tennis autographs? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
country flag Scarlem08

Scarlem08 is on a distinguished road
Default tennis autographs?

Hello,
I'm a new member and an avid tennis collector and fan. I collect tennis autographs and I need help finding the addresses of these retired players so I can send them my autograph requests: Sidney Wood, Adriano Panatta, Brian Teacher, Budge Patty, Jan Kodes, Ashley Cooper, Johan Kriek, Ken McGregor, Sven Davidson, Mervyn Rose, Andres Gimeno, and Andres Gomez.

Also, if anyone knows where I can buy or trade for autographs of these deceased players, it would be a great help: Chuck McKinley, Yvon Petra, Rafael Osuna, John Doeg, Dinny Pails, Viv McGrath, Gar Moon, and Norman Brookes.
Scarlem08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
country flag joseluismb

joseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond reputejoseluismb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tennis autographs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlem08
Hello,
I'm a new member and an avid tennis collector and fan. I collect tennis autographs and I need help finding the addresses of these retired players so I can send them my autograph requests: Sidney Wood, Adriano Panatta, Brian Teacher, Budge Patty, Jan Kodes, Ashley Cooper, Johan Kriek, Ken McGregor, Sven Davidson, Mervyn Rose, Andres Gimeno, and Andres Gomez.

Also, if anyone knows where I can buy or trade for autographs of these deceased players, it would be a great help: Chuck McKinley, Yvon Petra, Rafael Osuna, John Doeg, Dinny Pails, Viv McGrath, Gar Moon, and Norman Brookes.

Whoa... I wish I could help you, but i cant...

Though, I have to admit I am amazed (and proud) that you know "El pelón" Osuna...

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right"-Ford
joseluismb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry that I have no idea about that...
but i have a question...how can you ask a tennis player for autograph??
write letter?
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19
I'm sorry that I have no idea about that...
but i have a question...how can you ask a tennis player for autograph??
write letter?
That's only likely to work with big names, if you write to their fan club... Just approach them at a tourney.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlem08
Hello,

Don't know if you're still around, as this is an old post, but I collect autographs as well- mostly women, but have quite a few men (and a running autograph thing going with Rod Laver- I have an old instructional book from the 70s he did with Bud Collins, and each time I see him, he signs another page and dates it- have 3 years and counting). The most success I had was sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the International Tennis Hall of Fame, and they will forward it to the (private) registered address for the player you request. Be sure to enclose an international postal coupon for the return envelope for players you know are overseas. Good luck- you'll be surprised how many retired players enjoy getting these requests, and will actually take the time to write you a note.
alfajeffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
country flag bluebluesdancer

bluebluesdancer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlem08 View Post
Hello,

Hi!
I recently came across a box of autographs that my father-in-law collected when he was in High School and college back around 1928+. One of the autographs is a photo signed by John Doeg. If you are still interested, I would be willing to discuss selling it.
bluebluesdancer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote