considerable advantage while reaching at critical juncture and its only fair that he gets fined at that critical point.

Anyways its about time that He gets fined for taking more than 25 seconds. Its getting annoying and ridiculous that the rules are not being applied on him.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #137
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I wasn't able to watch the match.

But when you see the scoreline, when you read the comments, all one can say is... Nalbandian.

Expected Rafa to take him in straights though. Can any sort-of-objective poster please inform me about his level of play?
He was quite bad, especially in the first set, you could see that he is giving too much respect and is afraid of Nalbandian's game, he was not comfortable and he was going for more than needed. Funny thing is that Nalby didn't even played good in that set too, except for a couple of scary good points near the end of the set
In the second they both raised their level, but David was the one with more chances and had slightly upper hand, BP in the opening game 0:30 on 4:3, 30:30 on 5:4, Nadal was a bit lucky there, a line clipping and a net cord and after that Nalbandian really fucked it up, easy put away volley, drop shot attempt and a DF.
In the third the argie just went away for a while, but Nadal gave him a big chance to get back in the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle View Post
Is there animosity between these two? Naldy gave the lawnmower man a cold stare at the net, then rafa went and rubbed his back and whispered something to him.

Good heart from Naldy. Still hoping for nadal to regain his 2010 form but he's got a way to go. Nevertheless he'll gain some confidence beating fed tomorrow.
Nope, they are excellent friends off the court. Nadal has big respect for him, and when it comes to Nalbandian, I doubt he has much respect for anyone's game and he does look like he is afraid of no one, but he is usually battling with his his inner demons regardless of the opponent, that is why he had such a big wins over top players and big looses against journeymen in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Yes, stop living in 2007, it's 2012 now. This Nalbandian can't play much better than this.
Watch a match against Tipsarevic just a couple of days ago.
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #138
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh great, yet ANOTHER match we'll have to hear Nalbandian tards talking about for years. Instead of deserving to win, why can't he just win? He's anything but a champion.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #139
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
Oh great, yet ANOTHER match we'll have to hear Nalbandian tards talking about for years. Instead of deserving to win, why can't he just win? He's anything but a champion.
Cause he wasn't good enough to win.
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #140
country flag ElMix

ElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond reputeElMix has a reputation beyond repute

That was so close, but the result was unfortunately NID after the 2nd set. Nalbandian looks really fit, btw.
ElMix is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #141
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #142
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

nalby really gifted the match to nadal once again. fucking pig.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #143
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

almost to the end of second set David made us believing that he will go to win...
he was just dominant better player...
i'm so disappointed...
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #144
country flag fifthsetshootout

fifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond reputefifthsetshootout has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I wonder why people hype Nalbandian so much, yes, he's a clean ballstriker but chokes on his own sweat time and time again, hell even Juan was able to get shit done in GS unlike this guy.

Great backhand, good ROS, not much else (now watch his tards saying that his FH is the stuff of legends and that Edberg wishes he had his volleys )
Nalbandian's touch at the net? His dropshots? His lobs?

Yes, Nalbandian's had his fair share of "stupid" moments (with the dropshots and lobs), but his style is something else. I think too many folks buy too heavily into the image of him as a choker and a slacker (which to an extent, is a fair analysis of him), but cutting down his talents as a tennis player is treading into dangerous territory. While he will forever be remembered by the public as an underachiever, it speaks to his accomplishments & capabilities (his top 3 ranking, the year-end championship win over Fed in 2005, the numerous wins over Fed & Nadal in his prime) that people still watch him to this day. You can laugh at Nalbandian all you want, but there aren't too many other players who could push Rafa to 3 sets on a slower court and expose Rafa's weaknesses, while making him gut it out for the win. Yes, Nalbandian had some severe brain cramps at the very important moments, but not too many other players would have done enough to bring themselves to even face those very important moments.

You can say Nalbandian lacked the mental fortitude/attitude, but to cast him aside as nothing more than a
"great BH + ROS, but nothing else" is equally questionable. Maybe you ought to watch more of his matches...

Last edited by fifthsetshootout : 03-18-2012 at 11:55 AM.
fifthsetshootout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #145
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Nice performance from Nalby Too bad he couldn't finish it off in the second set. Yes, I'm a hidden Nalbytard too.

Who wants to play unseeded Nalbandian in the 1st round of Miami?
He's more dangerous at the moment than the majority of seeds, except top 10.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
Petra Quitova
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #146
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

this was the third time Nalbandian has choked against Pigdal.
He has a nightmare match up for Nadull but lack the mental strenght to finish him off.
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote