Week 11: Pingguo (Winner : Go Soeda) - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
country flag hotdog

hotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 11: Pingguo (Entry List)

Why bother leaving Asia when you can mop up some weak events...
hotdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #77
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 11: Pingguo (Entry List)

It's pathetic. Ito plays outside of Japan, so does Sugita. There is no excuse for Soeda's schedule. He refuses to play outside of Asia because he's a points whore. He knows he'll gain points playing weak Asian events. He RARELY wins outside of Asia, even against mediocre players. So obviously to me, he has absolutely no confidence in his abilities. Now, I think his scheduling is smart, but what happens is it creates a player who ends up being dramatically overranked. If Soeda would show at least some effort of playing events outside of Asia or outside of very weak events, I'd probably have more respect for him, but the reality is, it's ridiculous.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #78
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 11: Pingguo (Winner : Go Soeda)

Soeda def. Jaziri 6-1 3-6 7-5

11th challenger title for the Japanese veteran.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #79
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Now look at Soeda continue to enter primarily in Asian events. He's ranked in the 60s now. None of this would be happening if Soeda lost his R1 match in Chennai before his opponent lost a comfortable lead. But, let's see if Soeda actually starts doing something with his career and makes something of himself. Or will he just continue to camp out and pick up the easy wins. Do or die time, he's not going to get a better chance to prove himself.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #80
country flag willoughby

willoughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Now look at Soeda continue to enter primarily in Asian events. He's ranked in the 60s now. None of this would be happening if Soeda lost his R1 match in Chennai before his opponent lost a comfortable lead. But, let's see if Soeda actually starts doing something with his career and makes something of himself. Or will he just continue to camp out and pick up the easy wins. Do or die time, he's not going to get a better chance to prove himself.
I guess we'll have to wait until the clay season is over. French Open will most probably be the only clay tournament he will play, and there are two strong challengers (looking at the prize money) in Kaohsiung and Busan during clay season, I think he will play those.
After that, I'm pretty sure he will enter ATP main draws on grass and hard courts. There's no point for him to keep playing weak challengers.

Btw, it was Soeda who choked the most in that R1 match against Gil. I know Gil was a break up in the third set, but before that, Soeda led 6-2 3-1* and 0-40 if I remember correctly, so it was mostly Go's choke, in my opinion.

Last edited by willoughby : 03-18-2012 at 03:26 PM.
willoughby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #81
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I hope Rendy wins the Taiwanese challenger. I'm sure he'll enter. It'll probably be the usual names who play the strong Asian events, guys like K. Beck and Muller will I'm guessing enter them. Go will definitely play both challengers. But after that, I agree, he needs to start playing ATP events. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play challengers on grass, though, along with Queens, before Wimbledon.

There isn't any point for him to play weak challengers but to me, there hasn't been any point for a while now. He's 27 years old. I can see why he does it, financially and obviously points wise it's a smart decision. But I don't respect it because if he wanted to be more than what he is right now he could have, but he just won't leave Asia. Similar to Takao Suzuki, similar to the challenger players in America who never leave. Make something of yourself, this is your career, you only have one chance to make it in the game. Soeda has proven long ago he's above this level. He's just taking advantage now, and has been the past few seasons.

As I said, though, we're going to find out what Soeda is made of the next 6 months so we'll just have to see what happens. This is basically the perfect opportunity for him so hopefully for his sake he takes advantage.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #82
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Fred had a 3-1 and break point for 4-1 lead in that match with Soeda and was dominating by that point in the match. Soeda did originally choke, but it was Gil's choke that ended up deciding the outcome in the end. He also had like 30-0 or 30-15 the final game before losing serve on a missed smash.