Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #46
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The King of 100 Titles : The Great Swiss Assasin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
This is one of the best uses of the English language I have ever seen.
stay tuned. there is more to come.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #47
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post
winning atp 250 means 4 matches in 7 days and at least big effort in possible final with Troicki, Cilic or Verdasco. He could win 20 of these in a one single year, but why doing this cuase he can easily be no.3 with 2 or 3 titles
At this point, it's not about the ranking.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #48
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

actually it is also about the ranking for him: he has said this many times and he said it again last week. he said he would like to be #1 again.

so winning titles--large and small--will get him to where he wants to go. not saying he will get there definitely but that is his thinking anyway.

he is working hard on his fitness and his game. there is a reason for that.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #49
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
if he snags another 5-6 titles this year, that makes 77 already.

now we are talking just 23 for the next 6 years. do the math.

and he is likely to play until he is 40.
Federer might play until 34 at the absolute most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #50
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

last 4 years

2008 4 titles
2009 4 titles
2010 5 titles
2011 4 titles

to get to 100 (if he remained as good as his 2010 form, which he wont obviously)

he would need to play for 7 more years

so no- he wont win 100 titles unless he goes after the glory and plays alot of 250 and 500 events untill he retires

i think realistically we are looking for an 80ish number for his title count- and as others have mentioned it really doesn't matter at the end of the day- he's never catching connors laver and lendl
Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #51
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

In order to get 100 he has to start winning around 10 titles a year or keep playing at top8 level until he is about 40years. Both aren't likely at all.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #52
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Federer might play until 34 at the absolute most.
i don't think it'll last that long to be honest.
it's understandable for a champion of his caliber to live in a reality distortion field in the twilight of his career. which is what this dream of getting no1 back is. but the thing is you can only go as far as you dream. give him another year or two of making only as far as semis at majors and mirka will plan his retirement bash. that is unless he wins wimby and olympics this year, and he will plan the bash himself right then and there on his beloved grass.

exhos till his legs give in will keep him rich for as long as he lives.

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #53
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

he is already worth well over $300 mill. and some of his endorsement income is for life.

he is not playing for money anymore. he will have accumulated over a billion anyway when its all over. even if he stops playing today he reaches that mark in the next 20 years.

money makes money. lot of money makes a ton of money.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #54
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Also, it's assassin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #55
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Default Re: The King of 100 Titles : The Great Swiss Assassin

stay on the subject and it would be considered wise to try to restrain your mindless propensity to pick holes in people. it is always the right thing to do.

when did i ever say or claim that i can spell or that english was my first language? it is not even my 4th language. is it not obvious that my english is no good?

Last edited by Clay Death : 02-19-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #56
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Depends how long he'll play for and whether Nadull and Djokovic can sustain their level at all the major tournaments (GS + 1000s).
That is one important point, imagine Federer att 33 playing without Djokovic and Nadal beeing around and Tomic as nr1, going to Indian Wells and play some journeyman in the SF/final, that was very often the case in the "normal eras", going to Australia and maybe have someone like Berdych in the final and in Wimbledon Tomic and so on.

Last year he lost to Djokovic or Nadal in SF/F 7 times, he won 4 titles. Without Nadal and Djokovic he could probably go back to win 7-8 titles every year if he stays at the same fitness level as now.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #57
country flag spencercarlos

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond reputespencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
so 30 years old tennis player needs to win almost a half of titles more that he won in last 12 years of carrier in time when surface becoming slower and slower and tennis more and more physically harder . pretty obvious this will happen
Of course. Since this is not a reachable goal this Nadal stan thinks he is having fun.

Little FEDERER, Roger (SUI) Versus Defending Wimbledon Champ Pete SAMPRAS (USA)
Year Tournament Round Surface Winner Score
2001 Wimbledon 16 Grass (O) R.FEDERER 7-6(7) 5-7 6-4 6-7(2) 7-5

Does he really believes this is the same Federer of then?
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #58
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
you folks are truly negative. this is an honest thread.

i suggest you come up with an honest chat.

not everybody is a hapless, legless, toothless, spineless, gutless, and eyeless ejaculite from the lost world of Ejacustan.

some of us actually know our tennis.
We are just beeing cynical Clay Death, we have been around long enought to not believe extrordinary things can happen in our lifetime, the childish enthusiasm for tennis isnt there anymore. Thank you for beeing you and dreaming wild and big like a child in this wasteland.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #59
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

lol fedfannutsos can't fathom why djoker can play for a decade.
it's called all-surface talent without excuses (djoker's family's faces, imaginary bad injury or illness, 'lucky shots', cold weather and shadows scaring poor feddy).
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #60
country flag sexybeast

Anyway, lets take this claim from CD seriously while we are writting in his thread, lets make a roadmap to 100 titles:

29 more to go, what is required from Federer and development in tennis for this to be possible?

1-Longevity like the old days. Is it possible Federer can be another Rosewall or Connors? Or atleast a Laver or Agassi? Does he have it in him to be competitive far into his 30s? I say it is possible, he needs to play until 38 I think if he wants a chanse to get 100 titles.

2-End of super top 4 era, sometime soon Djokovic, Nadal and Murray needs to stop beeing in every SF and F in not only slams but every master series aswell, Nadal must be close to reaching that slippery slope and will fall rather fast outside clay. What if 2013 marks the end of the 6-year reign of top 4s and Nadal is out of the picture, Djokovic not in every final and so on? Federer can go back winning Indian Wells or Miami, probably always be favorite in Cincinatti. Maybe he can win 2 master series per year, add 3 smaller tournaments and atleast 1 slam/TMC and you got 6 tournaments per year.

3-play the smaller tournaments and take the seriously, positive signs when he plays Rotterdam again, how about if Federer goes on to play some small clay tournament like Estoril every year instead of the impossible Monte Carlo?
Dont skip Halle aswell, Federer should play 5 small tournaments every year and maybe skip 2 master series every year instead. He would need 3 every year atleast until 2015.

So, this is my roadmap to 100 in honor of CD:

2012-5 more titles: Halle and Basel are in the bag, Olympics on grass and lets say 2 of these: indoor master series/Cincinatti/Usopen/Wimbledon/TMC

2013 (Djokovic and Nadal take 2 steps down from their peak):3 small tournaments, 2 master series and 1 big one. 6 tournaments.

2014(End of Djokovic era, he is physically drain and Nadal limited to clay): 3 small tournaments, 1-2 master series and grand slam+TMC. 6 tournament wins.

2015-2-3 small tournaments 1 master series, 0-1 slam/TMC, 4 titles

Now that puts Federer at 92 when he is 34 years old, he can get to 100 by having some out of the ordinary long career, and go down his latest years 2016-2019 to 2-3 tournaments per year.

Well, one hell of a stretch of the imagination to see this happen. I give CD 1 in 40 odds to be right.