1994 WIMBLEDON ("FAST GRASS") vs. 2011 WIMBLEDON ("SLOW GRASS"): INTERESTING RESULTS - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #61
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994 WIMBLEDON ("FAST GRASS") vs. 2011 WIMBLEDON ("SLOW GRASS"): INTERESTING RESU

This is impressive
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #62
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994 WIMBLEDON ("FAST GRASS") vs. 2011 WIMBLEDON ("SLOW GRASS"): INTERESTING RESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
That was a very much an old school grass court with poor bounces and the Hewitt vs. Wawrinka match was just baseline tennis on bad bouncing grass in addition to this.
It´s tragedy to watch baseline tennis on fast grass with bad bounces. I would prefer Llodra-Stepanek there, or Tsonga-Federer from top guys. That match with Tomic wasn´t nothing great to watch, because they both slice a lot and bounce was bad and low, so if you want to play rallies with slices all the time is boring.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #63
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
It´s tragedy to watch baseline tennis on fast grass with bad bounces. I would prefer Llodra-Stepanek there, or Tsonga-Federer from top guys. That match with Tomic wasn´t nothing great to watch, because they both slice a lot and bounce was bad and low, so if you want to play rallies with slices all the time is boring.
I thought it was a great match actually.
Really showed off how brilliant Federer's footwork is.

The point I was making was not that serve stats won't improve - of course they will. My point was that the tennis does not become serve dominated. Sure if Karlovic plays on it, he's got a better chance of winning, but for the rest, it's not like suddenly Rafa will become Ivanisevic.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #64
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

And if Karlovic would win on that court, well surely that's what he deserves, since serve is his weapon.
He'll barely win matches on tour level clay tournies, so that's the whole point of having different surfaces.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote