FITD U.S. Spring Streak (1/5) - San Jose - Final update - Congrats to TheFearlessOne - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #91
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD U.S. Spring Streak (1/5) - San Jose - QF update - TheFearlessOne takes the

TheFearlessOne, getting all 4 SF right

Istomin, puts me in a position to possibly win this

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #92
country flag TheFearlessOne

TheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheFearlessOne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FITD U.S. Spring Streak (1/5) - San Jose - QF update - TheFearlessOne takes the

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
TheFearlessOne, getting all 4 SF right

Istomin, puts me in a position to possibly win this
Meh, not really that special, but thanks anyway.

There was talk of Monfils injury during the DC last week, so I was pretty certain he wouldn't make the SFs. That opened up the draw pretty nicely for Harrison. Also, Roddick hasn't been that good for a while now (and I had a good feeling about Istomin ). And Raonic and Benneteau were fairly obvious.

Anyways, got a bit lucky as well, I guess, but this has certainly put me in a good position to win this whole thing. Pretty nice start to the Spring Streak as well.
TheFearlessOne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #93
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

only half of us managed to get 2/4, and only 4 of us got at least 3. You were the only one with all 4 so it wasn't that obvious

Monfils was injured but he was playing an exho, so I kind of figured he'd play, and he can beat most of the players in his section playing at 50%. Harrison was coming back from Switzerland and clay so tough adjusting, that was a great pick.

Raonic was coming in with an injury and he wasn't even sure to play so I was worried about picking him to go far. Turns out his injury was just a misread MRI.

Benneteau and Stepanek were 50/50 imo. Not a totally obvious pick

Istomin was in a section with 6 americans, so it was common sense that he would be the one to come through

but yeah Istomin was a bit of a gut pick for me too, like you said Roddick has been awful, Young, Russell, and Querrey all not great, and Sock, and Kudla were probably too inexperianced.

anytime you're the only person to get 4/4 you deserve a

I'm torn tomorrow assuming Benneteau wins today. I want Milos to win obviously(see signature), but if he loses to Benneteau then I win this

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #94
country flag Boomer23

Boomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond repute

SF update :

Check your results, if there's any mistakes, please send me a pm.

Simon - Gasquet - Del Potro - Federer

Kuerten
Boomer23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #95
country flag Boomer23

Boomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond repute

I did the SF update in a hurry , I got to go quickly but I'll double check for mistake tonight, let me know if something is wrong

Kuerten
Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #96
country flag 156mphserve

Stupid Benneteau, I drop to 9th now if Milos wins

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #97
country flag Boomer23

Final update :

Congrats to theFearlessOne who is our winner this week.

Don't forget to participate to the U.S. Spring Streak n°2/5 : Memphis
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=197054

Kuerten

Last edited by Boomer23 : 02-20-2012 at 08:24 AM.