Egyptian Chat Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #31
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egyptian Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Almost 100 massacred at Egyptian soccer match!!!!! Is this a sign of the suppressed hate that is now being unleashed in the new Egypt?
really classy.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #32
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, good luck to Egypt you guys had enough misery the last couple of years.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #33
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
really classy.
Oh dear, is this another event that should not have been given media coverage in the imperialist west?

What should I have said?

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-02-2012 at 02:45 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #34
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh dear, is this another event that should not have been given media coverage in the imperialist west?

What should I have said?
nothing wrong with saying it. it's just the way you try to use that incident to introduce your theory about hate "in the new egypt". you almost seem happy about these things happenning. neo-cons around the globe would be proud
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #35
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
nothing wrong with saying it. it's just the way you try to use that incident to introduce your theory about hate "in the new egypt". you almost seem happy about these things happenning. neo-cons around the globe would be proud
You are not capable of seeing beyond your blinkers.

No, I am not happy. Just trying to understand if there are parallels with what happened in the Balkans once an oppressive regime fell and the people were able to express their true feelings about their fellow citizens. Should I have avoided thinking such thoughts? Are they politically incorrect? It still seems to me that when you criticize the way I said it, you really mean I shouldn't have said it . But you seem unable to tell me how I should have said it.

Not to mention the reports that the security forces may have actually encouraged this.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-02-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #36
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
It still seems to me that when you criticize the way I said it, you really mean I shouldn't have said it . But you seem unable to tell me how I should have said it.
i just mean that it is one of these options:

a- mumbojumbo

b- bigoted neo-con talk

c- the 2 above combined
Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #37
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

It's just very sad

The security just stood there and did nothing.
I could guess the SCAF is planning this in order to keep the emergency law.

The parliament is having a meeting now about this event.

For the dead people. May their soul rest in peace.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #38
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
It's just very sad

The security just stood there and did nothing.
I could guess the SCAF is planning this in order to keep the emergency law.

The parliament is having a meeting now about this event.

For the dead people. May their soul rest in peace.
Thanks. That probably answered my question. Does the SCAF want outbursts of violence in order to justify banning all protest?

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-02-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #39
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
i just mean that it is one of these options:

a- mumbojumbo

b- bigoted neo-con talk

c- the 2 above combined
And how would you discuss it? That's the part I am interested in.
But so far the only thing you seem to be concerned about is that I dared to comment on Egypt and that upsets you for some reason. You seem to think that thoughts not authorized by you must be bigoted. Don't you realize how egotistical that sounds?

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-02-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #40
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does the SCAF want outbursts of violence in order to justify banning all protest?
Exactly

Now there are clashes at the MOI and the police started shooting tear gas
Old 02-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #41
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

these guys need to get laid pronto. such a bad mix of non-education, boredom, aggression and sexual austerity makes any man freak out in all kinds of ways. being a guy in islamic countries only rocks superficially, due to the massive youth bulges most nations have accumulated the chick-ratio is just too subpar for society to be even-tempered.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #42
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
these guys need to get laid pronto. such a bad mix of non-education, boredom, aggression and sexual austerity makes any man freak out in all kinds of ways. being a guy in islamic countries only rocks superficially, due to the massive youth bulges most nations have accumulated the chick-ratio is just too subpar for society to be even-tempered.
It's a bit of an oversimplification but fair enough. Lack of education, jobs, sex, hope or whatever is still no reason to go to sports games with the intention to beat people up. Doing it and then actually kill people medieval style then we got a new level of madness.

Like most riots it has more to do with "pack mentality". They pump themselves up into a frenzy and if there is nothing or no other force to hold this frenzy back it will boil over sooner or later and people just follow without thinking. All it takes is those 1-5% if total idiots that take it too far and then usually others in the pack join in.

That is where this failed. The security/police or whatever must act before it goes too far. But with the state in Egypt and also the kick some young lunatics got out of the revolution they have surely been looking for more of that action. It's gonna be a major problem for Egypt to handle these young males that think they can do anything after being involved in some recent success
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote