Food thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #16
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food thread

I tune in to MKR now and then, but only for the food, not the drama. TBH such shows are all scripted from the beginning till the end and the "drama" is only there to attract more viewers. It's like those reality shows where most sheep believe everything that happens in them is real.

Anyway, like I said earlier thursday night is good for the Luke Nguyen show, followed by the Food Safari straight after that. Most of the stuff they make isn't really practical in the real world, but the shows are still interesting and I picked up a few general cooking tips from them.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #17
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I love Spanish food, specially the Basque one I grew up with.

Bacalao al Pil-Pil (Cod with Pil-Pil Sauce)

Bacalao a la Vizcaína (Cod a-la Biscayan)

yes, there's a show about Pintxos in the Basque TV

My personal favorite which is called Sukalki, it's a meat ragú with vegetables.

You can find the most kickass Paellas in the Castellón area, some pretty close to the Villarreal stadium

And of course, the king of Spanish food: Iberian Ham.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I love Spanish food, specially the Basque one I grew up with.

Bacalao al Pil-Pil (Cod with Pil-Pil Sauce)

Bacalao a la Vizcaína (Cod a-la Biscayan)

yes, there's a show about Pintxos in the Basque TV

My personal favorite which is called Sukalki, it's a meat ragú with vegetables.

You can find the most kickass Paellas in the Castellón area, some pretty close to the Villarreal stadium

And of course, the king of Spanish food: Iberian Ham.
My God, that looks like heaven . Keep 'em coming.

Edit: And I have to say, on an extra note, that's probably the best fucking Paella I've ever seen in my life.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users

Last edited by BroTree123 : 03-09-2012 at 08:37 AM.
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

My God please lemme be go to Maine and Spain and Italy for the first time before i die, i promise i will be the most happiest person ever
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #20
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I tune in to MKR now and then, but only for the food, not the drama. TBH such shows are all scripted from the beginning till the end and the "drama" is only there to attract more viewers. It's like those reality shows where most sheep believe everything that happens in them is real.

Anyway, like I said earlier thursday night is good for the Luke Nguyen show, followed by the Food Safari straight after that. Most of the stuff they make isn't really practical in the real world, but the shows are still interesting and I picked up a few general cooking tips from them.
Yeah same, but drama I'm okay with at times. Still, it's hilarious and a personal honour to witness arrogant clowns and mugs losing in elimination rounds. The universe wins whenever that happens.

With regards to Luke Nguyen, I should get onto that shit. I've watched a different handful of cooking shows. Worst one's probably the ABC one "The Cook and the Chef". Dull, uninteresting. One gay guy (don't remember his name), but I guess I respect Maggie for her work. But the food they make is so damn retro, it's not funny.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #21
country flag BroTree123

Seared Scallop Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

I think it's a great idea for a starter.
Recipe can be found here: http://www.sugarlaws.com/seared-scallop-salad
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #22
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK9bjLy3v4

Thread over.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #23
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Red Lobster is one of my fave family resturants, was first opened in state of Maine(the best seafood ever ), pretty expensive IMO but still amazing

Lobster & Shrimp Linguini Alfredo

Bar Harbor Lobster Bake

Lobster Lover's Dream

heres the site if you wanna check it out
http://www.redlobster.com/
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #24
I wanna taste u.

Who doesnt love BACON
Quote:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #25
country flag BroTree123

Hahahahh oh God .

This is the dream I had last night.

BTW Dee, Red Lobster looks amazing. Should go there one day.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #26
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Finally the weather in Brisbane is permitting a Saturday BBQ. There will be lamb pieces prepared in basic marinate (salt, pepper, a little vinegar, chillies, paprika and garlic powder). Also some sausages as well for a bit of variety (only buy german and italian in deli shop, so they ARE good, not the standard charity BBQ budget nonsense).

Side dishes will be baked potatoes, which are cut into wedges and marinated in another marinate of salt/pepper/italian potato seasonings/paprika/garlic powder and any other spices I manage to find. Add oil and put into the oven @200 degrees for about an hour. Delicious.

Not a big fan of vegetables, but saldads WILL be there - as always basic - tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and lettuce seasoned with salt and plenty of oil.

Naturally, plenty of beer as well. I am not a big beer drinker, so at BBQs I usually down a glass of whiskey on an empty stomach, then have 2-3 beers with my food. I get the same buzz as my mates who drink shitload of beers over the whole dinner.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #27
I wanna taste u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Hahahahh oh God .

This is the dream I had last night.

BTW Dee, Red Lobster looks amazing. Should go there one day.
I would love to have that dream

You should its amazing

Also look up Olive Garden, my mom and i went there last week

I had Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara

My mom had Shrimp & Crab Tortelli Romana

For our appetizer we had Shrimp Fritta which was AMAZING
Quote:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Old 03-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #28
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Finally the weather in Brisbane is permitting a Saturday BBQ. There will be lamb pieces prepared in basic marinate (salt, pepper, a little vinegar, chillies, paprika and garlic powder). Also some sausages as well for a bit of variety (only buy german and italian in deli shop, so they ARE good, not the standard charity BBQ budget nonsense).

Side dishes will be baked potatoes, which are cut into wedges and marinated in another marinate of salt/pepper/italian potato seasonings/paprika/garlic powder and any other spices I manage to find. Add oil and put into the oven @200 degrees for about an hour. Delicious.

Not a big fan of vegetables, but saldads WILL be there - as always basic - tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and lettuce seasoned with salt and plenty of oil.

Naturally, plenty of beer as well. I am not a big beer drinker, so at BBQs I usually down a glass of whiskey on an empty stomach, then have 2-3 beers with my food. I get the same buzz as my mates who drink shitload of beers over the whole dinner.
Who doesn't love a Saturday barbie? Whoever doesn't, needs to have their head examined.

Anyways, so no seafood on the agenda there Doc?
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #29
Banned!

No, I dislike most seafood - and the things I actually like tend to be super expensive, so I eat them very rarely.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #30
I wanna taste u.

I dont really spend too much money, in resturants i like to look for specials and deals, places like Olive Garden and Red Lobster do have great deals for have a big nice meal, i like that
Quote:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com