1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #46
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Copa Milo 2012 -G2-

PAPA (USA) defeated Thai-Son KWIATKOWSKI (USA) (5) 7-6(5) 6-4

Congrats to Spencer on the title Thai
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #47
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Usa F5

Congrats to Noah on his first future qualification . He did not drop more than 4 games per match, taking out the No.1 seed along the way. Unfortunately, he drew San Jose quarterfinalist No.6 seed Dimitar Kutrovsky .

Other notable junior that qualified: Mitchell Krueger (vs LL Harrison Adams).

Good luck to both.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #48
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Rubin reaches main singles draw at USTA event

Quote:
Noah Rubin, a high school student from Long Island, N.Y., celebrates his 16th birthday Tuesday.

Monday was a pretty eventful day for the young tennis standout, too, as he came through qualifying to earn a berth in the 32-player main draw of singles at the City of Brownsville Men’s USTA $15,000 Pro Circuit Tennis Tournament.

The main singles draw begins at 10 a.m. Tuesday, along with the 16-team doubles competition later in the day, and runs through Sunday at Brownsville Tennis Center. It’s the 11th straight year the event has visited Brownsville.

Along with Rubin, other players gaining entry into the main draw Monday through the qualifying portion of the tournament were Jonas Luetjen of Germany, Dean O’Brien of South Africa, Marcel theimann of Germany and Americans Nicholas Naumann, Vahid Mirzadeh, Mitchell Krueger and Tyler Hochwalt.

Rubin, ranked 28th in the world as an 18-and-under player, was especially pleased Monday about his visit to the Rio Grande Valley for his first USTA event after prevailing 6-1, 6-3 over Chris Kwon, the top-seeded player in the qualifying field. Kwon, 26, is a Maryland native who plays out of Boca Raton, Fla.

Rubin seemed to do a fairly good job of handling Kwon’s strong serve and didn’t commit quite as many unforced errors as his older opponent as the match went on.

Rubin went ahead 5-3 in the second set when Kwon couldn’t hold his serve. In the last game, Rubin led 40-love when Kwon’s return sailed about one foot too long on the final point, securing the match for the young New Yorker, who clinched his fist in triumph.

“Actually, this is was my first (USTA) Futures tournament, so I didn’t know what to expect,” Rubin said. “I felt that I played very well in the first set. Things went a little slow for me in the beginning of the second set, but I was consistent and played with the wind, which was a big factor.

“I stuck in the match and kept putting a lot of balls back on the court (with my returns),” he added. “I think the annoyance (of Kwon) came from me (continually) putting balls on the court. Things ended up well for me today.”

Rubin will have Tuesday to celebrate his birthday as his opening singles match in the main draw is scheduled for Wednesday against No. 6 seed Dimitar Kutrovsky of Bulgaria, a three-time NCAA All-America selection for the University of Texas-Austin. Kutrovsky is the winningest player in Longhorns history.

“My age is a difference because I’m pretty sure people know my age here,” said Rubin, who is coached by his father, Eric Rubin, and Lawrence Kleger. “I’ve been playing the ITF (juniors) circuit, so internationally-wise, I’m not as nervous about that, but I know these guys here are more experienced than me, and right now I’m just trying to get as much experience (on this level) as I can. I want to see how my game will evolve in these tournaments, and hopefully play better tennis as a result of it.
Link
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #49
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Usa F5

Noah lost 4-6 0-6. Mitchell won his first round 6-3 4-6 6-3 and lost in the second to Antoine BENNETEAU (7-6(4) 6-3).
Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #50
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Argentina Cup 2012 (G2 - Clay)

Code:
1st Round
Spencer PAPA (USA)           defeated Marcelo PLAZA (CHI)           6-1 6-4 
Martin REDLICKI (USA) [15]   BYE 
Fabien REBOUL (FRA)          defeated Daniel SHEBSHAYEVICH (USA)    6-3 6-3 
Luca CORINTELI (USA)         defeated Sebastian Exequiel PINI (ARG) 6-2 3-6 7-5 

2nd Round
Spencer PAPA (USA)           defeated Andre NAPOLITANO (BRA) [13]   6-0 6-1 
Martin REDLICKI (USA) [15]   defeated Francisco BAHAMONDE (ARG)     6-3 6-2 
Luca CORINTELI (USA)         defeated Tom HILL (GBR) [14]           6-3 6-3 

3rd Round
Mateo Nicolas MARTINEZ (ARG) [1] defeated Spencer PAPA (USA)        6-3 6-3 
Gabriel FRIEDRICH (BRA) [4]      defeated Martin REDLICKI (USA) [15]6-4 4-6 7-6(5) 
Pietro LICCIARDI (ITA) [2]       defeated Luca CORINTELI (USA)      6-3 6-2
Better luck next week.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:38 AM   #51
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Copa Milo 2012 -G2-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
PAPA (USA) defeated Thai-Son KWIATKOWSKI (USA) (5) 7-6(5) 6-4

Congrats to Spencer on the title Thai
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #52
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juniors: Noah Rubin, Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, and others

SapELee, though we both clearly pay close attention to American players at all levels, we somehow both missed some great results in the G4 in El Salvador this past weekend. Check it out
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #53
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Copa La Libertad ITF Junior 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
SapELee, though we both clearly pay close attention to American players at all levels, we somehow both missed some great results in the G4 in El Salvador this past weekend. Check it out
I usually pay more attention to larger events, but definitely great results there. Thanks for pointing it out.

Code:
1st Round
Runhao HUA (CHN)                  defeated Dylan NUNEZ (USA)                     6-3 6-4 
Michael MMOH (USA)                defeated Jorge Enrique GONZALEZ ARAMBURU (MEX) 6-2 6-0 
Daniel KERZNERMAN (USA)           defeated Atilio Jose FLORES (ESA)              6-0 6-0 
Justin BUTSCH (USA)               defeated Kenta KURITA (JPN)                    6-1 6-3 
Stefan Emilio GONZALEZ (GUA)      defeated Eduardo NAVA (USA)                    7-5 6-1 
Luke Jacob GAMBLE (USA) [10]      BYE 
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)            defeated Alberto Emmanuel ALVARADO LARIN (ESA) 6-1 6-3 

2nd Round
Michael MMOH (USA)         defeated Jose Pablo GIL (CRC) [8]                  6-1 6-3 
Daniel KERZNERMAN (USA)    defeated Patricio BETANCOURT GONZALEZ (MEX) [14]   6-3 6-1 
Justin BUTSCH (USA)        defeated Diego Omar NUNEZ FELIX (MEX) [7]          6-3 3-6 6-3 
Romai UGARTE (CHI)         defeated Luke Jacob GAMBLE (USA) [10]              6-3 6-1 
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)     defeated Ivar Jose ARAMBURU CONTRERAS (MEX) [2]    7-5 6-1 

3rd Round
Michael MMOH (USA)         defeated Andres ALFONZO PAREDES (VEN) [12]       7-6(4) 1-6 7-6(5) 
Walner ESPINOZA (PAN) [4]  defeated Daniel KERZNERMAN (USA)                 4-6 6-4 6-4 
Justin BUTSCH (USA)        defeated Gian ISSA (SUR) [9]                     6-4 6-4 
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)     defeated Thomas Adriano TENREIRO (VEN) [15]      2-6 6-3 6-4 

Quarterfinal
Santiago MUNOZ QUIROGA (MEX) [1]   defeated Michael MMOH (USA)                6-3 6-4 
Justin BUTSCH (USA)                defeated Walner ESPINOZA (PAN) [4]         6-3 6-2 
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)             defeated Luis Fernando GARCIA (PAN) [6]    6-4 7-5 

Semifinal
Santiago MUNOZ QUIROGA (MEX) [1]   defeated Justin BUTSCH (USA)               6-4 7-6(4) 
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)             defeated Alan NUNEZ AGUILERA (MEX) [13]    6-2 6-4 

Final 
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)             defeated Santiago MUNOZ QUIROGA (MEX) [1]  6-4 6-2
Impressive victory for Wiersholm and also great result for Mmoh. Congrats .
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #54
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Henrik Wiersholm

From Zootennis

Quote:
Fourteen-year-old Henrik Wiersholm won his first ITF title in El Salvador over the weekend, in only his second ITF tournament. Wiersholm qualified for the Grade 4 Copa La Libertad and dropped only one set in his nine wins. In the final, he beat 17-year-old top seed Santiago Munoz Quiroga of Mexico 6-4, 6-2.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #55
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Copa Universidad Galileo

Michael MMOH (USA) defeated Santiago MUNOZ QUIROGA (MEX) [1] 6-3 6-1

That was a quick revenge from last week .
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #56
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmoh and Wiersholm play each other in the semis in Guatemala
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #57
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I created a separate thread for the 1997-1998 Juniors here.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #58
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Great week for 15 yr old Jared Donaldson reaching the Semifinal of G2 in Uruguay .
Old 03-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #59
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Congrats to Ciro Riccardi on his Costa Rica title

From Zootennis:

Quote:

I mentioned yesterday that Ciro Riccardi was still entered in Mobile, despite his success at the ITF Grade 3 in Costa Rica. As a qualifier, he swept both titles at the tournament today, beating No. 4 seed Robert Livi, also of the US, 6-4, 6-2 for the singles championship. He was not able to get to Mobile until 5 p.m. on Sunday, too late for his singles match, so he had to withdraw. Of all the reasons to have to pull out of a tournament, that's certainly the best one. Riccardi and Justin Butsch won the doubles title over Jordi Arconada of Argentina and Alp Horoz of Turkey, the No. 4 seeds, 6-4, 7-5.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #60
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Congrats to Spencer on his 2nd title (42nd Banana Bowl)