Twitter Thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #16
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Twitter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
But how do you gather the diverse sources of opinion and how long does it take to do that?
Don't really understand the question. Not sure what part of the whole process you refer to.

It doesn't take very long to stroll down a few hours worth of tweets, depending on how many people you follow. I generally scroll down the list, opening potentially-interesting links in new tabs then close twitter and set about reading the links I've opened.

It's more convenient than visiting and browsing dozens of different websites.

And again, depending on who or how many people you follow you will have to filter out a certain amount of vacuous rubbish but that becomes second nature after a while.

That's just one use. There's plenty of mindless chit chat involved with my twitter use but I don't mind that and it's not mandatory.
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Don't really understand the question. Not sure what part of the whole process you refer to.

It doesn't take very long to stroll down a few hours worth of tweets, depending on how many people you follow. I generally scroll down the list, opening potentially-interesting links in new tabs then close twitter and set about reading the links I've opened.

It's more convenient than visiting and browsing dozens of different websites.

And again, depending on who or how many people you follow you will have to filter out a certain amount of vacuous rubbish but that becomes second nature after a while.

That's just one use. There's plenty of mindless chit chat involved with my twitter use but I don't mind that and it's not mandatory.
I basically agree with this - also, for me it's useful for me to use when I'm out and it's a good way for me to catch up on various news stories, latest scores, etc. whilst I'm on the train to/from work, for example.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Also, you can follow me here

http://twitter.com/Gavnich77
Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
I basically agree with this - also, for me it's useful for me to use when I'm out and it's a good way for me to catch up on various news stories, latest scores, etc. whilst I'm on the train to/from work, for example.
But where is the news? On your link I only see gossip and it seems to me that is all there is on Twitter. People who feel the need to think out loud, as it were, like talking at the movies. Why would I go there for the latest news? I still don't get it.

But don't worry, I don't really want to get it. People who stumble around the stunningly beautiful Toronto Islands staring into a little screen on their phone amuse me. I don't know why they leave home at all.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-03-2011 at 01:31 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
country flag Taz Warrior

Quote:
But where is the news? On your link I only see gossip and it seems to me that is all there is on Twitter. People who feel the need to think out loud, as it were, like talking at the movies. Why would I go there for the latest news? I still don't get it.

But don't worry, I don't really want to get it. People who stumble around the stunningly beautiful Toronto Islands staring into a little screen on their phone amuse me. I don't know why they leave home at all.
But you wouldn't see my newsfeed by clicking to my Twitterpage - that's personalised for each individual.

What I don't understand is why, when you've already decided that you have no interest in Twitter, are you posting in a thread for those of us who are?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #21
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I have no interest in using twitter myself from what I know of it, but that does not mean I am not interested in why people spend time tweeting.
You see, when you talk about your newsfeed being personalised for each individual, I wonder what you do that is newsworthy. I am curious as to how much of Twitter is just people talking into a vacuum for the sake of talking and convincing themselves that they have something interesting to say.
I have yet to find where the news is in my rare visits to Twitter. For example, if you go to scoobschris right now you will see he is posting scores of Rafa v Djokovic. And I wonder why someone does this. What is the point (pun intended)?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
country flag Santoro Magician

Santoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond reputeSantoro Magician has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.twitter.com/tmstennis

All posts are tennis relevant and write statistics on all levels, more focus on GB players.
Santoro Magician is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

http://twitter.com/theonejoeyd

I follow Murray, Roddick, Isner and one or two others, though most of my tweets are about footy, the match, booze, wrestling, Mersey stuff.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
country flag angela

angela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond repute

I follow Nadal, Berdych, Juan Martin and my twitter is

http://www.twitter.com/ivysantodomingo
Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I follow Nadal, Berdych, Juan Martin and my twitter is

http://www.twitter.com/ivysantodomingo
u should follow Karlovic, he's pretty good
Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #26
country flag angela

angela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
u should follow Karlovic, he's pretty good

I will do it
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #27
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/EddceLLent

I mainly post stuff about British tennis.

I assume i'm the same as most people in that I get more out of Twitter than I put into it. It's not like facebook in that there's less of a focus on friendships, instead it's more focussed on topics that people are discussing. Personally I find it interesting if there's something big going on (like for instance, the killing of Osama Bin Laden a few months ago) to be able to follow events and reactions to them in real time. With there being so many people on Twitter, including journalists and high profile people, you can get some quite interesting insights if you know where to look.

Followed most of you - although some were dead links.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But where is the news?
https://twitter.com/#!/AP
https://twitter.com/#!/BreakingNews
https://twitter.com/#!/BBCBreaking
https://twitter.com/#!/Reuters
https://twitter.com/#!/cnnbrk
Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #29
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Thx
Old 05-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #30
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP! Someone talked me into twitter as well,

how about everyone post their twitter account in here?

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote