TT poll: Late entries & Special exempts - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should late entries be eligible to receive special exempts?

Yes 18 54.55%
No 15 45.45%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute
Default TT poll: Late entries & Special exempts

Should late entries be eligible to receive special exempts? Current rules: yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo
-LEs for SEs

I think LEs shouldn't be allowed a SE. For example if I played in lowCH and reached the final and commited for lowCH the following week, I would withdraw and get a SE in the highCH that week and probably take someone's place.
This is a rare situation in TT, and the player usually doesn't know if he/she will actually receive the SE when applying for it, but it's still possible to happen.

Another possible approach: should players who didn't commit on time be allowed to receive a SE and take the MD place of a player who commited before the first deadline?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP Rulebook
A player is eligible to receive a special exempt into the singles main draw of the following week's tournament, subject to the provisions of this section, if he is unable to compete in that qualifying competition because he is still competing on the date the qualifying competition begins in another qualified event, and his current ranking as of the date of the entry deadline would not have otherwise qualified him as a direct acceptance on the original acceptance list if he had entered.
This is the first paragraph of the eligibility section of the Special Exempts topic. I'm not sure if it helps, as late entries don't exist in ATP.
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TT poll: Late entries & Special exempts

I say they should be able to get SE. Say someone really low ranked makes the final in an ATP event but has signed up for a challenger the following week. Now that they've made the final they can switch to an ATP event for a SE, and they would be a LE, so if we switched this then they couldn't.

In the ATP while there are no late entries, you can not enter any tournament in a week, and if you do well enough for a SE the previous week then you can get the SE even though you didn't enter on time(equivalent to a LE). Like for example Frank Dancevic didn't intend on playing Helsinki challenger this year. But he made the semis of the tournament before(Bratislava I think) so he was given the SE into Helsinki

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest to change the priority criteria for SE, I mean that if more than two players apply for SE then those spots should be given according to the entry list but not ranking as it is now. This way LE's would be disadvantaged but not ineligible for SE's.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

What is the final decision on this rule?