Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is it a burden?

No way, im not a narcisist, im always happy if a guy likes me! 1 7.69%
Yes, a real burden, just ruins the friendship a lot of the time 10 76.92%
No guy friend has ever told me that 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #106
country flag Raige

Raige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

The poll results suggest only two people are actually being honest. The other 8 are lying scum.

Honesty reduces my RAGE - I dislike those two people.

The power has always been in your hands

Embrace it

-Raige
Raige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #107
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raige View Post
The poll results suggest only two people are actually being honest. The other 8 are lying scum.

Honesty reduces my RAGE - I dislike those two people.
Ok this is a new one...

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #108
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious contributions left and right in this thread for sure, but I for one will give my 2 cents seriously.

This is what I want to say, 2003:
I don't think you are asking the right question. Of course the ladies will feel awkward and weird if someone they get confessed to by someone they consider a friend.
The question you SHOULD be asking yourself is: are the feelings you have for the girl so strong that you cannot enjoy spending time with her as only a friend any longer? Because if that is the case, then sadly your friendship is already ruined (in the way that it will never be the same again, that is). And you will only torment yourself by keeping that stuff a secret for too long.

Yes, I have fallen in love with a female friend. I confessed, fully aware that she might not feel the same (not 100% sure though since there were certain signs). Eventually I got turned down.
Today we are friends again. Not as close as we once were (and I don't think we ever will be), but I still think it was worth confessing. How so, you ask? Because acting like I wasn't in love with her would have been too painful and, in the end, wouldn't have been fair towards her either since I was only pretending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times, October 2014
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #109
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Eventually I got turned down.
MR MTF voters are in shock right now..

You were like, totally MR MTF most elligable batchelor

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #110
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had that plenty of times, it wasnt great and it wasnt comfortable at all, i mean the guy wanted to have sex with me, and he was one of my bestest friends
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #111
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

when I was in high school I had a male friend who said he liked me. I was just starting to be a bit interested in this other guy, so I told my friend I wasn't really feeling it and just wanted to stay friends. He said okay and he never acted any differently with me. We are still friends now, 20 years on. He never lost interest in being my friend and was always there for me. Even when that boyfriend left me and I was crushed, my male friend was very supportive and never tried to "move in" on me in a weak moment or anything like that.

It's a great feeling to know you can trust someone completely; you can trust them with your life. They don't desert you and they don't take advantage. Guys seem to understand this in guy/guy friendships: you see those movies with two guys in some war zone or burning building. No matter how bad it is, when you turn around... the other person is there; they have your back. They will never sell the other person out or betray them. When girls look for this kind of loyalty from men (either in friendship or marriage), the guys just look totally puzzled, like we are not even the same species.

Everybody just wants someone they can trust who won't disrespect them or sell them out (and of course you would do the same for them). I don't know why it's so hard to understand.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #112
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
Ive had that plenty of times, it wasnt great and it wasnt comfortable at all, i mean the guy wanted to have sex with me, and he was one of my bestest friends
So much for BFF
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #113
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
So much for BFF
Why would i have sex with a guy i considered to be like a brother more than just a friend, i mean if i had sex with a guy who is considered to be a brother to me the sex will feel awkward and just plain wrong really
Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #114
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
MR MTF voters are in shock right now..

You were like, totally MR MTF most elligable batchelor
At first I was unsure whether this was sarcasm or not. 2003 is a decent chap though so I'll go with "not". Anyways I might be an okay guy and I have lots of female friends but no girlfriend at the moment. I tend to end up in the friend zone a lot. Which btw is not something I'm bummed out about at all. I really like it there 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times, October 2014
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote