WWW Indian Wells SF: Nadal vs Federer - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Nadal in 2 78 41.49%
Nadal in 3 46 24.47%
Federer in 2 35 18.62%
Federer in 3 29 15.43%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #256
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Indian Wells SF: Nadal vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
luie, you need to diversify your posting portfolio into a variety of tennis sectors. you're far too obsessed with 'nadull'.
I just find it interesting nadull is such a spartan , but when he is up against a member of his own generation that can "take it " to him he folds like a cheap tent. I just enjoy the dynamics of rivalries .

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #257
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
laver had the h2h advantage over rosewall every year except 1963, his 1st full year on the pro circuit. he dominated rosewall in '64 and '65 and held the career h2h advantage over both rosewall and gonzales.
Well, in 64 Rosewall turned 30 and Gonzales was 36 when Laver entered the pro circuit (at 26) but still dominated Laver the first year.

Here is their h2h:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzale...3Laver_rivalry

Jack Kramer, the long-time tennis promoter, writes that although Laver was "absolutely unbeatable for a year or two late in the 1960s", a "careful comparison" could be made between Laver and the somewhat older Gonzales and that Kramer is "positive that Gonzales could have beaten Laver regularly." [3]
Kramer sees as evidence of Gonzales's superiority over Laver the fact that Gonzales defeated Laver in a U.S.$10,000 winner-take-all, five-set match before 15,000 spectators in New York City's Madison Square Garden in January 1970, when Gonzales was 41 years old and Laver was still considered the World No. 1 player. On the other hand, Gonzales was still a top ten player when this match occurred and Laver subsequently won this event, beating Gonzales in a straight sets semifinal.
During the span of seven years that they faced each other, Laver was 26–32 and Gonzales was 36–42 years old. While the peak of Laver was in the late 60s, the peak of Gonzales was in the middle 50s. Gonzales had a great longevity that made possible that this rivalry was competitive. However, the overall record could be biassed in favor of Laver because of the difference of 10 years between them.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #258
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

sampras for me is inside the goat`s discussion....

the man had 14 gs , 5 masters cup , 6 years finished consecutive like nº1 and the record of 286 week in nº1 ( it`s true that is only one week more than roger but still is record)

sampras has the record of 286 weeks in nº1 and federer has the record of more consecutives week in nº1.

very similars
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #259
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
sampras for me is inside the goat`s discussion....

the man had 14 gs , 5 masters cup , 6 years finished consecutive like nº1 and the record of 286 week in nº1 ( it`s true that is only one week more than roger but still is record)

sampras has the record of 286 weeks in nº1 and federer has the record of more consecutives week in nº1.

very similars
Sampras 98 year as nr1 is worse than almost any year Federer had since 2003, only lack of other good tennis players made him nr1 that year.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #260
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow I don't think I'll be able to stand to watch this Match--Rafa

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #261
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Well, in 64 Rosewall turned 30 and Gonzales was 36 when Laver entered the pro circuit (at 26) but still dominated Laver the first year.

Here is their h2h:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzale...3Laver_rivalry

Jack Kramer, the long-time tennis promoter, writes that although Laver was "absolutely unbeatable for a year or two late in the 1960s", a "careful comparison" could be made between Laver and the somewhat older Gonzales and that Kramer is "positive that Gonzales could have beaten Laver regularly." [3]
Kramer sees as evidence of Gonzales's superiority over Laver the fact that Gonzales defeated Laver in a U.S.$10,000 winner-take-all, five-set match before 15,000 spectators in New York City's Madison Square Garden in January 1970, when Gonzales was 41 years old and Laver was still considered the World No. 1 player. On the other hand, Gonzales was still a top ten player when this match occurred and Laver subsequently won this event, beating Gonzales in a straight sets semifinal.
During the span of seven years that they faced each other, Laver was 26–32 and Gonzales was 36–42 years old. While the peak of Laver was in the late 60s, the peak of Gonzales was in the middle 50s. Gonzales had a great longevity that made possible that this rivalry was competitive. However, the overall record could be biassed in favor of Laver because of the difference of 10 years between them.
valid points and perhaps we'll discuss this in some other threads where this topic has been discussed in more historical and statistical detail. time for djoker vs. isner
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #262
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Again, GOAT does not exist, you just cannot compare the eras.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #263
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

***************IMPORTANT**************

@everyone

check your v cash bets on this match......someone reversed the bets......i bet 50,000 on rafa as his odds were shown 1.36......now it's showing that fed's odds are 1.36 and that i bet on fed? what's going on?
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #264
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
***************IMPORTANT**************

@everyone

check your v cash bets on this match......someone reversed the bets......i bet 50,000 on rafa as his odds were shown 1.36......now it's showing that fed's odds are 1.36 and that i bet on fed? what's going on?
Looks like you're out 50k

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #265
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Looks like you're out 50k
do you mean they won't change it back? what's this nonsense? i want my v cash back......nobody noticed it or what? did you bet anything on this match?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #266
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
do you mean they won't change it back? what's this nonsense? i want my v cash back......nobody noticed it or what? did you bet anything on this match?
Dunno, you sure you looked right? I bet on it and the odds were right...

I meant, if they won't give it back, you're fucked

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #267
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

omg

same thing happened to me- bet 2k on nadal and its been put on federer LOL!

eh, who cares i secretly want fed to win anyway
Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #268
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

great . now Nole gonna lose and another scandalous draw title for the pig
samanosuke is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #269
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Dunno, you sure you looked right? I bet on it and the odds were right...

I meant, if they won't give it back, you're fucked
i am sure it was 1.36 to rafa and you can also check samanusoke's rant in this thread a while ago referring to the same......

i will not leave this here.....50,000 is a big bet.....
Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #270
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i will not leave this here.....50,000 is a big bet.....

vcash, serious business