Green in Grand Slams = DOMINATION! Rafa at the Aussie Open 2012 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #136
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute!VamosRafa! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green in Grand Slams = DOMINATION! Rafa at the Aussie Open 2012

Quote:
Nadal's press conference after the AusOpen 2012 Final

Q. How are you feeling physically?

RAFAEL NADAL: Fine. No, I’m tired, sure. Physically was the toughest match I ever played, if not the tougher. I am tired.

Q. Has this sunk in, the results, the magnitude of the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: Can you repeat?

Q. Has the results sunk in yet? How do you feel mentally as well as physically?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes. No, no, no, nothing to do on that, no? Just accept. I think we played a great tennis match. It was I think a very good show, my opinion. I enjoyed being part of this event and this match. That’s the true, no? I wanted to win, but I am happy about how I did. I had my chances against the best player of the world today. I played one against one. For a long time I didn’t felt that I was playing in less advantage than him, you know. I didn’t play at lower level than him for a long time, so that’s a very positive thing for me. I am very happy about my mentality tonight, the mentality worked like in my best moments. So very happy about the beginning of the 2012 season. That’s all that I can say. Yeah, I had big chance for the 5-2, yes. I had that easy passing shot with the backhand. I miss it, yes, but I was 4-3 Love-40 in the fourth, too. Anything can happen when the match is there. Important thing for me, during all 2011 I didn’t play much like this. I’m happy I am in the real right way.

Q. If the day before the championship someone would say you would play a five-hour-53-minute match in the final, would you have been completely surprised that you could even compete?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, seriously, 20 hours before the tournament start for me I was more worried and try to play the first round, try to play the tournament, because I had a really strange thing, as you know, the Sunday afternoon. So that’s past. I was lucky. Recovery was fantastic. I had very good people around me here working for me, doctor, physio, so that helps a lot, no? If you are alone here, you don’t have this team around, is impossible to recover that. But I am lucky that I have all of this team around me. Without them, probably I gonna be at home two weeks earlier, no? So very happy for everything. Very happy with my level during both weeks. Is the moment when I realize the whole tournament did I well. I did a lot of very positive things, much more than in 2011 for the most of the time. I played more aggressive. I played with more winners than ever. My serve worked well. The mentality and the passion was there another time better than probably never another time. So that’s very positive aspects on whole game that I am very happy, no? So I just lost the final of a Grand Slam. I am not happy to lose the final, yes, but that’s one of the loses that I am more happy in my career.

Q. Did you feel at any time in the fifth set the match was in your control? Given that he had to play so long against Murray a couple nights ago, were you surprised that he could stay with you that long?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I didn’t have any doubt that he would be ready for that, no? But the match under control when you’re in the fifth set, when you won the fourth like this, you don’t feel the match under control in that moment. You are worried in every point, no? Well, with the 4-2 was advantage because I felt very well physically in the moment. I felt with very positive energy, and I played a fantastic first point of the 4-2 with the forehand winner down the line after he had that return. Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That’s my opinion, no? I never played against a player who’s able to return like this. Almost every time. It’s true I had big mistake with 30-15. But it’s not moment to think about that. That’s another just moment in an almost sixhours match. Forget about that knowing that I really had real, very real chances to have the title and to win against a player who I lost six times last year. But I didn’t. I never put him in this situation during 2011, all 2011, so that’s another positive thing for me. I didn’t have mental problems today against him. I had in 2011 all these mental problems. Today I didn’t have. I compete with normal conditions against him, no? So that’s another positive thing. Probably never say that many positive things after I lose. (Laughter.)

Q. You always said that Roger is the greatest that ever played the game. How great now is Novak?

RAFAEL NADAL: Now he’s the best of the world. That’s how great it is. Five Grand Slams, so the history says that he has a part in the history today winning five Grand Slams, winning a lot of titles, No. 1 of the world. We’ll see where he arrives.

Q. You have been a part of two of the real epic battles in tennis history, this and the 2008 Wimbledon final. Is that something that you’re proud of or a reason why you think you…

RAFAEL NADAL: A pleasure. That’s means that I did a lot of things well to compete against best players of the world and winning on them, losing on them, but always having tough matches. And final 2008 Wimbledon and this one was very special. For me it was a little bit more special the 2008 (smiling). But I really understand that was a really special match, and probably a match that gonna be in my mind not because I lost, no, because the way that we played. So that’s happy be part of these two great matches, my opinion.

Q. Where does that rate? How tough was that? Was that the toughest match? Toughest game you have been involved in? Where does it rank?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think it’s the longest one that I played ever.

Q. Are you going to watch it again on videotape?

RAFAEL NADAL: Too long. (Laughter.) Highlights only.

Q. When you’re in that match, did you ever look at the clock? Did you ever look at the clock during the match, at the time?

RAFAEL NADAL: The time? No, you watch, you look around and you see the watch, five hours, four hours, three hours, finally five hours, 30. Seems like never gonna finish, no? But that’s nice be there fighting, you know, trying to go to the limit, bring your body to the limit of his chances. Something I really enjoy, and I always said is good suffer, enjoy  enjoy suffering, no? So when you are fit, when you are, you know, with passion for the game, when you are ready to compete, you are able to suffer and enjoy suffering, no? I don’t know if I express very well, but is something that maybe you understand. So today I had this feeling, and is a really good one. I enjoyed. I suffered during the match, but I enjoyed all the troubles that I had during all the match. I enjoyed. I tried to be there, to find solutions all the time. I played a lot with my heart. I played a lot with my mind, and is something that is nice to be around and not just play tennis.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
[/url]
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #137
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond repute

Just read through the transcript from Rafa's post match interview. He really seems to be taking it well and seeing it as a good sign for 2012. Personally my respect for him grew even more today. His behaviour post match, the speech he made - the mc was right to say that 'Nadal leaves here a winner'. Take heart Rafa fans, he will be right in the mix for 2012.
dav abu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #138
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the transcript already VamosRafa.
Rafa is such a masochist. He has said it before so I knew but still....
I admit I am a masochist too to sit half the Sunday through such a match.

Last edited by MariaV : 01-29-2012 at 07:16 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #139
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Good attitude from Rafa. I hope he really doesn't dwell on that BH, could be torture. Compare this to when he lost Wimbledon and the future seems a lot brighter. Plus he has gained ranking points here. Just needs to schedule well and keep working on the return(!!!!) and being more aggressive. His BH is already miles ahead of where it was for all of 2011.

Does anyone else read these transcripts in a spanish accent?
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #140
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I am glad he sounds positive and his game has developed in a positive direction compared to 2011 indeed so he is right about that. We can only hope there won't be any injuries and the progress continues.
He has to be smart with his clay court season. Then maybe he'll have chances at the Roland Garros.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #141
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeap, this is by far a the best he played against Djoko since 2010. We can draw many positive from it. I am glad I missed this 4:2 30:15 (i was in the other room at that moment) otherwise I could have broken the TV. The serve I think was very decent, Djoko made lots of good and lots of lucky returns. Rafa's ROS wasn't that bad but probably it was because Djoko's serve probably wasn't that great today. The big disappointment was probably the BH. But I am sure he will work on it in the off-February. He narrowed the gap with Djoko one way or another, let's see if he can build on that. I remain very, very positive after this final. It could have been far, far worse. Like straight set demolition job.

Keep supporting Rafa, guys! He needs you at least 5 more years!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #142
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

It's so tough to think positive aftr this match... I was demolished It was so sad. It was so close. This point at 4/2 and 30/15 is a thing that will always stay in Rafa's mind. He started 5th set winning his service games so easilly...
But Rafa is the greatest guy in the history of sport! I will always support him!
I just couldn't stand today so many UE's from him and again those returns of Djokovic.
BYt MAYBE at RG Rafa will be lucky to finally beat Djokovic. He just needs to play his best game at clay. VAMOS RAFA!

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

Also support:
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
PRZYSIEŻNY, JANOWICZ, KUBOT, FYRSTENBERG / MATKOWSKI

Best ever: PETE SAMPRAS
shawshank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #143
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

I still support Rafa ALWAYS
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #144
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
I still support Rafa ALWAYS
I have been a fan of Rafa since 2005 and I have never given up on him. When he lost all the finals to Djokovic before Roland Garros last year I still believed that he would be back and win the French!

I BELIEVE!

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #145
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

i will always support him, but it seems that the lucks and magics around him had gone

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #146
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

At least I'm happy Rafa broke down physically Djoko once again. He looked by far fresher in every minute of the final although Rafa has played a total of 85 min more in the tournament from Djoko and played until SF in Doha while Djoko was resting and preparing in AO. That is a very positive thing which should be considered. Let's see if Djoko can stay and endure another 6 hours in RG. Just bring it on!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #147
country flag MariaV

LOL Foxy I for sure would not endure another 6-hour final at RG. Bad bad me I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yeap, this is by far a the best he played against Djoko since 2010. We can draw many positive from it. I am glad I missed this 4:2 30:15 (i was in the other room at that moment) otherwise I could have broken the TV. The serve I think was very decent, Djoko made lots of good and lots of lucky returns. Rafa's ROS wasn't that bad but probably it was because Djoko's serve probably wasn't that great today. The big disappointment was probably the BH. But I am sure he will work on it in the off-February. He narrowed the gap with Djoko one way or another, let's see if he can build on that. I remain very, very positive after this final. It could have been far, far worse. Like straight set demolition job.

Keep supporting Rafa, guys! He needs you at least 5 more years!
It' so easy right now for Djoko to keep pounding Rafa's bh indeed like Rafa does it to Fed. And Djoko's return is phenomenal atm.
Of course I'll keep supporting Rafa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
It's so tough to think positive aftr this match... I was demolished It was so sad. It was so close. This point at 4/2 and 30/15 is a thing that will always stay in Rafa's mind. He started 5th set winning his service games so easilly...
But Rafa is the greatest guy in the history of sport! I will always support him!
I just couldn't stand today so many UE's from him and again those returns of Djokovic.
BYt MAYBE at RG Rafa will be lucky to finally beat Djokovic. He just needs to play his best game at clay. VAMOS RAFA!
I know it's tough but at the same time it was closer than it ever was all last year, he's getting closer. Rafa was just a bit unlucky this time, and Nole still too good but in tennis things can change really fast as you know.
So of course if Rafa stays positive and keep on working hard he'll have good chances at RG.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #148
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
I have been a fan of Rafa since 2005 and I have never given up on him. When he lost all the finals to Djokovic before Roland Garros last year I still believed that he would be back and win the French!

I BELIEVE!
Ive been a rafa fan since late 03 going into 04, its been great
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #149
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond reputeMorrissey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
Yeah, that point was a back breaker. I never fell for Joker's antics. He's one hell of a bad actor. Outside of a major, he will quit when he's being challenged or he's on the verge of defeat. He bailed on Murray, Del Potro, etc. I remember the first time he played Nadal in RG 2006 and he started rolling on the ground like a Barca player I knew this kid was arrogant and full of shit. His presser afterwards confirmed it. I was in control, bla blah. I can take Federer, he's not as irritating as Joker. But I suppose the only positive is that he looks unlikely to add to the 16. Nadal has chances to add more. But before the Joker dominance, I predicted Nadal with 13-14 majors. 2 French and 1 or 2 from the other majors. Maybe 1 Wimbledon or 1 Wimbledon and 1 hardcourt major. I more than anything want to see Nadal tie Sampras. But he needs to keep improving for that to happen.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #150
I wanna taste u.

Some of these djoktards and some andytards to are saying that rafa shouldn't take anything positive from this match, what a bunch of pathetic ridiculous fools
Quote:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com