Chris Bradnam - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #46
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chris Bradnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
think it was him and David Felgate

they were laughing about the length of skirt between Hantchukova and Petra Martic lol
Bradnam is such a pervert whenever calling WTA matches. Constantly talking about their outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michael View Post
Gee, this Bradnam is so annoying. I was spending a lazy day at my couch watching some telly and every now and then I switched to Eurosport 2 and they were showing the exho from Adelaide. Bradnam and Felgate were in the booth and it was just utter shit. Here's pretty much how the commentary went:

-Good volley
-HAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA

-She's gonna keep him company
-HHAHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAAAHHHAA
-HHAAHHHAAAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAHHHHAAAHHAHAHHAHAH

-Remember to bring the sun lotion to Melbourne
-HHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHHHAHHAHHAHHAAHHHHAAAHAHHAHHA

I mean what the hell is going on? It's like some kind of really, really rotten comedy sketch. Just awful. There must be hundreds of complaints from viewers.
: It's so hilarious how accurate this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
Actually I found it very funny. Ridiculous type of funny, of course, but still funny. He come up with pretty new crazy rules in this last 2 days.

"When the ball hit more than half line, a player should lose 2 challenges"

"When the ball hits the top of the net, that player shouldn't be allowed to win the point".

And other stiff that I can't remember right now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Plus the Bradnam over-exuberant exclamations of "WOW" and "OUCH" and the classic "HE'S CHALLENGING HE'S CHALLENGING"

"HA-HAHAHA-HA-HAHA-HA"

Sir Frew (and Jo too) actually laughs a lot and makes silly jokes too, but he still knows when to be serious and even if he isn't always correct, he at least attempts to Analyse the tennis.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #47
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

My personal favorite was when he bursted into storytelling about how he continuously watches some 80's animated b-movie over and over again and resembled it with Nadal beating Berdych.

The tragedy is when he is calling a match between the big 4.

Apparently, Murray and Djokovic are at the same time the "best mover of all time". In the same frickin' match.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #48
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Recorded the match.. here's how the conversation went when Wilander arrived to replace Frew in the 2nd set of Murray/Nole-

Simon Reed: "..3 times champion Mats Wilander is here. We had a huge audience last night for that fabulous encounter, you got carried away, upset a few people at home who reckoned you talked too much.. but it was almost impossible not to?"

Wilander: "Ohh yeah I apologise for that, I was just so excited and I will definitely er definitely tone it down, but Federer-Nadal it just excites me so much."

Guess people DID complain. Should have made Bradnam apologise too for his own criminal butchery of tennis commentating yesterday.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #49
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if they read these forums
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #50

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Actually don't get me wrong. I love Trollander.

He provides continuous entertainment to my ears. You just have to take lightly what he says.
Bradnum is just damn right annoying.

My other complain is that Jo Durie and Sam Smith sound EXACTLY the same. You simply can't distinguish the two.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #51

Another favorite was in the Djoko-Ferrer match.

Mats called Ferrer Federer during a point, then pardoned himself for the mistake, then, IN THE SAME POINT/SENTENCE again called Ferrer Federer, but never apologized for the mistake that time, kind of let it slide...

He also has this thing where he sighs loudly during a point, for example in the Nadal - Berdych match, during that point where Rafa retrieved like 4 winners, he was oooh-aweing at every single get into the microphone.

It almost sounded like some old lady giving her last breath.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #52
country flag Maxon Tutnplok

Maxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond reputeMaxon Tutnplok has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up watching tennis on Eurosport in the 90s when it was usually just David Mercer and Frew MacMillan, and they are by far my favourite combination, just some good old-fashioned humour and great knowledge of the game. I really wish they'd use Mercer more, and Frew is simply awesome, funny as hell for an old guy too, without even trying.
Jo Durie is great for WTA matches, and I agree that she and Simon Reed have great chemistry. Simon isn't really THAT bad, he tends to get over-excited and can spill some gibberish tennis-wise, but he is at least good at commentating, has a good technique and can lead a normal conversation without sounding like a baffoon.
On the other side of the spectrum..... the combination of Bradnam and Wilander. Bradnam really comes off as retarded, he is just unbearable and especially with Mats, acts like his lap-dog. I'm always pissed off when he's calling a big match, he just ruins it for me.
Mats may just be a drinker or something, he finds it really hard to control the things that come out of his mouth. Especially when calling Roger's matches, I always get the feeling he has very little respect for him, he always finds a way to implicate that Federer really doesn't have any balls and that he just lucked out with his success. But sometimes he does say hillarious things, so he can be useful for comic relief.
Maxon Tutnplok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #53
country flag Sonic

Sonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond reputeSonic has a reputation beyond repute

I've never watched an episode of Game, Set & Mats.... him and Annabel Croft for half an hour makes me feel a like I could vom on my laptop. I can't imagine Mats saying anything I want to hear or agree with, let alone anything he says in response to an Annabel Croft question.
Sonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #54
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Annabel Croft is actually a really nice person and very knowledgable about the game (as you would expect). I had the chance to talk with her quite a few times during an exhibition event before Wimbledon a few years ago and it was a pleasure.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #55
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Annabel Croft is actually a really nice person and very knowledgable about the game (as you would expect). I had the chance to talk with her quite a few times during an exhibition event before Wimbledon a few years ago and it was a pleasure.
I agree. We met her when we were in the queue for Wimbledon 2009. We had camped overnight and got up quite early and Annabel was there taking a walk along the queue. She was happy to stop and chat to us and others. I also think that she knows her stuff, she gets carried along in the Brit pro Murray thing but I think that all the Brit tennis media are expected to. Also she is hot! Annabel Croft
dav abu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #56
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute

Annabel Croft is quite good, she just gets overwhelmed by the huge dick that is Greg Rusedski. I always feel sorry for her when I watch the sky broadcast for the US Open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
I remember it. Oh god, do I remember it. Had to sit through that shit for 3 hours.
Usually, as soon as I know it's Wilander and Bradnam commentating I switch over to BBC. John Lloyd can be bad sometimes but he's easy to tune out. No such luck this year since the BBC coverage has been nonexistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post

I need to find a way to get Eurosport here.
Trust me, you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
My other complain is that Jo Durie and Sam Smith sound EXACTLY the same. You simply can't distinguish the two.
I have this problem too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon Tutnplok View Post
I grew up watching tennis on Eurosport in the 90s when it was usually just David Mercer and Frew MacMillan, and they are by far my favourite combination, just some good old-fashioned humour and great knowledge of the game. I really wish they'd use Mercer more, and Frew is simply awesome, funny as hell for an old guy too, without even trying.
I love both of them. They would be an amazing combination, I have no idea why Eurosport never use them together. In fact, I have no idea what Eurosport have been doing with David Mercer the last two weeks. He doesn't seem to be commentating on any matches. Instead he'll just randomly announce the score of a WTA match on another court every once in a while. Poor guy.
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #57
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute

Love both Chris

when are they finally ditching McMillan

he reminds me of Sophia from Golden Girls 'Picture it, Sicily, 1926 ...' why give facts from 50 years ago

plus annoying factor
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #58

Bradnum commentating a Murray - Federer match. Please, fucking make it stop.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #59
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

Time to take notice. I take everything back. Bradnam is the GOAT commentator. Finally Reed and Mercer have realised who the real talent is.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #60
country flag Mr.Michael

Mr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Michael has a reputation beyond repute

For a couple of weeks now Bradnam has said that the Russian icehockey star Alex Ovechkin plays for The Washington Castles. Oh yeah, the great American sports team, The Washington Castles. What trophies have they won?

Bradnam and Felgate have still been utter crap. Just laughing about some stupid things. During the US Open those two will probably be ruining many matches.
Mr.Michael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote