Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimby - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #61
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

Good for you Roger Nadal can get one of his Spanish buddies to complete when will be a dull exho now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERBINATOR View Post
This Exho is being played in honor of Real Madrid's 110th anniversary

Roger supports Barcelona
No he isnt. I think he admires both, and isnt a tard of either. Rare when it comes to R-Mad and Barca.
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #62
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

Quote:
Originally Posted by randajad86 View Post
You really don't see any differences between exo match and regular tournament?
You really don't see that what keeps a player healthy is how he manages his off time and how he sets his training schedule for tournaments?!

After all, an exho isn't just going there and having fun. There is travelling, media appointments, greeting fans, breaking out of your training schedule/ routine. In other words, despite being called "exhibition" it is "work" for the players involved.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #63
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

From Rog's presser after the final in Dubai:

Quote:
Q. We heard yesterday that you refused to play an exhibition against Rafa in Spain in July. What were the reasons for saying no?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn't refuse. Don't place words in my mouth. I'm not saying you are, but I don't want that word going around Spain. I was excited about the idea. I mentioned dates I could do it. It was difficult to find the right dates. I don't know the latest actually. It might still happen. Might not. Maybe Rafa will do it with a different player.
But I have a busy schedule, and I think they were looking at a date between Wimbledon and the Olympics. I just felt it was a tough date, the one he gave me, so I don't know what exactly he is.
But maybe we've stopped talk or we're still talking. I'll see him in a few days and who knows if we'll all of a sudden have a solution or not.
I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be a solution found after all.
He sounds rather touchy about that 'refused', so I guess he really wants to do this. Hopefully they will be able to find an appropriate date for it, as in between Wimbledon and the Olympics is indeed the worst timing imaginable.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 03-04-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #64
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to invite the current number 1, you know for a bigger draw?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #65
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer
I didn't refuse. Don't place words in my mouth.
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #66
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
GOAT
- you may even think Rog reads MTF once in a while.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #67
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for alerting me to this massive scandal. It is good to know Fedal have a career in Jersey Shore after they retire from tennis.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #68
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Men's exhos are a waste of time because you know neither will give it a maximum effort and there will be no eye candy. That's why Wozniacki vs Sharapova is much better exho than Olderer/Duck for example. It's time Nadal abandons these useless exhibition matches and lets second tier players like Almugro or Fiasco play in Spain. Either that or at least get some mixed dubs going with Woz/Lisicki/Sharapova/Ivanovic etc.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #69
country flag Sillyrabbit

Sillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond repute

This was obviously a very well crafted plan by Nadal and Uncle Toni to place the exho at an awkward date so Federer can decline and everyone can hate him
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #70
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

With olympics coming up this was never going forward
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #71
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

So, Federer told nadal to piss off and Nadal decided to call Djokovic instead
Old 04-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #72
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I saw it in Spanish TV, can't remember which channel.
yes, but i meant, how do you really know?

federer is like a politician. he's a gentleman, he's from switzerland, everyone loves him.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #73
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Men's exhos are a waste of time because you know neither will give it a maximum effort and there will be no eye candy. That's why Wozniacki vs Sharapova is much better exho than Olderer/Duck for example. It's time Nadal abandons these useless exhibition matches and lets second tier players like Almugro or Fiasco play in Spain. Either that or at least get some mixed dubs going with Woz/Lisicki/Sharapova/Ivanovic etc.
players play exhos for the fat stacks. i'd do it too
Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #74
country flag EddieNero
Banned!

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Smart move from Fed. He needs to focus on major targets not useless exhos.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #75
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote