(500) Weeks of Roger - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
country flag Pipsy

Pipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default (500) Weeks of Roger

Hey All,

Haven't posted for a while but just thought I'd let you know that Roger Federer has now spent 500 calendar weeks in the top 10 during his career. What an achievement!

Congratulations to Roger and his fans! What number do you guys think he will reach by the end of his career?

A link to how he compares to other active players in this statistic can be found in one of my other threads http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=176322

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!

Statistics I maintain on MTF(updated to end of 2013)
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (500) Weeks of Roger

520 will mean something big : 10 years. Probably you can extend it to top 5 very soon. And not far from "in a row". He is in top ten since 14.10.2002
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And not far from "in a row". He is in top ten since 14.10.2002
And not far from 10 years in a row in the top 5 either.

February 17th of 2013 will be 10 years in the top 5. The last one to achieve this was Lendl.

He's had the best run since Sampras' 10 years 10 months in the top ten, missing a week at 7, which is best in the modern tour era.

Lendl was in the top 5 for just a little over 10 years consecutively.

Connors had a run from September 26th of 1973 to May 5th of 1986 in the top 5, a span of 12 years 7 months, which is the open-era record.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

tiger woods spent 623 weeks at #1
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #5
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Hollywood will make a rom com out of this in a few years. The question is which roles Rogi and Rafito will play. I see Rafito as more of the Joseph Gordan Levitt type.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #6
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

here's to hitting 1000 on this as well

just needs to stay in the top10 till he's 40
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

That would be an interesting interview.

"Hello Federer, how do you feel losing your 10th RG final?

"I feel excellent! This time I won a set against Rafa, I'm thrilled!"

"Are you aware you've now clinched 20 years in the top 5?"

"Nope, news to me."

"I heard Djokovic challenged you to a match on the blackrock tour"

"Again?"

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Hollywood will make a rom com out of this in a few years. The question is which roles Rogi and Rafito will play. I see Rafito as more of the Joseph Gordan Levitt type.

Ajde.
Its fun to think that Joseph Gordon Levitt is older than Federer but is known as one of the promising young actors! Federer is known as an old man or grandpa at 30, that is pretty sad.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
That would be an interesting interview.

"Hello Federer, how do you feel losing your 10th RG final?

"I feel excellent! This time I won a set against Rafa, I'm thrilled!"

"Are you aware you've now clinched 20 years in the top 5?"

"Nope, news to me."

"I heard Djokovic challenged you to a match on the blackrock tour"

"Again?"
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Its fun to think that Joseph Gordon Levitt is older than Federer but is known as one of the promising young actors! Federer is known as an old man or grandpa at 30, that is pretty sad.
not surprising really, because sports ≠ movies.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote