Madonna - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
This is just shocking. A Madonna appreciation thread. No offense but the woman is so overrated it is not even funny. No wonder I listen to the likes of the Who, U2, Queen, Def leppard, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. Madonna has led the fight against good music over the years. She is responsible for the emergence of the likes of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.
U2 and Def Leppard??? Funny stuff. Madonna has more quality singles than U2. Sure, she did not produce release Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby, but she has aged a lot better than U2, who have produced crap since Achtung.

and Def Leppard... in the same sentence as The Beatles and the Stones? DL are not even close to be in the same league as Madonna.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
You forgot to mention the King of Music, Michael Jackson.
That is because nobody in his right mind calls MJ the King of Music. The guy did 2 good albums way back...
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
Those two videos are There are way better videos of M out there. I mean, Bedtime Stories was exposed on NYC MoMA
I did not mention the quality of the videos but the songs are good pop songs.

My favorite tracks

Last edited by BigJohn : 02-07-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #19
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
That is because nobody in his right mind calls MJ the King of Music. The guy did 2 good albums way back...
If you put good Madonna songs, not sure you would get more than 2 good albums either Anyway, can't blame her for being at right place at right time...
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I count at least 6 outstanding albums with each of them better than the best of Madonna. Madonna is not even in the same league as MJ.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #21
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
I count at least 6 outstanding albums with each of them better than the best of Madonna. Madonna is not even in the same league as MJ.
6 outstanding albums? Hahaha. You are such a delusional fangirl.

You also have terrible tastes in music (Lena) and movies (Avatar), so your opinion does not really matter when discussing either of these topics.

And Madonna has more great songs than MJ, it is not even close.

Want to hear something better than the original?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #22
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Madonna has more great songs than MJ, it is not even close.
Of course she has. That's why she is more famous, more successful and her songs get played all the time in clubs.

Aren't you getting sick of your own bullshit?
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #23
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

More famous, one would have to say they are about equal.

More successful? Surely no one could debate that since she has been going on for decades, while your "man" was relevant for a generous 5 years as a solo artist.

Her songs are being played in clubs, a lot more than MJ's that is for sure.

That is no secret for anyone...

Anyways, be on topic or butt out!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
U2 and Def Leppard??? Funny stuff. Madonna has more quality singles than U2. Sure, she did not produce release Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby, but she has aged a lot better than U2, who have produced crap since Achtung.

and Def Leppard... in the same sentence as The Beatles and the Stones? DL are not even close to be in the same league as Madonna.

Someone advised me to stay away from this thread. I might just do that. I'm old fashioned. I like proper musicians you know. The likes of Guns N Roses, Metallica and AC/DC are just so talented. I mean when these guys start playing you just have to bow down . These guys write and play their own music. There is none of that sampling that goes on these days. I was not putting U2 and Def Leppard up there with the gods of rock but they are very good bands. As far as I know the only things Madonna is good at are weight training, toy boy hunting, bad acting and self promotion. Yes U2 and Def Leppard have not made a decent album in ages but at least they have made wonderful timeless music along the way. The same is true for R.E.M who recently split.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #25
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

You are not old fashioned, you are limited.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #26
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Sanctuary is one of my favourite songs ever.
I still listen to that & both of these gems from that album:

...and one of my favorite grooves, simple & lovely

Quote:

My favorite tracks

Love Get together and the video too...into the grove i still listen to often today, its got to be 23-24 years old

Quote:
Madonna is not even in the same league as MJ.
Unfortunately because he up and died on us it is true they are not in the same league...she is ahead. Plus she was always a solo artist the Jackson 5 set a big foundation for Micheal.

More favorites

Just the concept of this song i love very hard

The classic strings in this song -So 80's

Last edited by partygirl : 02-08-2012 at 05:50 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #27
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Like A Virgin, the entire song is a metaphor for big dicks.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #28
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Madonna

Got so wrapped up in those clips i forgot my top 2 favorites:
-

Love the song and the message is true & helpful to remember sometimes.
The auto-tune makes sense here a decade before everybody over used it.
-

One great song 2 Awesome live versions 15 years apart
Get down!!!
and

Work.
[youtube]5Nd_vxKnuk4[/youtbe]

Last edited by partygirl : 02-08-2012 at 06:47 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Michael is the King of Pop and you will deal

Quote:
More successful? Surely no one could debate that since she has been going on for decades, while your "man" was relevant for a generous 5 years as a solo artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #30
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post
Bedtime Stories was such a brilliant album & period, my favorite.
ooh I love that album!!! Also Ray of Light I love Madonna
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote