Which was Roger's best match in 2011? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which was Roger's best match in 2011?

Doha F against Davydenko (6:3 6:4) 2 3.64%
AO QF against Wawrinka (6:1 6:3 6:3) 1 1.82%
FO SF against Djokovic (7:6 6:3 3:6 7:6) 46 83.64%
FO F against Nadal (5:7 6:7 7:5 1:6) 2 3.64%
USO against Monaco (6:1 6:2 6:0) 8 14.55%
Basel F against Nishikori (6:1 6:3) 4 7.27%
Paris R 16 against Gasquet (6:2 6:4) 1 1.82%
Paris SF against Berdych (6:4 6:3) 8 14.55%
WTF RR against Nadal (6:3 6:0) 22 40.00%
WTF F against Tsonga (6:3 6:7 6:3) 4 7.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #16
country flag frodohasthering

frodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond reputefrodohasthering has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which was Roger's best match in 2011?

definitely against djok semifinal fo
frodohasthering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the highlights again, that R.G. semi really was a great match. Easily the best match since the Nadal-Verdasco A.O. semi in 2009, possibly even its equal, and one of the finest 4-set matches in living memory, & probably the best match ever between Federer & Djoker. Undoubtedly the match of the year.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #18
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

RG match is the best if you evaluate the occasion . If you evaluate just Roger's performance it is not . When Fed is playing his absolute best tennis he doesn't lose the serve 4-5 times in the match . And there was also too many shanks in this match
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #19
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
RG match is the best if you evaluate the occasion . If you evaluate just Roger's performance it is not . When Fed is playing his absolute best tennis he doesn't lose the serve 4-5 times in the match . And there was also too many shanks in this match
He might on clay, against a great opponent on top form - as in this case.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for the French Open sf but didn't know you could vote for multiple matches
the Nadal match at the WTF was great
and also the Berdych match in Paris b/c I was there in person and was like this the whole time!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #21
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

WTF RR vs Nadal, RG against Nole.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Watching the highlights again, that R.G. semi really was a great match. Easily the best match since the Nadal-Verdasco A.O. semi in 2009, possibly even its equal, and one of the finest 4-set matches in living memory, & probably the best match ever between Federer & Djoker. Undoubtedly the match of the year.
Fully agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Hmmm... weren't those shanks a result of Roger's high-risk playing style on clay at that occasion? That IS the way - if not the only way - to get the job done, methinks.
At the RG semifinal, it worked. Quite often however, it doesn't, as became rather clear in the following final.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #23
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

RG def Djokovic.

Given the run of Nole, and his reaction.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #24
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

SF against Djokovic at the French Open. High quality tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #25
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

In match against Djokovic always was everything on Fed's racket, playing against Nole Roger always has a time for his shots and attacking tennis so it isn't so big surprise when Fed's playing great against him . On other side both Davydenko and Berdych put much more pressure on Fed with aggressive and attacking groundies and it's really hard to go on front step in exchanges against these two . Surely, they lose much more matches than Nole , against them Roger has better H2H than against nole, but when Davydenko and Berdych loosing matches they are loosing because of they own UE's , nobody beats these 2 with more than twice winners more than them, and they weren't playing badly at all . That's why these 2 wins are the most impressive this year
Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
and also the Berdych match in Paris b/c I was there in person and was like this the whole time!
I felt the same with the final against Nishikori in Basel which I attended live.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:12 AM   #27
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

I loved his performances in Paris against Richard and Tomas, and also that delicious battering of Monaco in USO, But the ones that stand out for me are of course the French Open SF and WTF RR against Nadal. But I choose the FO performance against Djokovic because of the lead up to it and the circumstances in which it was played. Roger was the clear underdog and he came up with an inspired performance to turn back the clock amid adoring French fans. The atmosphere, the setting and the sheer quality of the match- everything was perfect.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #28
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Cannot be objective about this ... it has to be the Nadal match at the WTF because I was there. The atmosphere was incredible - the place rocked to every one of Roger's whizz-bang shots. And .. big plus, there was some very vocal Spanish fans right behind us who, surprise surprise, went very quiet after the first set which made the whole thing even sweeter.

Happy Hols everyone.
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #29
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously RG SF was the best. I like Basel final against Nishikori, too. This is where Greaterer started to come back with his perfect tennis. Paris SF agains Berdych was a great show of Roger's best tennis. But WTF RR against Nadal was just disaster. I couldn't believe my eyes that I was watching Roger Federer playing that kind of tennis in this age. This made me optimistic about winning more than one more slam. If Roger can give his best like that in three GS matches(QF, SF, F) in a row, nobody can stop him from winning another slam.

79 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 21 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #30
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I fount this 3d just now. It is difficult to choose the best match.
For example against Monaco at USO it was extraterrestrial but quite an exibitin because the argentin wasn't able to stand up to his opponent. The matches of the final titles in the 2011 were amazing but I voted the RG semi against Nole.
I cosider it the best maybe because it was a GS and for the clay surface and because it was actually a big fight. It was also the defeating of the unbeatable Djokovic. This match will alway have a spetial place in my heart.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 147828_mdf34501_origh.jpg (299.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by mlrf11 : 03-06-2012 at 05:01 PM.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote