New Moderators for GM and NT for 2012 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #46
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Moderators for GM and NT for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
You know that is a great idea! So great I'm sure it will never happen But at least if not putting out the names for the whole Forum to see I think all the people that applied should know who they are running against? I don't think that is a bad idea at all, but I don't think even that will ever happen
Transparency and democracy here - you're having a giraffe.
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #47
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I don't know the people involved - and am not criticising them personally.

But does your happiness extend to the fact that we don't know why they were chosen, how many others applied, why were these three chosen over others, everyone was given consideration, if not why not, etc - surely that's the kind of democracy that should be shown on every one of these things where everyone 'supposedly' has a chance.

I am yet to witness this happen in any of these things where applications are offered and as such didn't waste my time bothering applying myself as I'd stand zero chance as usual - and my point still remains that all of these things on MTF are always given to favoured well known candidates regardless of whoever applies and newer people are never ever given any chance whatsoever at these things, without consideration that an unknown non-favoured name can do much better at and improve things to the way they have been done in the past and contribute and make vast improvements in areas but are never given a chance of a look in in the first place.

When there's transparency in these things then there might be reason to congratulate - but I most certainly will not congratulate the usual likely shoe-horn in's until transparency is shown.
Totally not sure where all this is coming from:

"always given to well-known candidates" - which is why someone earlier was saying they didn't even know who one of them was. Sonja1989 joined the forum less than 2 years ago. Andreas may be considered an "unknown and non-favoured name" to anyone who doesn't play TT, which is quite a lot of the users.

They were chosen on the basis that they seemed eager to be helpful in the application that they made, they have no history of trouble on the site and haven't been involved in any of the big dramas that sometimes blow up. The admins and supermods took a vote on the list and we went with the consensus after discussing the pros and cons based on these sorts of criteria.

I don't think we should list the unsuccessful applicants as they may not wish other people to know they really seriously applied - they're always free to say themselves that they applied.

I'm reading a fair amount of "knowing" hostility that bears little relation to the facts, and rather than actually asking me or any of the others about it, you've decided just to come here and spout off. That's your choice, but it doesn't mean you're right. I'd actually rather people with questions or concerns contacted me or the others via PM instead of just assuming they know what happens and having an episode on a thread like this, but whatever
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #48
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Secrecy and opacity are the way to go.

(see, I can be mod material)
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #49
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

You didn’t detect any hostility, just resignation and frustration – there’s been three times in the past I’ve applied for things such as this and every single time looking back at the threads it’s been blatantly obvious that I’d been wasting my time even bothering to apply as after the event reading between the lines it was obvious in hindsight that it was a waste of time and someone was in line anyway, so I’ve given up on ever bothering to apply for anything more.

And then to be asked to comment/congratulate others on another such thread, where granted I didn’t bother applying myself, where there’s no reasons as to why certain people got it, etc, etc just hit a nerve with me and made me explode.

As for the explanations given – I’ll just accept your word for it.

And as for ‘episodes’ – well if this is to be called my ‘episode’, I guess in PCBH terms in this 'episode' Bill Jackson’s not been stabbed yet – so still got 690 more to go till Ferguson gets her comeuppance : )

Anyhow, I’ll shut the hell up and keep out of the way now with my tail between my legs and apologies given to you if needed.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #50
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You didn’t detect any hostility, just resignation and frustration – there’s been three times in the past I’ve applied for things such as this and every single time looking back at the threads it’s been blatantly obvious that I’d been wasting my time even bothering to apply as after the event reading between the lines it was obvious in hindsight that it was a waste of time and someone was in line anyway, so I’ve given up on ever bothering to apply for anything more.

And then to be asked to comment/congratulate others on another such thread, where granted I didn’t bother applying myself, where there’s no reasons as to why certain people got it, etc, etc just hit a nerve with me and made me explode.

As for the explanations given – I’ll just accept your word for it.

And as for ‘episodes’ – well if this is to be called my ‘episode’, I guess in PCBH terms in this 'episode' Bill Jackson’s not been stabbed yet – so still got 690 more to go till Ferguson gets her comeuppance : )

Anyhow, I’ll shut the hell up and keep out of the way now with my tail between my legs and apologies given to you if needed.
Did you apply to be a mod on here ever? The last two times I called for applications I don't recall seeing anything from you - which is a shame since I would have seriously considered you as a good choice.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #51
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Did you apply to be a mod on here ever? The last two times I called for applications I don't recall seeing anything from you - which is a shame since I would have seriously considered you as a good choice.
No, that wasn't one of the three things i once applied for.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #52
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
No, that wasn't one of the three things i once applied for.
Ah well - I'm guessing TT board and suchlike - but I don't know how they organise those things.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #53
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Ah well - I'm guessing TT board and suchlike - but I don't know how they organise those things.
Well I don’t really think that it’s appropriate for me to say publicly which three I once went for.

But the irony appears to be that I might have stood a level playing field chance for one that I didn’t bother going for – oh well just about sums it up eh!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #54
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Transparency and democracy here - you're having a giraffe.
And I hope if you ever do apply to be a moderator this "episode", will not be held against you.

Mae is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #55
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
And I hope if you ever do apply to be a moderator this "episode", will not be held against you.
It's pretty unlikely that I'd apply for any of these things again anyway - so if it is so be it.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #56
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Di you're a mod??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27...e_Like_This%3F
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #57
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's pretty unlikely that I'd apply for any of these things again anyway - so if it is so be it.
I'm glad you aren't thinking of applying. Because I do think someone around here has a book that anything you have ever done even if it isn't something you can get an infraction for let alone banned for is written down and if certain people don't like what you have done you get a black mark beside your name that never goes away

Mae is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #58
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm glad you aren't thinking of applying. Because I do think someone around here has a book that anything you have ever done even if it isn't something you can get an infraction for let alone banned for is written down and if certain people don't like what you have done you get a black mark beside your name that never goes away
Questionable infractions and dubious bans are part of the MTF experience.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #59
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Well of this topic you are mentioning, I have no personal knowledge of, or opinion on the subject, I would imagine that any person can be researched upon on their past record, type of person they are, what they contribute, what they would like the chance to contribute, etc, and I can assure you I am extremely proud of how my rank in all of these matters would stand.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #60
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to apply for the next one. But my chance are close to zero of course. It's a pity but they are looking for a precise type of poster and I've not the good profile. They don't understand that diversity even in the moderation team is a good thing.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread