Off Topic Chat Thread - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #196
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

I wish I could go but i'm too busy. Btw, hey mods, sticky this thread in the same area where the introduction thread is please. My 600th post!
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #197
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Provincial playdowns are in motion for the women this week

i really hope someone stops that dreadful cow jen jones from making it back. I realize alot of casul curling fans and maybe some of you on here like her but i really cant stand her and her little puppet kaitlyn lawes. Would love to see chelsey carey break through

also, i know its not really off topic but is anyone else following the womens event at the AO this year and do you have a pick for who you'd want to see win if you are?

im pulling for kim since its her last season but honestly anyone other than azarenka at this point would be fine (sorry snowwy)
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #198
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post

i really hope someone stops that dreadful cow jen jones from making it back. I realize alot of casul curling fans and maybe some of you on here like her but i really cant stand her and her little puppet kaitlyn lawes. Would love to see chelsey carey break through

also, i know its not really off topic but is anyone else following the womens event at the AO this year and do you have a pick for who you'd want to see win if you are?

im pulling for kim since its her last season but honestly anyone other than azarenka at this point would be fine (sorry snowwy)
Azarenka over Kvitova was my pre-tournament final, I know its not all that risky but I still am hoping for this.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #199
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I like Sharapova to win but if she lost in SF, then Vika will be my choice.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #200
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

I was always a fan of Lisicki, she is hot! Too bad she lost to Sharapova, who has a face of a bitch.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #201
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

Clijsters or Kvitova for me.

If that was the final, it'd be great
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #202
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The Newfoundland(and PEI but that's not what I'm gonna talk about) playdowns were last week. I went down to watch the semi. Both teams were quite dredful, so I'm more than pleased that Heather Strong who made it directly to the final won, I didn't get to watch her play but she couldn't have been as bad as the 2 who were in the semi. Though I will admit some of the awfulness was probably due to the ice, there was like no curl whasoever.

I agree about Jen Jones, I can't stand her either. I hated Colleen too though, must be something with the name Jones that I dislike. Though I did like Jughead Jones in the Archie comics growing up

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #203
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
The Newfoundland(and PEI but that's not what I'm gonna talk about) playdowns were last week. I went down to watch the semi. Both teams were quite dredful, so I'm more than pleased that Heather Strong who made it directly to the final won, I didn't get to watch her play but she couldn't have been as bad as the 2 who were in the semi. Though I will admit some of the awfulness was probably due to the ice, there was like no curl whasoever.

I agree about Jen Jones, I can't stand her either. I hated Colleen too though, must be something with the name Jones that I dislike. Though I did like Jughead Jones in the Archie comics growing up
yeah, the competition for heather out in new foundland is really poor. I always feel like if she's curling well its up to her whether or not she wins new foundland because the difference in talent between he and the rest is still that much. Heather has a chance of actually putting in a respectable performance at least.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #204
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Stacie Devereaux is getting better, she won the juniors a couple years back, and made it out of NL last year(only to go 1-10), she was missing a couple of her team members this year though, and it showed in their SF performance

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 01-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #205
country flag misty1
Banned!

alot of people think stacie devereaux is the future of new foundland curling for the ladies but i think jen cunningham is going to take the crown for heather once she retires.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #206
country flag misty1
Banned!

Just wanted to say how stunned i am of the news of whitney houston's death.I really didnt believe it when i first found out.

So sad to think that we will never hear one of the greatest voices of all time live again

R.I.P whitney
Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #207
country flag misty1
Banned!

this scotties couldnt be off to worse start for me

its bad enough when i see tennis players i like lose all the time but then it happens to curling teams i like too

im starting to think i curse them
Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #208
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

its bad enough when i see tennis players i like lose all the time but then it happens to curling teams i like too

Rachel Homan is not there so I don't have that much interest this year.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #209
country flag 156mphserve

Quote:

can't be in a worse situation than me. I'm cheering for Heather Strong and she's in dead last

Who are you cheering for?

Like I said I'm cheering for NL. I'd kind of like the rookie Ontario team to do well too. I kind of like NB too. Also have a soft spot for Kerry Galusha. She's getting better, I don't think she's made the playoffs in one of these yet though.

I don't like Jones, rotting for her to lose every game

not very fond of Kelly Scott either, or either of the saskatchewan teams.

The field this week is very even though. Only 1 team with only 1 win(guess who) and only 2 with 4 wins. Big logjam in between, 6 teams at 2-3 atm. I'm hoping 6-5 gets a tiebreaker, as it's unlikely Strong goes perfect the rest of the way. it's possible though with the very ever field. 6-5 got Cunningham directly into the playoff in 03, and she got to the final and almost won the thing. Hoping for a similar thing this year

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #210
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
can't be in a worse situation than me. I'm cheering for Heather Strong and she's in dead last

Who are you cheering for?

Like I said I'm cheering for NL. I'd kind of like the rookie Ontario team to do well too. I kind of like NB too. Also have a soft spot for Kerry Galusha. She's getting better, I don't think she's made the playoffs in one of these yet though.

I don't like Jones, rotting for her to lose every game

not very fond of Kelly Scott either, or either of the saskatchewan teams.

The field this week is very even though. Only 1 team with only 1 win(guess who) and only 2 with 4 wins. Big logjam in between, 6 teams at 2-3 atm. I'm hoping 6-5 gets a tiebreaker, as it's unlikely Strong goes perfect the rest of the way. it's possible though with the very ever field. 6-5 got Cunningham directly into the playoff in 03, and she got to the final and almost won the thing. Hoping for a similar thing this year
yeah, i thought new foundland could do better but they are out of it

i am going for quebec, I really like marie-france larouche. She struggled early but she's won her last 3 now including knocking off canada and alberta so it looks like they are waking up

i do like BC but not because of kelly scott. I like the 2nd player dailene siverston. She is a great young player

if neither of them win i like alberta or saskatchewan.

im not saying i want new brunswick to win but i do love that andrea kelly is finally doing good at a scotties

i reeeaally do not want jenniffer jones to win this event

Last edited by misty1 : 02-23-2012 at 01:19 AM.