Indian Wells R2: [30] Roddick def. Kubot 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #31
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells R2: [30] Roddick def. Kubot 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3

Wow. A huge struggle for Roddick. Can't see him progressing much further on this form.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to win a lot of matches to get his confidence and his game to a good level but his problem is now that he is pretty low ranked and in R3 he has to deal with Berdych.With so many bad results lately he has to play top 10 players in early stages of big tournaments and if he doesn`t cause an upset he will lose early again.
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #33
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Predictable choke by Kubot when he was trying to serve it out. You just knew that Roddick would turn the match around from there, although he almost donated it back in the tiebreak (5-1* to 5-4**).

As others have said, impressive fighting from Roddick. But that is about it, unfortunately. The surface is slow, and his game looks particularly light-weight because of it. Kubot is a bigger player, and stronger physically, and it was interesting to see how much more penetration he was able to get on his groundstrokes, than Roddick. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence.

Berdych really should finish Roddick off in the next round, although it is interesting that Roddick has defeated him on two of the slowest surfaces in their matches (Miami and Davis Cup rubber).
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #34
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Terrific return game. Good serve. Awkward game. Defensive movement terrible though though, so stuck to slow courts, and screwed vs anyone who attacks him (which is why playing pushers like Roddick is great for him).
the enigma isn't his shots or game, don't know how to explain but when i see him can't take him for serious. like he is there to play few good points but to lose in the end, and he is conciliated with it
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

impressive win by Roddick. Not due to his level of tennis btw, which is as bad as I've ever seen him play. Seriously I was a bit shocked..
Got a few free points when Kubot was serving for the match, but from there on, he started playing alot more agressive, especially on the return. Don't really think this will do anything for his confidence though, Kubot should have won, but didn't.

I suggest hitting Berdych over the head while walking towards the court and hoping for a walk-over, because that's the only way I can see this Roddick beat him.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #36
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

kubot's not exactly a physical specimen but dick had to escape match point to avoid diving below the ranking of donald young.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #37
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
You can hate him all you want but that was one hell of an effort from Roddick.

Actually showed some glimpses of his old self too which was great, but lets be honest, overall it was an awful match.

Nice to see Andy's reaction when he won though, clearly shows how much this means to him.
Agree. He's been struggling badly with injuries and confidence so for him to tough out wins like this is always a positive. He could've just as easily lost this round but he dug deep to avoid that catastrophe.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #38
country flag Geo

Geo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious and embarrassing choke from Kubot Of Roddick's 5 wins this year (he's now 5-4), only 2 have been in straight sets (over Haase at the AO and Istomin in Delray Beach). Roddick's other 3 wins have all been comebacks from the brink of losing He's always been a fighter, but at this point, he's at the mercy of most players in the top 50 If they don't choke, he's gonna lose.
Geo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #39
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

what a choke could see it happening on 6-4 5-4 and the first point he volleyed about 1 meter long and he challenged it why didnt he just hold up a sign saying "CHOKING"

but much needed win for the world #31 and he should win next match as Berdych is an absolute clown in match ups v him
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #40
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

somehow, i doubt he was worried about winning and avoiding injury. dick just wants praise for being a rich lucky boy with money and another millionaire bitch in his bed.
i mean, he begged to use jeremy lin's locker, promote federer in their exhibition and then barely missed a ball girl's head when he flung his racket to show his appreciation of federina.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #41
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

Great fight Andy!
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #42
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Is the shirt or Roddick has a beer belly?

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #43
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

kubot is still best polish choker awful again

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #44
country flag cutesteve22

cutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond repute

damn, Kubot should have won it
cutesteve22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #45
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Kubot is not exactly Mr Mental Strength, so once he failed to serve for the match it was over for him.

Roddick is an idiotic jock who thinks he's funny but I have to give it to him: he's done great with no other weapon than his serve and he does give his best shot every time he's on court.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote