Increasing Political Correctness - Doing harm to the Sporting entertainment form? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
country flag Raige

Raige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond reputeRaige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Increasing Political Correctness - Doing harm to the Sporting entertainment form?

It pains me to look at the state of Sports these days - There is a severe lack of conflict in any sport you watch, and even when a spark of something appears, the 'offenders' are ruled bad for the sport and have it lingering over their heads possibly their entire career.

Gone are the days when Sportsmen can give honest opinions about the sport and their fellow competitors - who can blame Federer and Nadal for being such gigantic charismatic sissies in front of the media?

Even boxing - A sport where tough words and tough action and fireworks has been reduced to competitors having to defend their words and actions after being reprimanded by political correctness. Bringing the sport into disrepute they say? Igniting the fire back into the current cowardly sporting world is what I say.

Bring back the fiery days of old where JMac and Connors verbally brawled, mentally psyched out and insulted their way to victory, while entertaining us at the same time.

Sport without strength and destructive passion may as well just be other forms of interpretive dance.

The power has always been in your hands

Embrace it

-Raige
Raige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Increasing Political Correctness - Doing harm to the Sporting entertainment form?

There's always Serena!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Increasing Political Correctness - Doing harm to the Sporting entertainment form?

Back in the day, people bitched and complained about too much clowning from guys like Connors, JMac, Nastase, etc., and longed for the days of the gentleman tennis player.

Now, all we have is gentleman players, and we are bitching that we need for entertaining players. We never know what we want, do we?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Some of each maybe? Agassi/Becker vs Sampras/Chang?

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Back in the day, people bitched and complained about too much clowning from guys like Connors, JMac, Nastase, etc., and longed for the days of the gentleman tennis player.

Now, all we have is gentleman players, and we are bitching that we need for entertaining players. We never know what we want, do we?
Heheh. So true.

OP: set your hopes on Tomic. He seems to be promising.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote