Federer 2004 (74-6) vs. Djokovic 2011 (70-6) - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which year was better? Time travel match?

Federer's season in 2004 was better and would win the time travel match 111 55.78%
Federer's season in 2004 was better, but would lose the time travel match 4 2.01%
Djokovic's season in 2011 is better, and would win the time travel match 59 29.65%
Djokovic's season in 2011 is better, but would lose the time travel match 25 12.56%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #406
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2004 (74-6) vs. Djokovic 2011 (70-6)

Nole made 2 records that will be hard to beat, the most masters titles and the most prize money, although he should beat both of those this year.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #407
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
Nole made 2 records that will be hard to beat, the most masters titles and the most prize money, although he should beat both of those this year.
After what I saw at the AO this year, I doubt Djoko's 2012 will be better(or even equal) than his 2011. In 2011(like in 2008) he only lost a set at the AO during his title win. This year he lost 5 sets at the AO. He definetely looked less impressive and dominating at the AO this year than in 2011(even in 2008). I saw a man working very hard to win his SF and final at the 2012 AO in 5 setters. While last year he breezed in straight sets at both SF and final.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/blog/_/nam...ian-open-right

ESPN article agrees.

Quote:
I would be shocked if Djokovic repeated or bested last year's accomplishments.

Last edited by reery : 02-18-2012 at 04:19 PM.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #408
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
After what I saw at the AO this year, I doubt Djoko's 2012 will be better(or even equal) than his 2011. In 2011(like in 2008) he only lost a set at the AO during his title win. This year he lost 5 sets at the AO. He definetely looked less impressive and dominating at the AO this year than in 2011(even in 2008).

http://espn.go.com/tennis/blog/_/nam...ian-open-right

ESPN article agrees.
he still won. that's the only thing that matters. I mean, Nole is a monster right now but both Murray and Nadal were great. I think that Andy really has improved so much mentally. it's too bad that one guys is just simply better than anybody else on the tour.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #409
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
he still won. that's the only thing that matters. I mean, Nole is a monster right now but both Murray and Nadal were great. I think that Andy really has improved so much mentally. it's too bad that one guys is just simply better than anybody else on the tour.
I thought Djoko would be even more dominating at the AO this year, you know, get better and win without dropping a set but he did the opposite, looked less dominating than last year. I would be stunned if he wins 3 slams and 5 masters series again this year. He didn't look like the 2.0 version of 2011 this year at the AO.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #410
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
I thought Djoko would be even more dominating at the AO this year, you know, get better and win without dropping a set but he did the opposite, looked less dominating than last year. I would be stunned if he wins 3 slams and 5 masters series again this year. He didn't look like the 2.0 version of 2011 this year at the AO.
lol, I think you are a perfectionist. both Murray and Nadal came very well prepared. super well prepared. I think that Novak did not need to waste so much energy with Nadal in the final but he did. He should have won in 4 I guess.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote