How much luck has to do with Nole's success? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #61
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much luck has to do with Nole's success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Del Potro's injury isn't debilitating though. The guy is getting some decent results. The problem is while he's back at his USO level, the other players have became much better.
DelPotro has been out of the tour for most of about 9 months, his ranking plummeted.
It's merely due to the guy's great talent and young age that he's still managed to make it back to the top-10 - a fact I'm very happy about.
You do not want to know how many players NEVER managed to make it back after an injury like he suffered.

Quote:
Soderling is sick, but that's his own problem.
WTF??? So contracting a nasty virus infection is someone's "own problem", now?
Now I've heard it all.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #62
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
DelPotro has been out of the tour for most of about 9 months, his ranking plummeted.
It's merely due to the guy's great talent and young age that he's still managed to make it back to the top-10 - a fact I'm very happy about.
You do not want to know how many players NEVER managed to make it back after an injury like he suffered.

WTF??? So contriving a nasty virus infection is someone's "own problem"?
Now I've heard it all.
Del Potro's injury isn't comparable to Soderling's sickness. Soderling had mono which is a kissing disease.

You act as if he was born with that virus infection. Chances are he could have prevented it, but he didn't. With this rational, people would say, "Federer is quite unlucky, if he didn't have mono, he'd have more slams by now".
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #63
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Del Potro's injury isn't comparable to Soderling's sickness. Soderling had mono which is a kissing disease.

You act as if he was born with that virus infection. Chances are he could have prevented it, but he didn't. With this rational, people would say, "Federer is quite unlucky, if he didn't have mono, he'd have more slams by now".
Your ignorance is staggering.
So you actually blame Söderling for getting mono? An infection that hits a majority of people in fact, the only difference being how individuals' bodies manage to cope with the effects of it, which are HUGE?

How about googling 'Ancic, Mario', just for starters?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #64
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Your ignorance is staggering.
So you actually blame Söderling for getting mono? An infection that hits a majority of people in fact, the only difference being how individuals' bodies manage to cope with the effects of it, which are HUGE?

How about googling 'Ancic, Mario', just for starters?
No, your ignorance is staggering.

There have been a series of unlucky events for each and every single player out there in the ATP.

Why single out Soderling or Del Potro when all players have had unlucky situations?

Do you think if these events had not occurred to Soderling or Del Potro, that they'd be guaranteed slams?
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #65
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to tell, but really this has nothing to do with Novak, luck is part of everything, in private life, in bussiness in sport, even in slam final there is always some luck for either one or another party. So this is not only about Nole, everybody had some luck, we can the same said about Roger or Rafa in past- luck decides many times many matches either between them or other matches, Roger had MP in few matches he lost so really if he would be luckier who knows. So luck is normal thing nothing special only for tennis.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #66
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherling View Post
That was a fluke. No?
no, just a shot of a man conciliated with defeat . just like 2 missed second serve returns before that point
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #67
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherling View Post
That was a fluke. No?
that fh undermined fed's goat status as well as his legacy.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #68
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

There are many different shades of grey.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #69
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute

I had been saying for several years that Nole deserved a brake, both in general and against Nadal in particular, after so many narrow loses.

It seems Nole took me at my word... and then just kept on winning.
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #70
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be good to be lucky.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #71
country flag GrantOz44

GrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond reputeGrantOz44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
You have to be good to be lucky.
+1

What a stupid thread.

All this talk of "being a couple of points away on so many occasions," dropping behind and then coming back to win it - you could apply that to any player and call them 'lucky.'

The only reason we are talking about Djokovic is because he's the world number one.

GrantOz44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #72
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Luck is when a fat person wins the lottery.

This thread is lucky too, in that it hasn't been removed for trolling.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #73
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

no luck, except the return at matchpoint #1 in uso 2011 sf

this was a "all or nothing" suicide shot.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #74
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle View Post
Luck is when a fat person wins the lottery.

This thread is lucky too, in that it hasn't been removed for trolling.
Rather you trolls are lucky not being removed from the genuine thread.

Because if you're lazy not to read at least a couple posts in a thread, you have no right to judge.

Of course this would be understandable for intelligent ppl only, sorry.
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #75
country flag Branimir

Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic has balls size of 10 kg watermellons