IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #61
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IW QF: Nadal def. Nalbandian 4-6 7-5 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Right now Nalbandian is number 75 and should have taken Rafa out tonight. That's a fact.

Rafa played terribly tonight. All the Rafa fans were panicking at 6-4 5*-5. They had expected a SS blowout.
it's great when you take out one sentence. Nalbandian is ranked #75 and just knocked out two TOP 10 players this tournament prior to facing Nadal. no matter how you cut it, your comment that Nadal's form is horrible BECAUSE "the #75 player almost beat him" is just stupid.

Nalbandians ranking currently does not represent his talent so get over yourself. 'should have' could have would have. he didn't knock him out and he played a lot higher than he is ranked this tournament. accept facts move on, have your personal opinon but no reason to state delusions about where Nadal's game is at or where Nalbandian's is at

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #62
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #63
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Ellison's cheering for Fedal is rather tasteless.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #64
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
No you learn about the sport. There is nothing written in the rule book where Nadal is allowed to take more than 25 seconds in between points. Considering I already said why Nadal won the match, then it's not my fault you choose to use selective reading

Tournament directors cheering outwardly for specific players whether they are friends or not isn't professional. It's commonsense which is something lacking.
oh who cares, as though that is a serious issue. get on top of Nadal about his time wasting I understand but if a guy is basically single handedly funding a Masters 1000 tournament I think we can let it slide that he has a big crush on one particular player- without Ellison this tournament would no longer exist and in all likelihood a much lower quality tournament would have taken its place.

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #65
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Call him up on it - but do it early in the match
When Rafa was getting his butt handed to him?

If the director had done that you would have been angry still. Rafa was warned when he was two breaks up.

How about warning him at 6-4 1-0* when he was down that game. You just knew he was going to waste time when he was losing. That was NID.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #66
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
I agree - it's against the rules. Call him up on it - but do it early in the match rather than at a crucial point and then deduct a point early on too. He'll stop doing it. The fact is him & Djokovic etc. aren't going to change a winning style until they see some consequences. I just don't get the point of randomly saying it towards the end of a match and then not following up on it.

And I agree about the tournament director. Ellison is the owner so him cheering is ok IMO - he's just pouring money in after all - but the tournament director is different as he has more direct control over the players, entry lists etc. It's unprofessional.
Call it when it happens, if a player foot faults second serve match point down then he has to be called irrespective of the score. The principle is the same with the time violations, once a point penalty is applied then they will get it.

No, the thing that happens when they hit the ball over the net in between a set of lines is what decides matches. The promoter shouldn't be doing it either .

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #67
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Only one spoon won't cut it.
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #68
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no matter how you cut it, your comment that Nadal's form is horrible BECAUSE "the #75 player almost beat him" is just stupid.
And all too true. You're right that number 75 doesn't reflect the quality of Nadal's play tonight.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #69
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Ellison and his daughter - huge Nadull tards, they were like this last year when Rafa had another one of his famous Luck outs v Karlovic

tbf tho you'd expect tournie owners to want their star men to go far as possible
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #70
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
oh who cares, as though that is a serious issue. get on top of Nadal about his time wasting I understand but if a guy is basically single handedly funding a Masters 1000 tournament I think we can let it slide that he has a big crush on one particular player- without Ellison this tournament would no longer exist and in all likelihood a much lower quality tournament would have taken its place.
Not even Don Ion Tiriac cheers openly for players at the events he runs. It's unprofessional.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #71
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Promising signs for David. If he stays off the burgers he should keep on climbing the rankings like nothing this year.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #72
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't able to watch the match.

But when you see the scoreline, when you read the comments, all one can say is... Nalbandian.

Expected Rafa to take him in straights though. Can any sort-of-objective poster please inform me about his level of play?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #73
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
Promising signs for David. If he stays off the burgers he should keep on climbing the rankings like nothing this year.
Nalbandian has been fit for a while, it's not like he had gastric bypass yesterday and became Fit Dave

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #74
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

It hasn't really struck me how lean he's looking til now.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #75
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Like AJ said - highly unprofessional behaviour if indeed happened like described over here. And I wonder if it would indeed be such a huge loss if this tournament would go head-over-tits, so to say.

Bring back Hamburg!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote