My trips to USTA New England Tournaments - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
country flag GameSetMatch!

GameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond repute
Default My trips to USTA New England Tournaments

I have been taking my nephew to USTA tournaments and been watching some of the younger players like in the 12's and 14's because they are really young enough to break through and really pursue the sport. Mostly I was disappointed with the players I saw which is not surprising but a few were actually really good and stood out to me. They select few looked hard working, had the right technique and had the right mindset to actually go far. that if put to hard work could turn out very well. I'm not saying that these players will actually be college or pro players, I'm just saying I really enjoyed them and thought I should share my experience watching them. The first boy I really enjoyed watching was Noah Criss competing in the U14's. He had striking shots and a good attitude on court. He easily won all 3 of his matches and took the title. He impressed me with the ability to step in to the court and the brains to know when to defend. I was also impressed with Grant Pertile who was competing in the other flight of the U14's. He was very agressive and had a nice serve. His defending could be improved but I think he's got a lot of talent. The other player I really enjoyed watching was Max Haigney who was playing in the U12'S and was by far the best out of all the flights in his age group. He slammed forehands for winners and had a very solid backhand. His serve was predictable but solid and could be improved if he used his legs more. His movement was average but could be improved. I think he is talented with some potential if he fixes a few flaws in his game. He easily won this tournament and should be playing in much higher level tournaments soon. I hoped you enjoyed my update on some of our younger juniors in the New England area.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My trips to USTA New England Tournaments

Thanks. I enjoyed reading your update.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
country flag GameSetMatch!

GameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond reputeGameSetMatch! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My trips to USTA New England Tournaments

I recently saw Grant Pertile and Max Haigney play each other in a 2 and a half hour match. Their FH's were .