Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #256
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The Great Swiss Assassin

Ok, I'd try to be objective here. 100% neutral.

I do believe Federer is sick and his form isn't as good as Dubai's for that reason, however, I think he'll recover for an eventual Semi-Final.

I, as a FedFan, think it's very difficult for Fed to take this title, but I didn't believe he would won Dubai either, so, anything can happen.
I think he can show a beast form vs Delpo and win the match, like in AO, but if he plays like today, I see Delpo taking the QF. I give him 50% chances to win over JMDP, and I think that's not a bad number, i'm ok with 50% chances there. (If he plays like Dubai final or Rotterdam's, that number increases to 80%).

Well then, now, Nadal - Nalbandian QF.
Rafa is playing good, or, at least, "not-bad". It's true that his opponents weren't so good, but he had not so many UEs, and that's always important in HC.
Nalbandian is pumped, beating 2 top ten players is really important for him, after several injury-years, he's finally making a big run on the tour. He knows how to beat Rafa and his game is working well.
However, Rafa is Rafa, and if he just plays the way he knows to do it, Nalby is cooked in 2 easy sets. David needs to lower the Unforced-erros number. He's making so many of them. If he wants to beat Nadal, he needs to improve that number.
I give Nadal a 75% chances of winning his QF match. However: Don't count Nalby out.
You can NEVER count Nalbandian out.

In case of a Fedal SF, I really see Rafa winning that match.
Even if Roger improves his tennis level, we all know Rafa is his Nemesis and has the weapons to win over him.
But we all know how Roger is, he can have a JesusFed level match, and we can't count him out either. I give Nadal a 75% chances of beating Roger here.

Now. If Roger plays Djokovic in the Final, he will win.
And i'm 100% seriously here. A Fed - Nole match, is for Federer this time.

So... I can't agree with you in this one CD.
I see Fed with a 50% chance of beating Delpo.
And a 25% chance of beating Rafa.
Of course, it's possible. If those things happen, I really see him winning the final, but I can't see that scenario.

I see Nadal getting this trophy.
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #257
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Ok, I'd try to be objective here. 100% neutral.

I do believe Federer is sick and his form isn't as good as Dubai's for that reason, however, I think he'll recover for an eventual Semi-Final.

I, as a FedFan, think it's very difficult for Fed to take this title, but I didn't believe he would won Dubai either, so, anything can happen.
I think he can show a beast form vs Delpo and win the match, like in AO, but if he plays like today, I see Delpo taking the QF. I give him 50% chances to win over JMDP, and I think that's not a bad number, i'm ok with 50% chances there. (If he plays like Dubai final or Rotterdam's, that number increases to 80%).

Well then, now, Nadal - Nalbandian QF.
Rafa is playing good, or, at least, "not-bad". It's true that his opponents weren't so good, but he had not so many UEs, and that's always important in HC.
Nalbandian is pumped, beating 2 top ten players is really important for him, after several injury-years, he's finally making a big run on the tour. He knows how to beat Rafa and his game is working well.
However, Rafa is Rafa, and if he just plays the way he knows to do it, Nalby is cooked in 2 easy sets. David needs to lower the Unforced-erros number. He's making so many of them. If he wants to beat Nadal, he needs to improve that number.
I give Nadal a 75% chances of winning his QF match. However: Don't count Nalby out.
You can NEVER count Nalbandian out.

In case of a Fedal SF, I really see Rafa winning that match.
Even if Roger improves his tennis level, we all know Rafa is his Nemesis and has the weapons to win over him.
But we all know how Roger is, he can have a JesusFed level match, and we can't count him out either. I give Nadal a 75% chances of beating Roger here.

So... I can't agree with you in this one CD.
I see Fed with a 50% chance of beating Delpo.
And a 25% chance of beating Rafa.
Of course, it's possible. If those things happen, I really see him winning the final, but I can't see that scenario.

I see Nadal getting this trophy.

i hear ya old friend. at least we agree one part of this deal: fed is trouble for them if he recovers fast and finds himself in the final.

he is on a bit of a roll now so he is somewhat relaxed even when he is down. he manages to find a way.

also fed is the only one there right now who can take the ball early and take time away from them. both d-pot and clay warrior need more time to execute their options.

no-djok is quicker than both d-pot and the clay warrior and also has a formidable hard court game so fed will have to play great tennis to gun him down. i think he may have his chances in that possible final. he just has to make it happen.

andujar could have taken down no-djok today had he done a better job of taking care of his serve in the 3rd set and also capitalized on his break point opportunities. he almost had him.

fed is probably not going to make those types of mistakes in the final. he will be much harder to break for instance. he is on a roll so he could ride this wave just a little longer.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #258
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

CD: Roger is sick as a dog and you need to be 100% physically speaking to beat Rafa and Nole so it isn't happening.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #259
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
CD: Roger is sick as a dog and you need to be 100% physically speaking to beat Rafa and Nole so it isn't happening.
Sorry, but that made me laugh

What is exactly to be "sick as a dog"?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #260
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

dont look too sick to me. 2 straight 3 set wins and both required overcoming a deficit.

its a 24 hour virus so how the hell can it last 10 days?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #261
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
dont look too sick to me. 2 straight 3 set wins and both required overcoming a deficit.

His wife was coughing today in the stands and he still sounds constipated so...

And come on CD, unless Roger took a complete mental vacation he was always going to beat Raonic and Bellucci

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #262
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

I am a believer, I think that he can reach to the 100 titles. Maybe 5 or 6 more this year of the next way:

Between (Halle, Basel, Olympics, World Tour Finals and Paris) he can win 3 or 4.

In the rest of Masters 1000, principally (Cincinatti, Madrid and maybe Shanghai) he can win 2 of them.

In Grand Slam he can win 1 or 2, probably US Open.

Now in Indian Wells, I think that is very difficult for Roger Federer he has to beat Del Potro, Nadal and Nole in 3 days!

I see him easily in semifinals but Nadal is a great prove for him, he have to play excellent, he can do it,

"It will be dificult but he Can do it"
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #263
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a question of "do you have the confidence to climb a mountain". Certainly WAY harder than bagging another slam or 2. I say 84 as my guess.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #264
country flag lucyfur

lucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Simon will get to the semi's and take him out.
lucyfur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #265
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, but that made me laugh

What is exactly to be "sick as a dog"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

Mr. Viruzzz, the origin of the phrase "sick as a dog" probably comes from at least the 17th century and means very sick, especially with vomiting. Recall that British use ill to mean having a bad cold, but "sick" usually refers to vomiting. And if you think about how dogs are when they are sick, especially from some dietary cause, you can understand how the term came into being. In this sense, "sick as a dog" , is probably better said as "sick like a dog".

Actually Mr. CD, Mr. Federer has said that his illness is unrelated to the "virus" that has struck other players. He believes he has some form of longer lasting flu with some fever and other flu symptoms, and his whole family has been struggling with it. During the Belluci match, the cameras flashed over to Mrs. Federer yesterday semi-isolated in the stands, coughing while on her mobile phone.

Mr. Federer should probably be in bed resting, but these tennis players can be a stubborn lot sometimes, no matter how much money they've earned.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #266
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agree.

Nole does not look that 2.0 anymore... Fed would beat him.

Unfortunately the final will most likely be Djokovic-Nadal and as we saw at the AO, even a subpar, tired Nole beats Nadal these days.

Nole wins then, if it's Nadal in the final.

reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #267
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Agree.

Nole does not look that 2.0 anymore... Fed would beat him.

Unfortunately the final will most likely be Djokovic-Nadal and as we saw at the AO, even a subpar, tired Nole beats Nadal these days.

Nole wins then, if it's Nadal in the final.

If Djokovic gets past Almagro, and Isner beats Simon, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Mr. Isner against Mr. Djokovic. If Isner serves well and gets up on Djokovic after a tiebreaker, I could see an upset. I think Mr. Isner has improved his play and confidence substantially over the last year and has no problem playing well on slower high bouncing surfaces.

Edited: Sorry, a bit off topic for this thread...here, I'll tie it in . It's not a given that Mr. Federer will beat Mr. del Potro, but if he does, then makes it past the semifinal, I would like his chances better against Mr. Djokovic than Mr. Isner.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 03-15-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added a bit more to tie it in with the topic.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #268
country flag viruzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
If Djokovic gets past Almagro, and Isner beats Simon, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Mr. Isner against Mr. Djokovic. If Isner serves well and gets up on Djokovic after a tiebreaker, I could see an upset. I think Mr. Isner has improved his play and confidence substantially over the last year and has no problem playing well on slower high bouncing surfaces.

Edited: Sorry, a bit off topic for this thread...here, I'll tie it in . It's not a given that Mr. Federer will beat Mr. del Potro, but if he does, then makes it past the semifinal, I would like his chances better against Mr. Djokovic than Mr. Isner.

Respectfully,
masterclass
I think this is an interesting point.
In an scenario where Isner beats Djokovic (like Masterclass said: A possible one), I can't see any player beating an Isner who defeated Nole. I think Isner's confidence would be so strong he could beat Rafa/Roger/Delpo.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #269
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Mr. Viruzzz, the origin of the phrase "sick as a dog" probably comes from at least the 17th century and means very sick, especially with vomiting. Recall that British use ill to mean having a bad cold, but "sick" usually refers to vomiting. And if you think about how dogs are when they are sick, especially from some dietary cause, you can understand how the term came into being. In this sense, "sick as a dog" , is probably better said as "sick like a dog".

Actually Mr. CD, Mr. Federer has said that his illness is unrelated to the "virus" that has struck other players. He believes he has some form of longer lasting flu with some fever and other flu symptoms, and his whole family has been struggling with it. During the Belluci match, the cameras flashed over to Mrs. Federer yesterday semi-isolated in the stands, coughing while on her mobile phone.

Mr. Federer should probably be in bed resting, but these tennis players can be a stubborn lot sometimes, no matter how much money they've earned.

Respectfully,
masterclass
36 of last 38 matches. all he does is win. i believe he has a shot against d-pot and the clay warrior.

d-pot looks fatigued and exhausted and clay warrior is playing pathetic tennis. and he has his mind on the doubles. perhaps deep inside he is thinking that he will have trouble with no-djok again on hard curts. doubles eases the sting.

but either way, he lacks focus and confidence to go along with having little or no sense. i am pretty sure nalFATian is going to remove him from the singles competition tomorrow anyway.

nadal is returning like garbage, running around his backhand like there is no tomrrow, and has little or no depth in his ground game. and there is no sign of that forehand being where it needs to be against the top guns.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #270
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer will need Dodig-like balls if he is to win this whole thing. He needs to beat more 3 incredible players to win, and that's asking a lot given his condition right now. But against delPo in QF, I think he can win this still despite his health issues.

Sure Rafa is playing some mediocre tennis, but remember FitDave is long gone and the fact that he edged a few mental mugs en route to the QF doesn't say alot IMO -- would be a surprise to me even if FATian took a set off the Clay Warrior. So if Rafa does meet up with Fed in SF, I'm believing that it will be enough to stop him easily. If Fed wasn't ill, I would have begged to differ.

Other than that, I'm not looking anymore further ahead.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote