1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #16
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juniors: Noah Rubin, Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Plenty of promising prospects but it's Kozlov first and foremost. If he grows to a good height and keeps improving.....
His results are superb, but does he have enough firepower? He seems like a finesse player in all of his YouTube videos.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #17
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Wiersholm won the Plaza Cup today, crushing his opponent 6-0, 6-1 in the final. That's an 18-and-under tournament, folks, with a decent (though certainly not strong) field. Impressive. Wiersholm strikes me has a kid with the right stuff.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Petits As 2012

1st Round
[USA] Nathan PONWITH [10] def. [FRA] Corentin MOUTET [Q] 7-5 6-4
[USA] Francis TIAFOE [4] def. [ISR] Yankel ZEMEL [WC] 6-2 6-1
[USA] William BLUMBERG [15] [s] def. [ROU] Calin MANDA 6-2 7-6(2)
[USA] Michael MMOH [5] [s] def. [FRA] Geoffrey BLANCANEAUX 6-3 6-1

Keep it up boys
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Boris Kozlov's after his win at the Plaza Cup (Boys 12)

Quote:
"I'm going to to start playing more 14s, because the tournaments here are starting to get easy, and I'm winning almost every one," said Kozlov, who won a Florida 12s designated tournament earlier this month. "Not to sound cocky or anything, but my dad wants me to start playing more in the 14s."
Had to chuckle .

Last edited by SapELee : 01-24-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #20
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
McDonald won his second round match with ease at the AO. Nice tournament for him even if he loses next round.
His match is scheduled on showcourt #3 against Andrew Harris (AUS)[6]. Too bad ESPN3 is not showing it.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Smith and Halebian playing in the Futures USAF3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Austin Smith and Alexios Halebian both received wildcard into USAF3. Austin will play Bangoura and Alexios against Daniel Kosakowski . Daniel is in a serious slump, maybe Alexios can pull off a win.
Austin and Alexios both won and will play each other in the next round.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #22
country flag SHB

All four boys advanced to the round of 16 at Les Petits As. None of them have dropped a set yet. In addition, both doubles teams are into the QFs.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #23
country flag SHB

Mackenzie McDonald just pulled off an insane comeback at the Australian Open. Down 6-0, 4-0, he comes back to win 0-6, 6-4, 6-2! Crazy. At one point the point total was 38-18 in Stanek's favor and McDonald was only winning 33% of his service points. The final point total was 79-73 in McDonald's favor and he won 58% of his service points. I don't know how to explain that. Hopefully someone will provide a good match recap.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Mackenzie McDonald just pulled off an insane comeback at the Australian Open. Down 6-0, 4-0, he comes back to win 0-6, 6-4, 6-2! Crazy. At one point the point total was 38-18 in Stanek's favor and McDonald was only winning 33% of his service points. The final point total was 79-73 in McDonald's favor and he won 58% of his service points. I don't know how to explain that. Hopefully someone will provide a good match recap.
I was surprised at the result; it looked like the match was lost when I log off for the night. Hope he could keep it up.

Last edited by SapELee : 01-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Petite As 2012

Round 2

[USA] Nathan PONWITH [10] def. [HRV] Zvonimir ORESKOVIC 6-3 4-6 6-2
[USA] Francis TIAFOE [4] def. [GBR] Jay CLARKE 6-3 6-1
[USA] William BLUMBERG [15] def. [HRV] Nikola MIHALJEVIC 6-1 6-0
[USA] Michael MMOH [5] def. [FRA] Constant DE LA BASSETIERE [Q] 7-5 6-1

Round 3

[USA] Nathan PONWITH [10] def. [CAN] Dylan BEDNARCZYK 6-1 6-2
[USA] Francis TIAFOE [4] def. [FRA] Noe KHLIF [WC] 6-4 6-3
[USA] William BLUMBERG [15] def. [FRA] Matteo MARTINEAU [WC] 6-4 7-5
[USA] Michael MMOH [5] def. [ESP] Eduard GUELL BARTRINA 6-4 4-6 6-1

Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #26
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alexios Halebian through to the quarterfinal 6-1 6-3 over Smith.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alexios lost to Jeff Dadamo 5-7 6-4 5-7. Still a great week.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #28
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

McDonald lost to Filip Peliwo(CAN) 4-6 4-6 in the semis. Great week and a lot to be proud of.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #29
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Le Petite As 2012

Code:
Quarterfinals

[USA] Nathan PONWITH [10]    def. [FRA] Louis TESSA        6-2 3-1 Retired 
[USA] Francis TIAFOE [4]     def. [SWE] Mikael YEMER       6-3 6-0  
[USA] William BLUMBERG [15]  def. [CHE] Marko OSMAKCIC [7] 6-4 6-4  
[USA] Michael MMOH [5]       def. [CZE] Alessandro RICCI   6-0 6-0
Total dominations . Guaranteed American winner .
Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #30
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Le Petite As 2012

And in Doubles too!

Quote:
They could hold the doubles finals back in the United States if they wished, as all four US teams are in the two finals. Black and Nicole Frenkel will play Emma Higuchi and Raquel Pedraza for the girls championship, while Mmoh and Tiafoe will play Blumberg and Ponwith.