Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #61
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
horrible horrible, just horrible, he is on his way to get his 4th and 5th too, just horrible, poor rafa
Speaking a bit too soon aren't you? But yes there is a possibility for that to happen, which would hand Nole 5 Slams on the trot, an achievement that I would hold in higher regard than a CYGS. rafa's strategically brain numbing boring retrieving game though works best on the red clay of Roland Garros so I'd hold out some hope yet, if I were you.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #62
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

With slams played instead of successive slams, Connors has achieved this twice
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #63
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
This is correct. Truth is that Federer has been in decline ever since 2008, despite picking up some GS titles in the period that followed thereafter.
Nadal's best year was 2008, and sorry to split it to the tards, but despite a fantastic showing at the USO 2010, he's been on the downslide ever since as well. I refuse to judge on mere results, I judge on what I'm seeing these guys demonstrate in the sense of pure quality of tennis at any tennis tournament I watch.

That said, it's even more remarkable that both of these giants still manage to rack up great results in GS tournaments. Reaching semifinals, QFs, let's not even talk about reaching FINALS, is nothing to piss on when having such a huge mileage as both of them have. Rather the contrary: it's a genuine sign of their true greatness.

Any player who still manages to consistantly rack up results like theirs is still in the running to grab a major title. They may well need a bit of luck to get there though - but luck is anyone's guess. Ask Sampras, ask Agassi for this matter.
You are a true FEDAL fan.

very very rare indeed.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #64
Shirogane

Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
This is correct. Truth is that Federer has been in decline ever since 2008, despite picking up some GS titles in the period that followed thereafter.
Nadal's best year was 2008, and sorry to split it to the tards, but despite a fantastic showing at the USO 2010, he's been on the downslide ever since as well. I refuse to judge on mere results, I judge on what I'm seeing these guys demonstrate in the sense of pure quality of tennis at any tennis tournament I watch.

That said, it's even more remarkable that both of these giants still manage to rack up great results in GS tournaments. Reaching semifinals, QFs, let's not even talk about reaching FINALS, is nothing to piss on when having such a huge mileage as both of them have. Rather the contrary: it's a genuine sign of their true greatness.
And if he is good enough, the same will most likely happen to Nole with the next dominant player.

David Nalbandian ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Nikolay Davydenko ♦ P-H. Herbert

Shirogane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #65
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

I see many moonballer yards awaiting a reversal
Of fortune vs Novak, it's just a short term
Phenomenon , get real since Madrid 2009
Nadulls h2h with Novak is 10-2 . It took and
Easy draw & Nadulls best serving to win the
USO 2010 plus a tired Novak.
This so called rivalry is headed in on direction
Big time .
Even when nadull was beating Novak is was because
Of superior stamina not his game.
That factor has been removed so it's go into
Get really ugly.
He will be destroyed on clay with Novak eating
His WTA serve for breakfast.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #66
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
I see many moonballer yards awaiting a reversal
Of fortune vs Novak, it's just a short term
Phenomenon , get real since Madrid 2009
Nadulls h2h with Novak is 10-2 . It took and
Easy draw & Nadulls best serving to win the
USO 2010 plus a tired Novak.
This so called rivalry is headed in on direction
Big time .
Even when nadull was beating Novak is was because
Of superior stamina not his game.
That factor has been removed so it's go into
Get really ugly.
He will be destroyed on clay with Novak eating
His WTA serve for breakfast
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #67
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
I am anti Nadull but realistic. I fully expect a seventh French Open title for him come soon. My main gripe is the fraud he is allowed to commit outside of clay. Not too clever and disgraceful for the people who should know better.
Care to expand on just how come Rafa is a fraud on grass? I'd say WB 2007 and 08 prove he is nothing of the sort, no need to mention the way he swope the floor with Murray in 2010 & 11.
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #68
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
that's how nadal fans are talking now . few years back one of their biggest fighting argument with Fed tards was that Nadal doesn't lose big or epic matches. And one of biggest trashing Fed argument was some big and close matches which Fed lost. Currently, they are building Nadal's legacy on ex Fed trashing reasons . What an irony
i usually don't agree with samanosuke but in this case he is completely right. how can you say its a plus and only 'helps Nadal's resume' to get to the finals of Grand Slams 3 times in a row but lose, when a few years ago everyone argued that Nadal was so great partially because of how clutch he was in important moments and Grand SLam finals???

this certainly is somewhat detrimental to Nadal, losing these big matches, his legacy. there are pros of course, a final is a great accomplishment at this level BUT you can't seriously say now that Federer is tarnished by losing in some finals/big moments and that it actually helps Nadal to do the same? it's absurd

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #69
country flag Fedfanforever
Banned!

Fedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond reputeFedfanforever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
i usually don't agree with samanosuke but in this case he is completely right. how can you say its a plus and only 'helps Nadal's resume' to get to the finals of Grand Slams 3 times in a row but lose, when a few years ago everyone argued that Nadal was so great partially because of how clutch he was in important moments and Grand SLam finals???
Fedfanforever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #70
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
which would hand Nole 5 Slams on the trot, an achievement that I would hold in higher regard than a CYGS
I know it's your personal opinion but why would you hold it in higher regard than a CYGS when there was an offseason in the middle of that run?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote