How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest?

How can a player be tired after a 5 setter when they have 2 days to recover, to do ice baths, god knows what else etc?

I mean, after even hours of running around, you catch your breath after a few mintues.

I mean I can understand how the body is stiff, you certainly get cramps and what not.

But "tired"? I dont think so.

Okay, its hard to back up after hard work outs. Its hard. But in tennis you get breaks.

Cyclists, Runners, they train every day. 2 days rest is heaps to them. I mean Marathon runners run the equivilent of 4 marathons in training a week, the top ones. They run 160KM a week.

Djokovic ran about 11KM over his semi and final at AO.

Okay, a lot of thats sprinting. But still. Thats not the toughest of workouts over 6 hours with rests.

How could you be tired per say?

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can a player be "tired" after 2 days rest?

you really have no clue, do you

sprinting, stopping and sprinting again, changing directions, it's incredibly tough...how can you not be tired should be the question.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

You get tired after more than 5 hours, i mean you get tired naturally, it would be the same with 10 days rest.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Thread title is one of the greatest mysteries in life.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think you made a wrong comparaison with cycling and running.
I will just answer on one thing : in tennis, you can be tired physically of course, but also mentally. You need to be sooo focus at the ATP level, on each point, you have to come with a plan, you have to be ready to adapt it, handle the pressure in the decisive moment, accept the frustration... tennis is such an exhausted sport in the mental department. A 5 sets' match takes you a lot of energy in the mental department because tennis in more emotional than others sports.
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri89 View Post
Well, I think you made a wrong comparaison with cycling and running.
I will just answer on one thing : in tennis, you can be tired physically of course, but also mentally. You need to be sooo focus at the ATP level, on each point, you have to come with a plan, you have to be ready to adapt it, handle the pressure in the decisive moment, accept the frustration... tennis is such an exhausted sport in the mental department. A 5 sets' match takes you a lot of energy in the mental department because tennis in more emotional than others sports.
You think running 42.2km or cycling for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours isnt mentally tiring?

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
country flag Coolio_Jack

Coolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you to get really tired for once, instead of spending days thinking what poll should i make for today.
Coolio_Jack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

once again showing why he deserves the troll of the year title
Old 02-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

tennis is much more complicated than running and cycling. it requires mental and psychical energy. 2 days rest should be enough, but at the highest level small things decide who's gonna win a match. I also think that it's silly to compare other sports with tennis.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
country flag 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyServe View Post
You get tired after more than 5 hours, i mean you get tired naturally, it would be the same with 10 days rest.
Thats not what im talking about.

NikosureE was exhausted even after a few games against Murray at AO after the 5 setter with Tsonga.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

NikosureE lol

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
country flag 2003

What I mean is, you might be tight, not move as well, be sore.

But you wont get out of breath easier due to a hard workout you did 2 days ago. Your cardio system has already recovered.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

accumilated fatigue

push your body hard enough and damage stays for more than "2days rest"

probably irreversible damage to your joints, your muscles etc

did you know that 1000 people die of heart attacks ever year from running marathons- and not just unhealthy people

even the healthiest of people can suffer heart attacks- if you train more than 4 hours a day you push your body beyond what its naturally capable of

in other words over training is worse than no training at all
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
country flag 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
NikosureE lol
I can never remember his spelling so just go with the Phonetic

But you know what I mean right? I mean olympic athletes have to run heats, semis, finals, with very little rest.

They dont really get "tired".

Old 02-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
country flag 2003

And Tennis hero, globe wide, I could find 1000 people that die of heart attacks every year doing just about anything. Doesnt prove squat.

Having a dicky heart is what causes a heart attack.