Would Murray have defeated Nadal in AO12? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would Murray have defeated Nadal in AO12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
That was yeaaars ago, Nadal is a much, much better hardcourt player now. And Murray, well, he's gotten worse
Not really, if Rafa wasn't hindered by fatigue in USO'08, and hadn't been slumping during AO'10 -- he would have kicked his ass the same (whether or not Murray has improved his game).
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Not really, if Rafa wasn't hindered by fatigue in USO'08, and hadn't been slumping during AO'10 -- he would have kicked his ass the same (whether or not Murray has improved his game).
USO 08 was a completely fair win, quit it with that shit.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
USO 08 was a completely fair win, quit it with that shit.
He was tired though seriously, you noobs can't admit that. Murray lucked his way to the final in US Open 2008.....but I think he earned his runs to the finals in AO 10 and 11.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 02-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Until otherwise I take any top 10 opponent over Murray in a slam final .So no he wouldnt win ,might fluke a set out though
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #20
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh cmon Nadal got injured at the start of set 3 .He got his ass handed in sets 1 and 2 .That match would have been won regardless since Murray did take the first 2 sets when Nadal wasnt injured
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, it's the truth.... he was tired and injured .
Nadal has never lost a match healthy!

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was tired though seriously, you noobs can't admit that. Murray lucked his way to the final in US Open 2008.....but I think he earned his runs to the finals in AO 10 and 11.
In the penultimate point when he got battered all over the court he did look totally out of breath, but besides that, he was fine. Get over it.

A more key factor was the first two sets being on the much faster Armstrong court which favoured Andy.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
oh cmon Nadal got injured at the start of set 3 .He got his ass handed in sets 1 and 2 .That match would have been won regardless since Murray did take the first 2 sets when Nadal wasnt injured
Dude I was talking about Rafa's slump, not his injury -- I know that wasn't the reason why he lost overall. But like I said, I think Murray deserved his run at the AO 2010, and even AO 2011 because he played some great tennis there.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #24
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
In the penultimate point when he got battered all over the court he did look totally out of breath, but besides that, he was fine. Get over it.

A more key factor was the first two sets being on the much faster Armstrong court which favoured Andy.
Dude he was down a break in the 3rd set during Armstrong anyway, so all Rafa had to do was keeping holding serve which he did. But that's not the point. The point is, Murray won that match with a bit of luck on his side that Rafa wasn't physically 100%.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #25
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude I was talking about Rafa's slump, not his injury -- I know that wasn't the reason why he lost overall. But like I said, I think Murray deserved his run at the AO 2010, and even AO 2011 because he played some great tennis there.
Murray probably played his best match ever vs Nadal at the US Open back in 2008 yet he still didn't deserve a place in the final?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #26
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Nadal has never lost a match healthy!
Exactly, that's why he is the best
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 02-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #27
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Murray probably played his best match ever vs Nadal at the US Open back in 2008 yet he still didn't deserve a place in the final?
Jason come on man ... he almost lost to Melzer and struggled against Llodra....and del Potro had a break up in all the sets I think . And that was pretty obvious because he got thrashed by Fed in the final . Fed did play pretty good though, but still, if Muza was in any good form there, he would have made it a bit more competitive.

Anyways I think he played better against Rafa in AO'10, because I truly think that despite Rafa struggling with his form, Murray was clearly the better player and deserved to win that. But I ain't saying he didn't deserve his SF win in US'08, just saying he needed a bit of luck to get through that one is all .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jason come on man ... he almost lost to Melzer and struggled against Llodra....and del Potro had a break up in all the sets I think . And that was pretty obvious because he got thrashed by Fed in the final .
What's your point? Nadal struggled big time vs Isner last year at RG, does that mean he didn't deserve the title there?

If anything the points you just mention makes his run even more impressive, the fact that he was able to perform under huge amounts of pressure and dig out matches just proves that. I mean when a guy hits his fastest serve of all time at 5-5 in a TB when 2 sets to love down you can't say that isn't fucking epic.

I disagree about him playing better at the Australian Open in 2010, US Open 2008 SF Murray was Murray is God form for the most part, hardly anyone would have beaten him.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #29
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
What's your point? Nadal struggled big time vs Isner last year at RG, does that mean he didn't deserve the title there?

If anything the points you just mention makes his run even more impressive, the fact that he was able to perform under huge amounts of pressure and dig out matches just proves that. I mean when a guy hits his fastest serve of all time at 5-5 in a TB when 2 sets to love down you can't say that isn't fucking epic.

I disagree about him playing better at the Australian Open in 2010, US Open 2008 SF Murray was Murray is God form for the most part, hardly anyone would have beaten him.
Fine fine....what goes around, comes around as they say don't it? . I lose, you guys win.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

No, he would have bottled it once again in a slam final.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote