My eating habits. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Does Filo V. have an eating disorder?

Yes 15 65.22%
No 4 17.39%
I'm not a doctor, why ask me? 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #16
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I have a developed 6 pack, though. I do some light exercise at home like crunches and jogging around the block, but I don't like going to the gym, because it's work and I'm averse to doing anything related to work.
actually a lot of people become exercise junkies -- you get a kind of high from working out (once you get conditioned and used to it). So it doesn't feel like work at all. I've been in that place (though god knows I'm not there right now -- far from it ) and it really is a good feeling. You feel mighty.

Then again, given how obsessively you control your eating, maybe you're aware that you would become an obsessed fitness nut who ends up overtraining, so that's why you stay away from it.
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #17
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
You definitely have a bad attitude towards food, but so do I. Are you intentionally maintaining your body weight at a BMI below the 85th percentile? If you're at least at a healthy weight, then there's no big issue yet.
I don't even know what my weight is, I haven't checked it in a long time, but I think it's somewhere in the 155 lbs range. I computed it into the BMI chart and I was right on the underweight/normal weight line. I really love food, actually, but I hate what bad food does to your body. It's more that I am obsessed with my appearance and will sacrifice food for improving my looks. I'm not really intentionally doing anything other than eating as much as I can to stay alive yet maintain/lose weight.

Quote:
But where is the iron in your diet? Calcium? Vegetables other than leafy ones?
Honestly, I don't know much about these things. I really don't think about anything other than calories in/calories out, and keeping fat/sodium/sugar/cholesterol levels down. Everything I eat is tailored to maintaining and losing weight, specifically face weight, and having a slim and structured face.

With that being said, oatmeal is my main source of iron; I like broccoli and cauliflower, I eat peppers a fair bit because it's spice, and I like spice because it quickens metabolism. I guess oatmeal is my #1 source of calcium too. It's not something I think about, really. Which is bad, but it goes with my entire mentality, which is, I only care about my appearance. Health, I care about, but my primary focus is my face and looks in general.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #18
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
Why don't you eat more? Man I think you might have an eating disorder. Not sure, but I think you eat too little...

Go to a nutricionist and start eating more. And go to the gym if you care so much about your look
Eat healthy, but eat MORE.
I would eat more, but now that I have eaten the way I have for so long, if I boost up my eating levels, I'll gain weight immediately. So now I'm basically forced into eating this way. I should definitely go to a nutritionist, though. Who would tell me I'm under-eating and the healthy way to lose weight is slow and gradually. It's a combo of paranoia, laziness and lack of patience that leads me to eating like this.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #19
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I went to the gym quite a bit and was working out a fair bit during the summer last year, until around October/November. Then I just stopped doing it. What I was doing was running for at least 30 minutes, and then doing many cardio exercises and some weight training. What I would do was eat a bit more, not overwhelming, but I had sushi and tuna, bananas and apple sauce, I ate spaghetti and chicken more often. I had chicken, stuffing, mac-n-cheese for Thanksgiving. But then I'd exercise a ton and work it off, and if I didn't exercise, I'd feel like shit, physically, emotionally and mentally. Now over the past about month, I've cut back even more, and in the process, lost weight.

Going to the gym felt extremely forced for me because I had/have absolutely no interest in doing it, but I'm going to have to do it and I will work it into my plans; I can begrudgingly make myself do it, and try to realize at the end of the day, it's beneficial for me to do so. But I don't consider going to the gym a tradeoff for eating more. I'm still going to eat within the range of foods I eat now, and work out also.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #20
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I think more than an eating disorder you have an obsession with looking good, narcissism and you care too much about what people think about your looks.

For what I can see here, people eat too little LOL, I have lots of vegetables, seafood and like to make most things from scratch if I can but since I grew up with a Mediterranean diet and I exercise quite a bit + my metabolism being fast then I can pretty much eat what I want (even if I really don't like greasy food but for the taste) without thinking "OMG THIS IS GOING TO MY HIPS!"

Honestly, you would die knowing what I eat daily

It is important to look good FOR YOURSELF but when your self-esteem is only linked to that, you know you have a problem, and it's not like BITCH PLEASE I DO WHAT I WANT, cutting up so much in your meals might give you health issues like gastritis.

Learn to like more things about yourself than being just a pretty boy (BTW: most of the skinny ones are really unappealing for both sexes) and try to enjoy food, not suffer through it.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #21
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

your photo please

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

You're attitude towards food is very negative. Essentially, cutting back after one or two indulgences does nothing for your weight and/or metabolism. In fact cutting back shocks your body into a fat preservation mode as it has had a minimal amount of caloires to fuel basic everyday functions. Essentially, I would say you do have a eating disorder of some sort, but it's good that you recognise this pattern of eating as potentially dangerous, understanding is the first stage of developing a healthy diet.

If you want to keep your weight down for purely cosmetic reasons then, calculate your BMR (base metabolic rate) then from that use a simple equation to calculate your calorie needs for a sedentry day, if you keep within your limit you will maintain and even lose a little weight. Calories in/Calories out is the fundamental rule of weight loss, you will have a set limit and anything over that limit you will begin to gain weight. For a healthy average man, the calorie needs falls in around 2200-2500 a day depending on height and weight. If you do a little exercise or even alot that amount increases and if you eat no more you will lose weight. Weight loss is a numbers game.

But my third point is, if you exercise moderately everyday (say, 30 mins a day) you will be able to eat a normal varied diet with some indulgences and not even have to worry about weight gain, don't beat yourself up over what is considered to be beautiful or not. Exercise, enjoy the good things in life and you'll be a more attractive person.

Hope this helps!
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

OK, so I basically realized today that it was my lack of eating that was the primary reason I lacked energy in a serious way, got dizzy and had headaches recently, and felt badly. I got a really good sleep and wanted to test myself and see what was causing it: a lack of sleep or metabolism issues. I had an apple for breakfast and two bottles of water in 3 hours and felt pretty horrible pretty quickly. Now I just had a bowl of oatmeal, I'd say in-between small and medium sized, and I feel significantly better. So, I have the answer----I need to eat a bit more to feel better and not kill myself. I'll eat more to survive but I still will continue to scrimp as much possible with my eating habits, just not cross the line into total starvation.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
actually a lot of people become exercise junkies -- you get a kind of high from working out (once you get conditioned and used to it). So it doesn't feel like work at all. I've been in that place (though god knows I'm not there right now -- far from it ) and it really is a good feeling. You feel mighty.
Yeah, I know about exercise junkies, plenty of them in the gay community We call them gym bunnies, basically the guys that are the most drooled over, spend their afternoons in the gym working on their bodies to look perfect, and have magical muscle tone and form. The problem is that I'm so incredibly lazy, and that for me to actually maintain this routine, I'd need to be motivated in what I'm doing. If I don't really want to do something I won't do it or I'll make myself do it, but not nearly as well as I could/should. I have no motivation to go to the gym at all, but I'll have to force myself to do it, so we'll see if I can develop some sort of motivation surrounding it.

Quote:
Then again, given how obsessively you control your eating, maybe you're aware that you would become an obsessed fitness nut who ends up overtraining, so that's why you stay away from it.
In fact, interesting you said this, when I was training, and going to the gym and doing cardio exercises at home, I'd overdo it all the time. I was going to the gym and doing at-home exercise a fair bit last summer, through October/November or so...............and I was eating more foods. I would have sushi, bananas, more eggs, I had apple sauce, baked beans and lasagna. I ate turkey, stuffing and mac-n-cheese during Thanksgiving. The thing is, I would eat this, and then I'd run for 30 minutes-1 hour, then do a lot of cardio and some strength training. So I'd work out for like 2 hours overall, or at least until I got lightheaded and until basically I was physically maxed out. I'd push myself beyond my limits, and if I didn't work out after eating foods that I considered less healthy, I'd feel like shit afterward, physically, emotionally and mentally. Then I just stopped doing it, and started eating less instead and changing my diet plan even more, eliminating most foods, and including more apples, strawberries, green food more often. I don't really know why I stopped, it wasn't like I consciously chose to do so, but it was pretty abrupt, and I haven't picked it back up.

As long as I have my six-pack and thin face, I couldn't really care less about anything else. That is my entire motivation, and whichever way I can maintain these features and improve them is what I will do.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #25
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I think more than an eating disorder you have an obsession with looking good, narcissism and you care too much about what people think about your looks.
I agree with your first point, I do have an obsession with looking good. But what I will say is: Is there a problem with being concerned with how others see you? I want to look presentable and attractive. I don't want to be considered ugly. I want men to hit on me and I want to be seen as attractive. I don't really see the problem in that and don't consider it narcissistic to wish to be attractive with all the benefits that come with being attractive. Being hot has so many pluses and also helps with self-esteem, so why shouldn't anyone do their part to focus on this?

Quote:
For what I can see here, people eat too little LOL, I have lots of vegetables, seafood and like to make most things from scratch if I can but since I grew up with a Mediterranean diet and I exercise quite a bit + my metabolism being fast then I can pretty much eat what I want (even if I really don't like greasy food but for the taste) without thinking "OMG THIS IS GOING TO MY HIPS!"
You don't seem to have too unhealthy a diet, and you work out. Plus you make food from scratch which SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the unhealthy factor of a lot of foods that would be more unhealthy otherwise; fewer trans fats, fewer additives and preservatives. I should make more food from scratch so I can enjoy food I like without worrying about my weight when eating it.

Quote:
Honestly, you would die knowing what I eat daily
I'd probably freak out majorly

Quote:
It is important to look good FOR YOURSELF but when your self-esteem is only linked to that, you know you have a problem, and it's not like BITCH PLEASE I DO WHAT I WANT, cutting up so much in your meals might give you health issues like gastritis.
Eh............we all have our things that make us tick. For me and others, it's our looks. I don't consider that a negative thing.

I know it's unhealthy to cut foods out the way I have and cut the amount I eat per day. It's all a plus/minus system. Pluses=I lose weight and maintain my face structure and ab definition. Minuses=I don't feel as well physically and am causing potential irreversible health damage. As of right now, my priorities leads me to accept the pluses and deal with the minuses. Is that necessarily a good thing? Probably not at the end of the day. But I look good, so quite frankly, it's worth it to me.

Quote:
Learn to like more things about yourself than being just a pretty boy (BTW: most of the skinny ones are really unappealing for both sexes) and try to enjoy food, not suffer through it.
I like other aspects of myself, but it's my looks that are going to get me places. Sex sells. It's 2012. You have to be bringing more to the table than being a nice guy to make it, and I have the ace in my back pocket: my looks, plus I love looking good, so it's really just a perfect storm that has come together that leads me to focus on my appearance as much as I do. However, I agree that the skinny look isn't really in. I've lost almost all of my fat and now it's time to tone up and gain some sexy definition with my abs, chest, arms and legs. Plus I want to improve my ass and make it thicker.

I enjoy what I eat, I like eating, but I don't like eating more than I like being attractive and I'm willing to make sacrifices to maintain my appearance.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #26
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
You're attitude towards food is very negative. Essentially, cutting back after one or two indulgences does nothing for your weight and/or metabolism. In fact cutting back shocks your body into a fat preservation mode as it has had a minimal amount of caloires to fuel basic everyday functions. Essentially, I would say you do have a eating disorder of some sort, but it's good that you recognise this pattern of eating as potentially dangerous, understanding is the first stage of developing a healthy diet.
Oh, I've known the entire time that my eating habits aren't healthy I've just basically traded health for appearance. I made the conscious choice to put everything else to the side and focus on my looks. I also agree, that ultimately, not eating anything after eating a lot is actually harmful and causes your body to retain the fat from the food you did indulge in. Therefore, I'm just going to stop indulging and eat a moderate amount every day and I won't have to worry about any of this.

Quote:
If you want to keep your weight down for purely cosmetic reasons then, calculate your BMR (base metabolic rate) then from that use a simple equation to calculate your calorie needs for a sedentry day, if you keep within your limit you will maintain and even lose a little weight. Calories in/Calories out is the fundamental rule of weight loss, you will have a set limit and anything over that limit you will begin to gain weight. For a healthy average man, the calorie needs falls in around 2200-2500 a day depending on height and weight. If you do a little exercise or even alot that amount increases and if you eat no more you will lose weight. Weight loss is a numbers game.
OK, so I did the calculations, and it says I have to eat over 2000 calories, which sounds disgusting. I haven't had more than 1200-1500 at most in A LONG TIME. And if I plan on indulging a bit during the day, I don't eat anything other than that indulgence to keep calories down. Calories in/calories out, that's been my focus, and I've been eating a low amount of calories; that leads to weight loss. Weight loss is a numbers game, but the numbers you have to play to be healthy and lose weight are where I get tripped up. Because I'd like to lose weight as easily and quickly as possible without doing any work.

It's all in my head. Everything you've said I've known. I can eat 1800 calories a day, and still maintain and lose weight, but since I'm underweight, my body will start grasping onto the food I eat if I start really boosting my food intake and I'll gain weight. I've been eating like this for approaching 2 years now. Your metabolism readjusts itself and your body needs less to survive on once you eat the way I have for the extended period I have.

Also, it's crazy, but I have no clue how I could eat 2000+ calories a day, or how anyone could, unless they eat garbage. It honestly makes me want to throw up thinking about.

Quote:
But my third point is, if you exercise moderately everyday (say, 30 mins a day) you will be able to eat a normal varied diet with some indulgences and not even have to worry about weight gain, don't beat yourself up over what is considered to be beautiful or not. Exercise, enjoy the good things in life and you'll be a more attractive person.
The exercising is the main key. I am going to force myself to exercise, because I have to, to get in the best shape possible, and tone my body. But I don't see exercise as a justification to dramatically boost food intake or start eating foods I've cut out. I think that eating a moderate amount AND working out is best because now you will lose weight in both ways, from diet and from working out, plus you'll gain tone and look sharp.

I shouldn't beat myself up about what is considered beautiful, but for me, I can't enjoy life if I don't feel beautiful. Beauty is what makes life grand, in general. That's why I am so focused on my looks more than anything else. Beauty, whether physical beauty, the beauty of an individuals' personality, whatever the case may be, is what separates a truly attractive person from the rest of the crowd.

Thank you, you have helped a lot and I've figured out how I'm going to plan my entire food situation now!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

I eat about five times the calories Filo V does per day. I'm not overweight, and fairly physically fit. I do have a fast metabolism though.

Oh yeah, and I change what I eat constantly, giving a list would be impossible for me, lol. I guess I eat a shit ton of pasta, curries, fish, and dairy products, but really I eat anything and everything. Love food, and have almost no dislikes.

I'd say to Filo V that you probably don't (yet) have anorexia, but you are on a path which may lead you there. Its a terrible disease, my sister has been fighting it for three years or so now. So be wary.

My advice would be that you have a distorted view of how much potential damage to your 'looks' food does, and that to many people very skinny is just as ugly as very fat.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #28
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
your photo please
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I agree with your first point, I do have an obsession with looking good. But what I will say is: Is there a problem with being concerned with how others see you? I want to look presentable and attractive. I don't want to be considered ugly. I want men to hit on me and I want to be seen as attractive. I don't really see the problem in that and don't consider it narcissistic to wish to be attractive with all the benefits that come with being attractive. Being hot has so many pluses and also helps with self-esteem, so why shouldn't anyone do their part to focus on this?

You don't seem to have too unhealthy a diet, and you work out. Plus you make food from scratch which SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the unhealthy factor of a lot of foods that would be more unhealthy otherwise; fewer trans fats, fewer additives and preservatives. I should make more food from scratch so I can enjoy food I like without worrying about my weight when eating it.

I'd probably freak out majorly

Eh............we all have our things that make us tick. For me and others, it's our looks. I don't consider that a negative thing.

I know it's unhealthy to cut foods out the way I have and cut the amount I eat per day. It's all a plus/minus system. Pluses=I lose weight and maintain my face structure and ab definition. Minuses=I don't feel as well physically and am causing potential irreversible health damage. As of right now, my priorities leads me to accept the pluses and deal with the minuses. Is that necessarily a good thing? Probably not at the end of the day. But I look good, so quite frankly, it's worth it to me.

I like other aspects of myself, but it's my looks that are going to get me places. Sex sells. It's 2012. You have to be bringing more to the table than being a nice guy to make it, and I have the ace in my back pocket: my looks, plus I love looking good, so it's really just a perfect storm that has come together that leads me to focus on my appearance as much as I do. However, I agree that the skinny look isn't really in. I've lost almost all of my fat and now it's time to tone up and gain some sexy definition with my abs, chest, arms and legs. Plus I want to improve my ass and make it thicker.

I enjoy what I eat, I like eating, but I don't like eating more than I like being attractive and I'm willing to make sacrifices to maintain my appearance.
Wanting to look good is not a crime, in fact it is good because you don't have to let yourself go, the issue is when you care more about your looks than your health, you can mantain a good physical appareance without really starving.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
your photo please
Good things come to those who wait