HELP STOP SOPA AND PIPA (the Thing That Will Kill Freedom Of Speech For Us Citizens) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #16
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP STOP SOPA AND PIPA (the Thing That Will Kill Freedom Of Speech For Us Citize

I thought America was the land of the free . They want to control the internet. When China does it they say it's human rights abuse. When America does it they say it's to stop piracy and the usual excuse national security. Hypocrites.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #17
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP STOP SOPA AND PIPA (the Thing That Will Kill Freedom Of Speech For Us Citize

I'd still be shocked if this shit passes.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #18
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Stop Sopa And Pipa (they Can Ruin The Internet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy75 View Post
Thought that you were referring to the pay streams on the ATP website. There are far more matches (including futures and challenger level matches) than those that are simply available on TTC or Eurosport. As a matter of fact, TTC fails to show many matches from the Master's Series events even located within the US. Many of my friends and colleagues are players or are involved with players ranked below the top tier, and thus I have a greater desire to see more matches than your casual Federer or Roddick fan.

If you are American and are ignorant and/or happy with your daily programming and big brother, corporate-run government then by all means stay content. My understanding was that this thread was for those who have read the bills and are subsequently deeply concerned with their implications (in a sports and sports-themed internet context, of course).
Lol
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #19
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this bill already dead? That's what I heard anyway.
'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #20
country flag sicko

sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
I thought America was the land of the free . They want to control the internet. When China does it they say it's human rights abuse. When America does it they say it's to stop piracy and the usual excuse national security. Hypocrites.
Land of free? Maybe a hundred years ago...Death penalty? Guantanamo? War of Terror? Censored tits on TV? Minimum drinking age 21?

europe is much closer to the term "free" than america...
sicko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #21
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
I'd still be shocked if this shit passes.
Same but it's still good to stand up against it. Hell Congress and such get away with passing too many bills that the American public really never educates themselves on, with some sketchy things written in them. It's good to see as a nation we're starting to take more notice in these types of things.
LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #22
country flag iPaparazzo
Banned!

iPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
Land of free? Maybe a hundred years ago...Death penalty? Guantanamo? War of Terror? Censored tits on TV? Minimum drinking age 21?

I'd actually like to move to scandinavia or france both very free countries

can't stand the us with all the congress bs
iPaparazzo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #23
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post

I could not agree with you more. People also buy into the whole fake American dream . I have never met people who just follow their government so blindly. If you disagree with the government you are branded Un-American .
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
country flag iPaparazzo
Banned!

iPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond reputeiPaparazzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I could not agree with you more. People also buy into the whole fake American dream . I have never met people who just follow their government so blindly. If you disagree with the government you are branded anti-American .
ikr
iPaparazzo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #25
country flag sicko

sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaparazzo View Post
I'd actually like to move to scandinavia or france both very free countries

can't stand the us with all the congress bs
the scandinavian countries have a great system, but the weather sucks big time. besides, there are no cities like NYC or LA in europe.
sicko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #26
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
USA don't copy China please
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #27
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

A merry parade of ignorance dances through this thread.

"Non-Tennis," in any case.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #28
country flag Spierbal

Spierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond repute

America is exposed for their hypocrisy... They used to criticized China for censorship. Now the US want to copy China and create a Great Firewall of America. There is a lot more to the bill than what is stated in its context. Just look at the history of the American govt. and the happy trigger of lawsuits, corporations attacking each other. These bills should be viewed as a start, a gateway drug of some kind. Who knows where it might lead us too..
Spierbal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #29
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Stop Sopa And Pipa (they Can Ruin The Internet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Which is why I watch pay extra money to get HD tennis on my TV.
I pay extra money for TTC and I'm lucky if I get decent coverage of most tournaments. I understand they can't air every tournament, but sometimes there will be weeks where you will have two or three 250s going on and we're lucky if we get semifinals on TTC, much less LIVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Isn't this bill already dead? That's what I heard anyway.
No, the debate has just been postponed until February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
A merry parade of ignorance dances through this thread.

"Non-Tennis," in any case.
NID

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post

BTW why isn't Wiki working now? Why do we have to adhere to US time?
Ask Wikipedia. They are the ones who ''stopped'' it.