"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 305 80.47%
Leave them as they are 74 19.53%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #436
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts" thread

some of those complaints are not legitimate great tennizen, general shankar..

fish is a one dimensional player who is highly overrated. guys like him and roddick get huge mileage from their serves.

fed really has no business complaining at all. he is the one who is sitting on 16 slams--the most singles slams in history.

more next time. basically with the runaway speed and pwer in the game, you need slightly slower courts so the game/tennis can actually be played or you risk losing the global appeal of the sport.

so fed, fish, and some of the other players really need to shut the hell up.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #437
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin View Post
This is all about betting and guessing anyway. I could come up right now with some "arguments" pulled from my behind. One can surely guess and argue at the same time, it's fun or waste of time, anyway you want to look at it, but it can't be taken too seriously.
Of course it is, and I have no problem with that. It's annoying when some pompous clown comes and proclaims his guesses are superior to everything else/whoever disagrees is a tard.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #438
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Of course it is, and I have no problem with that. It's annoying when some pompous clown comes and proclaims his guesses are superior to everything else/whoever disagrees is a tard.
It's simple Djokovic fans think tennis is great at the moment and the surfaces are brilliant as they are.

But don't forget there was actual very diverse playing styles on clearly defined surfaces, that's why it's much easier to get the career slam or is Fed a pompous clown for suggesting he benefited from the homogenisation. You know he actually started playing before the surfaces were homogenised.

Djokovic and Nadal didn't, but hey of course they will play exactly the same way and have exactly the same results with faster hardcourts, carpet and lower bouncing grass.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #439
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

fish is a one dimensional player who is highly overrated. guys like him and roddick get huge mileage from their serves.

fed really has no business complaining at all. he is the one who is sitting on 16 slams--the most singles slams in history.

more next time. basically with the runaway speed and pwer in the game, you need slightly slower courts so the game/tennis can actually be played or you risk losing the global appeal of the sport.

concurred.....fed and his followers are just being bitter.....i had no idea that fish cried his bit in this matter as well.....no wonder he did.....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #440
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Federer has a playing style that is heavily skewed towards fast conditions. How is this even debatable? Some people will argue anything on the internet.
What fast conditions? Is his slice and dice part of "fast conditions" ? And he didn't seem to like when Nole blasted him in the last USO.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #441
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
It's simple Djokovic fans think tennis is great at the moment and the surfaces are brilliant as they are.

But don't forget there was actual very diverse playing styles on clearly defined surfaces, that's why it's much easier to get the career slam or is Fed a pompous clown for suggesting he benefited from the homogenisation. You know he actually started playing before the surfaces were homogenised.

Djokovic and Nadal didn't, but hey of course they will play exactly the same way and have exactly the same results with faster hardcourts, carpet and lower bouncing grass.
I guess you think that tennis gods conspired to make Nole the top player. I also doubt that you were making this stuff up when Federer was a top player 5 years ago? Putting faster conditions whatever that means to 2 fastest players out there will only make them more dominant, not less . What are you going to complain about then, moon season, wind, planet alignment, aliens?
Or you want to go back to the old days where so called top players didn't even play half a season, where players were limited and had no pressure, avoided other top players and fans didn't even know half the players in the top 10?
I don't think you are looking for variety , you are looking for the same old and limited and puff competition so that your favourite(s) can win .
Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #442
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't believe nadull would be successfully on old grass
And his game to LIMITED to adapt to the various faster low bouncing grass .
His serve generally is WTA standard and crushed by a good returner
Ferret/Davy /Novak.
Nadull has good natural movement on grass/ natural surfaces
Similar to Borg . Borg won 5 Wimby titles. Borg won titles
Predominately from the baseline but won good At net .unlike nadull.
However Borg won something like 21 indoor titles
Proving he can play on fast low bouncing surfaces besides grass
So it's no stretch that he could transfer his skill to grass .
Nadull however has just 1 indoor title in indoors , despite no carpet
And slower conditions . So it's difficult to give him the benefit
Of the doubt that he could adapt to fast low bouncing grass like
Top spin baseliner BORG.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #443
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
what do you think you are?
I know I'm not some clown arguing nonsensical viewpoints on the Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Nope, sorry Lengtard, but your whole post is based on a bunch of assumptions and guess-work, presented to look as hard cold facts. In the end it's still a guesswork and what-ifs.
You mean TRIPtard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
based on what results exactly do you base your claim that fed is a fast courts player?
You are seriously suggesting that he's not? Please think hard about your response before you reply.

Quote:

Didn't bother reading this whole shit but just wanted to say that fed didn't complain as much he made a comment. And obviously Fish's playing style is more suited for fast courts.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #444
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
What fast conditions? Is his slice and dice part of "fast conditions" ? And he didn't seem to like when Nole blasted him in the last USO.
Having match points = blasted now? Oh wait weren't you the same clown who claimed that Fed's main shot is his backhand slice?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #445
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Last year's USO was slow as fuck.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #446
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Some Nadtards keep on saying Fed didn't win Wimby on fast grass, but were the balls similar already in '03 as they are now?

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #447
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Some Nadtards keep on saying Fed didn't win Wimby on fast grass, but were the balls similar already in '03 as they are now?
Those Slazenger balls have been shit for a few decades now.

The slowing of the courts really only started after that 94 final with Sampras and Goran. They slowed it slightly each year since then, before converting to the different grass in 2001. The 2000 final under the night with Sampras-Rafter sort of closed an era, and the 01 event was very transition, with Fed beating Sampras and Ivanisevic finally winning that epic.

Then from 02 to present, it has been all baseliners winning Wimbledon. Except Fed in 03 who still came to the net.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #448
country flag munZe konZa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Last year's USO was slow as fuck.

It wasn't slow when Nole won those match points , poor Federer didn't even move
Old 02-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #449
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Those Slazenger balls have been shit for a few decades now.

The slowing of the courts really only started after that 94 final with Sampras and Goran. They slowed it slightly each year since then, before converting to the different grass in 2001. The 2000 final under the night with Sampras-Rafter sort of closed an era, and the 01 event was very transition, with Fed beating Sampras and Ivanisevic finally winning that epic.

Then from 02 to present, it has been all baseliners winning Wimbledon. Except Fed in 03 who still came to the net.
The homogenization of surfaces undermines the purpose of different surfaces. The only reason to have grass courts at Wimby is traditions. Otherwise we could as well have clay courts there and the game wouldn't be any different. And having different kinds of balls to homogenize play is just as stupid. Come on, what's then the point in having different surfaces? Maybe the only ones who don't want more variety in surfaces are Nadtards and Noletards, and the ones running pro tennis business.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #450
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
It wasn't slow when Nole won those match points , poor Federer didn't even move

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote